Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Scotch

Jonathan Kodjia

bore off ****

It's a legit concern - I'm not sure he touches the ball once with his left foot in that video.  If he's good enough with his right then it makes no odds, but not having the ability to play a ball with your wrong foot limits how well you can improvise at times.  If Pearson & co think he can do the job regardless then I trust them until proven otherwise, but it will still remain grounds for concern until we see how he adapts to the rigours of the PL.  If he even signs.

Never been any top level. or world class players who could only use one foot then?

What part of my post gives you the impression I think that?  Could it be the bit where I specifically said

If he's good enough with his right then it makes no odds

Do you know for a fact that he is good enough with just his right?  Of course you don't, none of us do without seeing him play against a higher level of opposition.  You can have faith in Pearson's transfers, but you can't claim that you know him to be 100% ready for PL football on the back of a Youtube video which only shows the things he gets right but reveals a potential flaw with his play.

You can't really tell if he is one footed from that, he might just really like those outside of the foot pokes.

Who doesn't?  He also really loves dribbling and controlling passes with just his right.  I watched that video again to see how many times a ball makes contact with his left foot: 0 times is the answer.

He's only 25 years old and just got promoted to Ligue 1 with his club SCO Angers. Don't see what's wrong with that.

Not so long ago, we bought an Algerian winger/forward from AC Le Havre for little money...

Yep and? Mahrez was 22, wasn't a striker who had only had one decent season of goalscoring at 25, we were in a division lower and us buying Riyad mid-season gave us time to bed him in. They're quoting 5 million euros which isn't that much to us now but its hardly little money is it? The difference between Ligue 1 and the Premiership is pretty pronounced let alone the French 2nd tier. 

You can try and draw parallels if you want, but it doesn't really work. If we were in the Championship, my initial scepticism would've been completely different but we're now going into a second season of top-flight football and the margin for error and leeway given to new signings is going to decrease.

As I said, with the similarities to Drogba's rise/size coupled with the management team's track record of signings, I'd be interested to see how he does. I would however, much prefer to go after more established players or younger ones with increasing stock.

Who doesn't?  He also really loves dribbling and controlling passes with just his right.  I watched that video again to see how many times a ball makes contact with his left foot: 0 times is the answer.

He's decidedly one-footed and that is a big drawback in a player, especially in the Prem where any weakness is ruthlessly exposed. Will make him very predictable for defenders to mark - those chips with the outside of his foot to the far post look classy but they are easy for the goalkeepers to save when they have watched footage and expect it coming

Wes Morgan is completely one footed isn't he?

Not so important in a defender though is it as you are playing the ball less often and not under pressure? For a striker and a lesser extent a midfielder, the ability to only dribble, pass and shoot with only one foot severely hampers your repertoire and makes you a lot more predictable

most of those goals would have been defended in the prem and the keepers were going down too quickly to enable the dink. Jury is out on this one. You can tell from his technique that he has worked heavily on body shape and 'workarounds' to avoid his left foot. I assume he was a late starter - i.e learnt a lot of bad habits before he started being coached by which time it was too late to correct! On the other hand, he works with his limitations to positve effect.... in these clips but you never get a you tube video made which is full of 'should have beens'

Omg im fed up of people going to you tube to look at videos of players that we have been linked with just because they dont know who the player is and then posting that they look good and we should sign them!!!!!!!

Obviously they going to look good they not going to get the agants to post a video with a load of cock ups in it are they!!!

If you dont know who they are just say so and just know that if we are really looking at them we will sign them if the scouting and management team thinks they will improve the team!!!

Omg im fed up of people going to you tube to look at videos of players that we have been linked with just because they dont know who the player is and then posting that they look good and we should sign them!!!!!!!

Obviously they going to look good they not going to get the agants to post a video with a load of cock ups in it are they!!!

If you dont know who they are just say so and just know that if we are really looking at them we will sign them if the scouting and management team thinks they will improve the team!!!

omg are u his agant

So what are his stats like on Football Manager ?

• 3 weeks later...

Archived