Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo

Expand the stadium? The poll

1,304 members have voted

1. 1. Expand the stadium?

• Yes, asap!
    • Maybe when we're established top flight. (Another 2 years+ survival)
    • Not fussed.
    • No.

20 minutes ago, Livid said:

The current location is fantastic for access from the city centre/train station  but something really needs to be sorted out for those who drive in.

Parking is already horrendous. I understand plans are afoot to make some of the side streets off Aylestone Rd residents only, which is fair enough they live there we play at home on 20 something days a year.

If we add another 10 to 15000 onto our current capacity there will be chaos.

You go out of town you have virtually everyone in their cars. I've stuck in car parks for as along as 1 hour in such situations in small crowds at places like Scunthorpe.

Simple way is that the club make a real push for park and ride schemes 

38 minutes ago, Livid said:

The current location is fantastic for access from the city centre/train station  but something really needs to be sorted out for those who drive in.

Parking is already horrendous. I understand plans are afoot to make some of the side streets off Aylestone Rd residents only, which is fair enough they live there we play at home on 20 something days a year.

If we add another 10 to 15000 onto our current capacity there will be chaos.

Use the park and ride?

The sensible and simple solution is Park & Ride.

The expensive but probably worthwhile solution would be gaining access to the railtrack which I believe is freight only?

Also what about a walkway over the river to encourage travel to and from that part of leics?

New stadium holding 60k with hotel and bars within the complex and a big close able roof please. We'll make the investment back as we'll be able to hold all sorts of gigs concerts and sporting events.

If if it needs to be built out near the M1, I want water shuttles going out there and back along the river, a free bus route on match days from the city centre and a small train station within walking distance with access out to all routes.

I'd also like a roof top stand for drinkers, smokers and vapers with more of a 80's atmosphere.

4 hours ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

You go out of town you have virtually everyone in their cars. I've stuck in car parks for as along as 1 hour in such situations in small crowds at places like Scunthorpe.

Simple way is that the club make a real push for park and ride schemes 

I agree there's no easy solution other than greatly improving public transport. Using the park and ride would make perfect sense but it only seems to get mentioned on here.

At the end of the day I guess the City council are only looking out for the city residents, a lot of whom have no need to drive to home games. I prefer to drive as in winter standing around for a bus or walking to the station isn't that great sometimes. I do take the train or bus from Syston due to the fact that once everyone gets in their car all that brotherly love from 20 minutes earlier disappears in clouds of road rage. 

We move or stay and expand the traffic infrastructure needs to be sorted.

This thread was started a year ago and 35% voted survival plus 2 years. Well given it would take a year for planning approval to even start work and it looks like our squad is strong enough to finish at worst scenario top ten; would it not now be prudent to change your vote to asap. We have a ground that is like 19th or something in capacity which is very close to unambitious in terms of continuing our success to become an established Premier League team that we could take our children / grandchildren to a decade from now.

Or are we happy to become a Blackburn?

Guest CityFan 06
2 hours ago, Great Boos Up said:

This thread was started a year ago and 35% voted survival plus 2 years. Well given it would take a year for planning approval to even start work and it looks like our squad is strong enough to finish at worst scenario top ten; would it not now be prudent to change your vote to asap. We have a ground that is like 19th or something in capacity which is very close to unambitious in terms of continuing our success to become an established Premier League team that we could take our children / grandchildren to a decade from now.

Or are we happy to become a Blackburn?

Good post and I agree, now seems the time for expansion more than ever. Since the ground was built in 2002, at this current moment in time the club's in its best position in every sense - financially, support/fan base, team success, regular sell outs etc.

The club is in a position where it has the ability to take a step further intobecome into the 'big club' category. Demand is there and I'd certainly be for the expansion. 

4 hours ago, WigstonWanderer said:

Can't understand why the cost of a new stadium is quoted as about 90m, but Spurs new stadium is quoted as up to 750m. That's a huge difference. I know it is more expensive to build in London, but why such a huge disparity?

I'm fairly sure that's the entire Spurs package though - purchase of land, demolition of the existing stadium, the build of the other businesses on site and finally the new stadium. It might include the renting of Wembley too

I think our failure to sell out an allocation for a game at Wembley may tell the owners that 40k is too much. 

Personally, I don't see it that way as more seats means no need for farcical, high membership prices and more potential for general sale. Therefore new generations coming through get to watch live football 

Guest CityFan 06
52 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

I think our failure to sell out an allocation for a game at Wembley may tell the owners that 40k is too much. 

Personally, I don't see it that way as more seats means no need for farcical, high membership prices and more potential for general sale. Therefore new generations coming through get to watch live football 

Have we really not sold our end? Surprised by that. 

58 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Don't think you can compare the two Im not one for excuses usually but to be fair your going to have expenses that the majority of fans won't have for a home game, you have travel costs to Wembley and back then theres spending money while you are in London plus the fact it is also holiday season as well 

15 hours ago, jammie82uk said:

Don't think you can compare the two Im not one for excuses usually but to be fair your going to have expenses that the majority of fans won't have for a home game, you have travel costs to Wembley and back then theres spending money while you are in London plus the fact it is also holiday season as well 

Your sort of all missing the rather glaring point that it is of course going to sell out as well, we just haven't sold out between our ST holders and Gold members. Which is not surprising as we were allocated more seats than we have ST holders.

37 minutes ago, Manwell Pablo said:

Your sort of all missing the rather glaring point that it is of course going to sell out as well, we just haven't sold out between our ST holders and Gold members. Which is not surprising as we were allocated more seats than we have ST holders.

They have been on sale to all member levels now 

39 minutes ago, Manwell Pablo said:

It's been on sale to all levels of members though, which total over 27K pretty easily. 

21 minutes ago, Quorndon_Fox said:

Just booked mine today, whats left will then hit general sale and no doubt go in a flash.

If they go to general sale then they will go in a flash unfortunately can't see many being Leicester fans buying them as they will get pushed out by the touts 

Just now, Manwell Pablo said:

By the by, they will sell out, and an expanded stadium would be far from empty unless we were to get much worse. 

I'm in agreement with you it will sell out I was just pointing out reasons why it's probably not sold out as quickly as some people thought it should do 

Archived