Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo

Expand the stadium? The poll

1,304 members have voted

1. 1. Expand the stadium?

• Yes, asap!
    • Maybe when we're established top flight. (Another 2 years+ survival)
    • Not fussed.
    • No.

48 minutes ago, sylofox said:

I'm not saying they can't put the stipulations' in now. What I am saying is they can't refuse an application now because certain things did not happen last time. Other than Doris the tea lady I doubt any present staff were here when the ground was built.

Not per se but they could argue as a business you didn't/couldn't implement the last conditions why should we believe you this time, certainly that's what any protesters might argue. They may even insist on any travel plans being implemented before final approval is given.

The point is not whether they insist on anything ultimately but that all these potential arguments could cause a significant delay.

Anyway as I said I'm sure Soulsby will be all for it so any significant obstacles will be dismissed or side track that is the Soulsby way.

3 hours ago, davieG said:

Not per se but they could argue as a business you didn't/couldn't implement the last conditions why should we believe you this time, certainly that's what any protesters might argue. They may even insist on any travel plans being implemented before final approval is given.

The point is not whether they insist on anything ultimately but that all these potential arguments could cause a significant delay.

Anyway as I said I'm sure Soulsby will be all for it so any significant obstacles will be dismissed or side track that is the Soulsby way.

I know what you mean but unless the council have informed the current owners why would they know these conditions were in place. They bought a running business then bought the ground. They have had no reason to look into planning permission from when the ground was built. Its fit for purpose of use.

11 hours ago, Spudulike said:

Who are these protestors (Offside ??) ?? Weren't they the ones living the other side of Bede Island when the original proposal was on the table ?? I think there were only a few (about 2!) ojections to the Freeman's Wharf development.

Maybe more this time. People will worry with the extra fans a minor earth tremor my turn into a full blown earthquake.

11 hours ago, Spudulike said:

Who are these protestors (Offside ??) ?? Weren't they the ones living the other side of Bede Island when the original proposal was on the table ?? I think there were only a few (about 2!) ojections to the Freeman's Wharf development.

They were quite a big group led by a city councillor, Mary Draycott.

They started protesting with the big Bede Island proposal and reinvented themselves to put a block on the development of Filbert St particularly a big stand on Burnmouth St and the increased numbers.

Fortunately Draycott  is no longer a councillor but I'm  sure she's  still capable of being active.

51 minutes ago, m4DD0gg said:

I think because our profile is so high now not only in the UK but on a global scale the council will have to buckle on this one and just agree to what the club want.

As long as there's a cycle lane installed circling the stadium and some student accommodation included in the extension, probably instead of executive boxes they'll be fine, they might even qualify for a grant.

16 minutes ago, davieG said:

As long as there's a cycle lane installed circling the stadium and some student accommodation included in the extension, probably instead of executive boxes they'll be fine, they might even qualify for a grant.

lol

Wonder what sort of 'favours' the Tigers did to be allowed the level of expansion they have made.

Plenty of spare land near Grove Farm area and the Enderby park and ride.

Be convenient for the away fans going in separate directions and local home fans going back into the city.

Before the King Power was built, there was suggestions in having the new ground out-of-town but for some reason the idea was rejected.

Plenty of spare land near Grove Farm area and the Enderby park and ride.

Be convenient for the away fans going in separate directions and local home fans going back into the city.

Before the King Power was built, there was suggestions in having the new ground out-of-town but for some reason the idea was rejected.

Because it's a terrible idea.

Leicester Fosse Park doesn't have the same ring. (I know our history).

7 hours ago, davieG said:

They were quite a big group led by a city councillor, Mary Draycott.

They started protesting with the big Bede Island proposal and reinvented themselves to put a block on the development of Filbert St particularly a big stand on Burnmouth St and the increased numbers.

Fortunately Draycott  is no longer a councillor but I'm  sure she's  still capable of being active.

So they didn't kick up a fuss about Freeman's Wharf ?? Can't see why they would this time either. No residents affected so, I'd have thought, only the transport issues.

I seen to remember one of the only objection was from one of the car showrooms over the road.

Imagine "we object to 30,000 people walking by our showroom looking at our cars.Along with 1000s of others that will visit the club shop and may go car shopping at the same time" lol

Guest CityFan 06

I'd have thought most would be in support of the expansion, hopefully. As mentioned though transport appears to be the key factor which needs to be addressed - it takes a long time to get home with a 32k crowd, let alone another ten thousand on that. Personally, I'd like to see the East Stand and Kop expanded as a joint tier.

Guest CityFan 06
1 hour ago, Jimmy said:

don't we already have planning permission sorted, I'm sure I read that fairly recently

Yeah I thought that too. Having looked at two Mercury articles just now though, from what I gather plans are in place as opposed to permission granted, that's how I understand it. Could be wrong...

Guest CityFan 06

Our ground is in an ideal position location wise in terms of it being in the heart of the city, I'm more for expansion on the current site as opposed to an entirely new stadium.

1 hour ago, CityFan 06 said:

Our ground is in an ideal position location wise in terms of it being in the heart of the city, I'm more for expansion on the current site as opposed to an entirely new stadium.

To relocate would be potentially disastrous 

defo stay where we are and expand

• 3 weeks later...

Archived