Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
EnderbyFox

Terrorist Attacks

16 minutes ago, Carl the Llama said:

Leave weed out of it :ranieri:

Matt does that a lot. 

I imagine they all eat meat/drink beer/watch football/have mothers too, but it’s the weed use that’s seen as the relevant common denominator. 

Guest MattP
38 minutes ago, Buce said:

Matt does that a lot. 

I imagine they all eat meat/drink beer/watch football/have mothers too, but it’s the weed use that’s seen as the relevant common denominator. 

https://hitchensblog.mailonsunday.co.uk/2019/01/stupid-people-are-banned-from-reading-this-article-.html

Bit more depth and evidence regarding it in this piece from Peter Hitchins. 

The list is pretty extensive.

I have written many times here of the fact that almost wherever the question has been investigated, these killings on both sides of the Atlantic have one thing in common. The perpetrator was using mind-altering drugs, generally of three types – ‘antidepressants’, e.g, at least one of the Columbine killers, the German Wings pilot who murdered his passengers by flying them into a mountain, the killer of Jo Cox MP;  steroids , e.g., Anders Breivik in Norway, Omar Mateen in Orlando, plus the Westminster and London Bridge killers in London ; and marijuana, Lee Rigby’s killers, the Charlie Hebdo and Bataclan killers, the Brussels killers, the Nice killer (though it is hard to find a drug he had *not* taken) , the Sousse killer, The Rouen killers,  the attempted killer on the Thalys train, the murderer of a soldier in Ottawa, the murderer of a soldier in Quebec, and the perpetrator of the Tucson massacre of January 2011, the Oklahoma City mass-killer Timothy McVeigh. A number of these on both sides of the Atlantic used vehicles as weapons, either to kill or to make their initial attack.

Edited by MattP

6 minutes ago, MattP said:

https://hitchensblog.mailonsunday.co.uk/2019/01/stupid-people-are-banned-from-reading-this-article-.html

I have written many times here of the fact that almost wherever the question has been investigated, these killings on both sides of the Atlantic have one thing in common. The perpetrator was using mind-altering drugs, generally of three types – ‘antidepressants’, e.g, at least one of the Columbine killers, the German Wings pilot who murdered his passengers by flying them into a mountain, the killer of Jo Cox MP;  steroids , e.g., Anders Breivik in Norway, Omar Mateen in Orlando, plus the Westminster and London Bridge killers in London ; and marijuana, Lee Rigby’s killers, the Charlie Hebdo and Bataclan killers, the Brussels killers, the Nice killer (though it is hard to find a drug he had *not* taken) , the Sousse killer, The Rouen killers,  the attempted killer on the Thalys train, the murderer of a soldier in Ottawa, the murderer of a soldier in Quebec, and the perpetrator of the Tucson massacre of January 2011, the Oklahoma City mass-killer Timothy McVeigh. A number of these on both sides of the Atlantic used vehicles as weapons, either to kill or to make their initial attack.

How many of them consumed alcohol?

11 minutes ago, Buce said:

How many of them consumed alcohol?

Comparing cannabis to

1) amphetamines - drugs known for their stimulating users into euphoria & an unrealistic sence of power1

2) antidepressants - which are only given out on perscription to people with diagnosed & determined mental health problems

I'm not sure to be honest, especially given cannabis is used by a chunk of the population by average you would expect an amount of any group to be using de erb, even terroristic loons . . .  with mental health problems or not >_<. No doubt that some people & weed don't mix with and dissociative effects do happen with people predisposed to anxiety &/or schizophrenia2.

Two of the biggest problems(imo) stem from it being a classified sumstance - one is, as it's an unregulated illegally produced commodity it is open to contaminants with the sole accountabilty coming down to whichever dealer sold it and their cloaked network. The second problem of it being illegal is the standard of education the average kid gets is "don't do it, it's illegal you silly bugger!", whether they have previously mentioned mental problems or not - where if it was an accepted part of society(which it pretty much is in all but law) the common sense and education would be out there to warn people of the determined inclement risks and approach them rationally in a united fashion. 

Hitchens comments come across as sensationalist, out of touch and lazy.

1 https://castlecraig.co.uk/help-advice/drugs/types-of-drugs/amphetamines/

2 https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2864503/

1 hour ago, MattP said:

Have you turned into some sort of anti drugs crusader? You were a bit more fun when I first joined the forum. 

