Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
EnderbyFox

Terrorist Attacks

11 hours ago, lestajigs said:

Does it surprise you??? It doesn’t me!!! We live in a absolutely soft soft country, i’m pretty ashamed of our laws tbf, any terrorist involvement, lock them up for life, how many more lives have got to be lost?? Least Boris might do something about it, Jeremy Corbyn would give him a house and invite him for tea and biscuits!!! Man up england 

No he wouldn't. The Daily Mail and The Sun will tell you that though.

Tories have been in power for a decade, not really sure how it's labours doing.

Edited by Fox92
  • Thanks 1

I'd point the finger squarely at the Government, Labour primarily.

The combination of a) Inviting millions of people from the Middle East from the late 90s - late 00s and b) Bombing the shit out of these areas. All against the wishes of the vast majority of the British public.

Hardly surprising what's happening now is it? The government has radicalised part of the population it imported.

Edited by DennisNedry
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Fox92 said:

No he wouldn't. The Daily Mail and The Sun will tell you that though.

Tories have been in power for a decade, not really sure how it's labours doing.

Cameron's lily livered one nation Tories for most of it though - Priti Patel now has five years to sort this out and after that no more excuses.

Can't blame people for knocking Corbyn where he openly gave opinions saying he wasn't even comfortable with a shoot to kill policy.

43 minutes ago, DennisNedry said:

I'd point the finger squarely at the Government, Labour primarily.

The combination of a) Inviting millions of people from the Middle East from the late 90s - late 00s and b) Bombing the shit out of these areas. All against the wishes of the vast majority of the British public.

Hardly surprising what's happening now is it? The government has radicalised part of the population it imported.

Millions? I'd be interested to see some figures backing up this claim...

13 hours ago, lestajigs said:

Does it surprise you??? It doesn’t me!!! We live in a absolutely soft soft country, i’m pretty ashamed of our laws tbf, any terrorist involvement, lock them up for life, how many more lives have got to be lost?? Least Boris might do something about it, Jeremy Corbyn would give him a house and invite him for tea and biscuits!!! Man up england 

Years ago after the Rotherham grooming scandal a guy called Tommy Robinson said that was just the tip of the iceberg like most I laughed at him sadly he was right

2 minutes ago, everton carr said:

Years ago after the Rotherham grooming scandal a guy called Tommy Robinson said that was just the tip of the iceberg like most I laughed at him sadly he was right

The BNP were saying it for years before him as well.

Maybe a lesson of the last couple of decades would be to listen to serious allegations rather than dismiss them because you don't like the accuser.

10 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

https://www.migrationwatchuk.org/briefing-paper/9.32 'net foreign born migration between mid 1997 and mid 2010 is now found to be nearly 4 million'.

It's tricky to find reliable figures quickly on the country of origin. Obviously a sizeable portion of those 4 million will be from the EU. But these figures don't take into account the unknown amount of illegals.

When you live in Leicester, occasionally travel to London and Birmingham for work, and have family in Bradford, it's not hard to see why I think it's millions (awfully anecdotal I know). I think the 2021 Census will be an eye-opener for many people.

33 minutes ago, MattP said:

Cameron's lily livered one nation Tories for most of it though - Priti Patel now has five years to sort this out and after that no more excuses.

So, you're giving "your side" 5 more years to make excuses on top of the 10 years leeway already allowed? 

If Labour ever return to power, as a fair-minded chap I hope you'll give them 15 years to sort things out. lol 

Anyway, I thought you said Johnson was a social liberal? If so, it's about time he was overthrown and replaced by someone harder line, isn't it? Or is that the excuse ready for Tory mayhem in 5 years?

Out of curiosity, what should Patel do about blokes like this? He'd been convicted at 18 for possessing and distributing terrorist documents, but hadn't attacked anyone.

If he'd served his full term, he'd have been in for another 12-18 months.

3 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

See Fig. 5 for some figures on the nationality / country of origin of migrants in the UK: https://migrationobservatory.ox.ac.uk/resources/briefings/migrants-in-the-uk-an-overview/

- Top 10 countries of origin are Poland, India, Pakistan, Romania, Ireland, Germany, Italy, S. Africa, Bangladesh & China (or Portugal, Lithuania, France & Spain, if you prefer nationality.

As far as I'm aware, none of those countries are in the Middle East....and no other country racks up 200k migrants, so I don't know where those millions of Middle East people have gone

As for the bloke who was shot.....not sure where he was born (possibly UK?) but he was aged 20, so he wasn't even born in the late 90s & would struggle to remember the Labour Govt, which left power when he was 10....

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, everton carr said:

15 minutes ago, MattP said:

The BNP were saying it for years before him as well.

Maybe a lesson of the last couple of decades would be to listen to serious allegations rather than dismiss them because you don't like the accuser.

Er, this is a thread about terrorist attacks.

The Rotherham grooming scandal is a valid issue to discuss (and has been repeatedly) but what does it have to do with terrorism?

.....apart from the religion and approximate, unconfirmed racial origins of the perpetrator, of course! 

I wondered how long into our brave new "global" Brexit Britain it would be before we started seeing people backing Yaxley-Lennon & the BNP again. :rolleyes:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, DennisNedry said:

https://www.migrationwatchuk.org/briefing-paper/9.32 'net foreign born migration between mid 1997 and mid 2010 is now found to be nearly 4 million'.

It's tricky to find reliable figures quickly on the country of origin. Obviously a sizeable portion of those 4 million will be from the EU. But these figures don't take into account the unknown amount of illegals.

When you live in Leicester, occasionally travel to London and Birmingham for work, and have family in Bradford, it's not hard to see why I think it's millions (awfully anecdotal I know). I think the 2021 Census will be an eye-opener for many people.

