Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
EnderbyFox

Terrorist Attacks

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
15 hours ago, Jattdogg said:

I have mental health issues too. Never had the desire to go out and start killing people. 

Edit: I probably could have worded that better. I blame the meds!

Edited by spacemunky

• 3 weeks later...

Hmmm.

Watching the rooftop video, it looks like the guy shits himself when the ambulance goes past him, he swerves away, hits the cyclists, shits himself again and goes to leg it but goes head on into the barrier.

Might well be a terrorist attack but watching the video it looks more like a hit and (try to) run.

39 minutes ago, Realist Guy In The Room said:

Hmmm.

Watching the rooftop video, it looks like the guy shits himself when the ambulance goes past him, he swerves away, hits the cyclists, shits himself again and goes to leg it but goes head on into the barrier.

Might well be a terrorist attack but watching the video it looks more like a hit and (try to) run.

Goes a long way after hitting the cyclist though. Cuts across the pavement, straightens up on the new road he reaches and then hits the barrier.

Think it's just some lowlife lone guy trying to be something he's not and try and be a terrorist and failing - why would you go down a narrow road knowing it has a barrier there and still fvck it up? 

Either way, what a massive cvnt. 

2 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Think it's just some lowlife lone guy trying to be something he's not and try and be a terrorist and failing - why would you go down a narrow road knowing it has a barrier there and still fvck it up? 

It's bizarre. I think something has snapped in his head at that point and thought **** it. People are stupid but surely if you had any idea you wanted to do this you'd not do it at half seven in the morning whilst parliament isn't sitting and go effectively nowhere with it.

I would highly recommend the podcast below by Rukmini Callimachi from the New York Times.  It's 10 episodes long each about 25-30 mins but an incredible listen about Islamic State.  She has an interview with a returning jihadi, how he was recruited, why he got involved and talks about the functioning of ISIS.  She basically manages to get access to information that I haven't seen any other journalist do.  It is an astounding listen and breaks down a few of the stereotypes and cheap analysis we often see.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2018/podcasts/caliphate-isis-rukmini-callimachi.html

Edited by breadandcheese
  • Like 1

Guest MattP
15 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Pretty much what it looks like, lone wolf, low level, on drugs etc - same as most of the others ones like this.

47 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

Goes a long way after hitting the cyclist though. Cuts across the pavement, straightens up on the new road he reaches and then hits the barrier.

Yeah thats why I said he legs it.  Panicked and ****ed off.  All just looks odd and not really like the London Bridge attack.

Probably will go down as a terror attack but without sounding like i’m making light of it, i’ve seen much worse driving in Cornwall this summer.

1 hour ago, breadandcheese said:

I would highly recommend the podcast below by Rukmini Callimachi from the New York Times.  It's 10 episodes long each about 25-30 mins but an incredible listen about Islamic State.  She has an interview with a returning jihadi, how he was recruited, why he got involved and talks about the functioning of ISIS.  She basically manages to get access to information that I haven't seen any other journalist do.  It is an astounding listen and breaks down a few of the stereotypes and cheap analysis we often see.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2018/podcasts/caliphate-isis-rukmini-callimachi.html

Nice one!

9 hours ago, Realist Guy In The Room said:

Hmmm.

That’s what I thought, looked like he panicked, stuck his foot down to get out the way and got his foot stuck under the brake pedal or something

Edited by yorkie1999