I do envy Peter Hitchins being able to write "stupid people are banned from reading this article" lol

Edited by LiberalFox
I want to write more stuff

11 hours ago, Jaspa said:

Comparing cannabis to

1) amphetamines - drugs known for their stimulating users into euphoria & an unrealistic sence of power1

2) antidepressants - which are only given out on perscription to people with diagnosed & determined mental health problems

I'm not sure to be honest, especially given cannabis is used by a chunk of the population by average you would expect an amount of any group to be using de erb, even terroristic loons . . .  with mental health problems or not >_<. No doubt that some people & weed don't mix with and dissociative effects do happen with people predisposed to anxiety &/or schizophrenia2.

Two of the biggest problems(imo) stem from it being a classified sumstance - one is, as it's an unregulated illegally produced commodity it is open to contaminants with the sole accountabilty coming down to whichever dealer sold it and their cloaked network. The second problem of it being illegal is the standard of education the average kid gets is "don't do it, it's illegal you silly bugger!", whether they have previously mentioned mental problems or not - where if it was an accepted part of society(which it pretty much is in all but law) the common sense and education would be out there to warn people of the determined inclement risks and approach them rationally in a united fashion. 

Hitchens comments come across as sensationalist, out of touch and lazy.

1 https://castlecraig.co.uk/help-advice/drugs/types-of-drugs/amphetamines/

2 https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2864503/

Peter Hitchens isn’t everyone’s cup of tea that’s for sure.He is However one of the few journalists worth the name we’ve got left.This subject has been his main gripe for years now and he knows his stuff.It may be from his angle but at least he’s asking questions.

His main concern though is the people who have to deal with the consequences of such substance use.

• Like 1

Guest MattP
On 02/01/2019 at 23:12, LiberalFox said:

Have you turned into some sort of anti drugs crusader? You were a bit more fun when I first joined the forum. 

No still on the fence regarding it, think we'll know more after Canada.

As for me being a bit more fun I completely disagree, either provide evidence or withdraw the accusation lol

On 03/01/2019 at 10:37, Heathrow fox said:

Peter Hitchens isn’t everyone’s cup of tea that’s for sure.He is However one of the few journalists worth the name we’ve got left.

He's very interesting, aside from drugs he's hard to predict. I like reading his stuff as you often don't actually know which position he'll come down and you can apply that to very few journalists these days.

10 minutes ago, MattP said:

No still on the fence regarding it, think we'll know more after Canada.

As for me being a bit more fun I completely disagree, either provide evidence or withdraw the accusation lol

He's very interesting, aside from drugs he's hard to predict. I like reading his stuff as you often don't actually know which position he'll come down and you can apply that to very few journalists these days.

Alright I withdraw the accusation (it's subjective anyway).

I mean I support relaxed drug laws but that doesn't mean drugs can't also be dangerous. 

Hitchens is slightly better than the average white male opinion piece writer in so far as he usually has a genuine personal take on a subject.

Guest MattP
2 hours ago, LiberalFox said:

Alright I withdraw the accusation (it's subjective anyway).

I mean I support relaxed drug laws but that doesn't mean drugs can't also be dangerous. 

Hitchens is slightly better than the average white male opinion piece writer in so far as he usually has a genuine personal take on a subject.

Thanks mate. My opinion is still on the not sure - I'm delighted though Canada has done as it has as we'll have some serious evidence. 

Is he better than the average non-white male? That's what is really important. 

• 2 months later...
On 27/06/2015 at 06:06, purpleronnie said:

Well come back in a few years and see who's right.  

It shall be I.

Well done.

Some of the posts in this thread haven't aged all that well.

8 hours ago, purpleronnie said:

what did I write?...I'm sure it was something brilliantly Shakespearean and enduring but for the moment it escapes me.

Some folks said that the influence of Daesh was somehow going to start a race war in the UK. You said that it was bollix.

Funnily enough, you were right. Apparently the UK population is too busy splitting itself down the middle over Brexit to worry about other civil wars.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...
2 minutes ago, HankMarvin said:

hmm just released from prison and under surveillance 

Does it surprise you??? It doesn’t me!!! We live in a absolutely soft soft country, i’m pretty ashamed of our laws tbf, any terrorist involvement, lock them up for life, how many more lives have got to be lost?? Least Boris might do something about it, Jeremy Corbyn would give him a house and invite him for tea and biscuits!!! Man up england 

1 minute ago, lestajigs said:

Does it surprise you??? It doesn’t me!!! We live in a absolutely soft soft country, i’m pretty ashamed of our laws tbf, any terrorist involvement, lock them up for life, how many more lives have got to be lost?? Least Boris might do something about it, Jeremy Corbyn would give him a house and invite him for tea and biscuits!!! Man up england 

gets better

only served half of sentence