Yeah, all those non-white faces. Must be terrifying...

@Alf Bentley has summed up the figures there, so not much more for me to add other than you're clearly wide of the mark in suggesting millions of people from the Middle East live here.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Alf Bentley said:

Er, this is a thread about terrorist attacks.

The Rotherham grooming scandal is a valid issue to discuss (and has been repeatedly) but what does it have to do with terrorism?

.....apart from the religion and approximate, unconfirmed racial origins of the perpetrator, of course! 

I wondered how long into our brave new "global" Brexit Britain it would be before we started seeing people backing Yaxley-Lennon & the BNP again. :rolleyes:

Got out of bed on the wrong side again Alf?

No one has "backed" anything, a point was just being made from a thread developing.

Grow up.

14 minutes ago, Alf Bentley said:

So, you're giving "your side" 5 more years to make excuses on top of the 10 years leeway already allowed? 

If Labour ever return to power, as a fair-minded chap I hope you'll give them 15 years to sort things out. lol 

Anyway, I thought you said Johnson was a social liberal? If so, it's about time he was overthrown and replaced by someone harder line, isn't it? Or is that the excuse ready for Tory mayhem in 5 years?

Out of curiosity, what should Patel do about blokes like this? He'd been convicted at 18 for possessing and distributing terrorist documents, but hadn't attacked anyone.

If he'd served his full term, he'd have been in for another 12-18 months.

It's fair to judge this current government now it can actually gets its business through. A coalition government followed by one without a proper majority was never going to achieve much.

For a start they can actually start serving the full sentences. In addition to that the judiciary needs to hand out proper sentencing.

Then obviously we need to find a way of someone making sure they are safe to be released if so - at the minute whatever we are trying isn't working.

6 minutes ago, Alf Bentley said:

Not at all. I just don't like to see people using a terrorist attack to promote racism and/or Islamophobia, by linking it to unconnected crimes committed by people of the same/similar religion/race.

You repped a post claiming that the Labour Govt had invited "millions of people from the Middle East". You "backed" that, presumably while knowing it was untrue - as I know you're not stupid.

You then chimed in with someone else's praise for Yaxley-Lennon, by praising the BNP.....over an issue not connected to terrorism. OK, you were "praising" the BNP on that issue, rather than "backing" them in general.

If it was just "a point being made from a thread developing", shouldn't we also address the trillions of people killed by Tory spending cuts? :whistle:

The overall effect of your contributions was to link disconnected issues so as to encourage racism and Islamophobia. I also believe that was your intention, though I obviously cannot prove that.

.....said the bloke - in his late 30s - who cannot even be open about his Far Right opinions, but emerges occasionally to opportunistically fan the flames of hatred. How pathetic is that? lol

:appl:

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Alf Bentley said:

Not at all. I just don't like to see people using a terrorist attack to promote racism and/or Islamophobia, by linking it to unconnected crimes committed by people of the same/similar religion/race.

You repped a post claiming that the Labour Govt had invited "millions of people from the Middle East". You "backed" that, presumably while knowing it was untrue - as I know you're not stupid.

You then chimed in with someone else's praise for Yaxley-Lennon, by praising the BNP.....over an issue not connected to terrorism. OK, you were "praising" the BNP on that issue, rather than "backing" them in general.

If it was just "a point being made from a thread developing", shouldn't we also address the trillions of people killed by Tory spending cuts? :whistle:

The overall effect of your contributions was to link disconnected issues so as to encourage racism and Islamophobia. I also believe that was your intention, though I obviously cannot prove that.

.....said the bloke - in his late 30s - who cannot even be open about his Far Right opinions, but emerges occasionally to opportunistically fan the flames of hatred. How pathetic is that? lol

I repped that post as it made a rather important point - a level of immigration was forced upon the British people without then ever voting for it. That now might be being reflected in other votes.

Were the BNP correct to point out grooming was occurring? I personally think they were. It wouldn't surprise me if people disagreed with that though.

As for "far right" views - maybe a little more self awareness here? I mean Nick Griffin and the ex KKK leader backed the party you are a member of at the last election. If I was currently in that position I don't think I'd be so vocal in my own self righteousness on the issue as you have here.

4 minutes ago, MattP said:

I repped that post as it made a rather important point - a level of immigration was forced upon the British people without then ever voting for it. That now might be being reflected in other votes.

Were the BNP correct to point out grooming was occurring? I personally think they were. It wouldn't surprise me if people disagreed with that though.

As for "far right" views - maybe a little more self awareness here? I mean Nick Griffin and the ex KKK leader backed the party you are a member of at the last election. If I was currently in that position I don't think I'd be so vocal in my own self righteousness on the issue as you have here.

Although it's a complex issue, it's clearly true that immigration levels were controversial & might be reflected in subsequent votes. There's certainly a valid argument to be had about that, about whether fears were justified, whether other policies were to blame etc. But that wasn't the point that you repped. The point made was that the Labour Govt invited millions of migrants from the Middle East. That is simply untrue.

Anyone who pointed out that grooming was occuring was correct - and they were correct to link particular forms of abuse mainly to particular communities (mainly British of Pakistani origin, I think), even if other forms of abuse are dominated by white people, black people or whoever. But it's interesting that, of all people, you chose to praise the BNP....and to do so in a thread about terrorism (amateurish would-be Islamist terrorism, in this instance).

All sorts of people support every party for all sorts of reasons. I judge a party by its policies and actions: e.g.criticism of Labour over its failure to properly tackle anti-semitism is justified, even if disingenuous opponents make opportunistic use of it.

Yaxley-Lennon backed the Tories and even claimed to be a member, as I recall.

Anyway, I've made my point and have work to do..... 

• Like 1