Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Horse's Mouth

Pearson Sacked

Prem teams have been on end of season tours this year? All without incident. "Guaranteed" laughable

Spurs and Man City. Spurs flew to Australia played 2 games and then came home. Man City flew to America played 3 games in 4 days and came home. If our players had to play games in Thailand it would have been different and you know it. Our players were flown out to Thailand all expenses paid to be paraded about like show ponies on an end of season holiday. They were out of season and should be allowed to let loose a bit. Some (Hopper, Pearson and Smith) went too far but the rest is what happens when a tight bunch of lads are on holiday together.

No worries bredren, nothing wrong with passionately defending an opinion :thumbup:

To surmise my position, and to shamelessly borrow a phrase from you, I think as Thai businessmen who want to think globally, who saw buying an English football club like Leicester City as a way of expanding their own horizons, perhaps they themselves need to open their own minds as to the reasons why peoples from different cultures behave the way they do.

Good old English lad culture is what the whole world needs, dear lord, folk pity Brits abroad as an absolute embarassment.

Are people on here LCFC fans or Pearson fans?

Favouring a manager than our club and trying to arrange protests lol

Yes it is a shock and yes it is disappointing knowing that Nige had a vision that may get ruined with the wrong appointment BUT probably 90% on here don't know what really happens behind the scenes and will never know the true reasons behind the sacking.

Until more has been released and until the new appointment has been made I think it's unfair to be slating the owners who have done so much for this club.

Their ambitious and with spending big already this pre season I think they have plans for a big appointment, I'm sure there will be no moaning and slating owners if a big appointment is made.

Let's not be as fickle as Newcastle fans and wait to see what the owners have planned before we all go silly.

I think your 90% is about 9.99999% light......

Spurs and Man City. Spurs flew to Australia played 2 games and then came home. Man City flew to America played 3 games in 4 days and came home. If our players had to play games in Thailand it would have been different and you know it. Our players were flown out to Thailand all expenses paid to be paraded about like show ponies on an end of season holiday. They were out of season and should be allowed to let loose a bit. Some (Hopper, Pearson and Smith) went too far but the rest is what happens when a tight bunch of lads are on holiday together.

They were on a goodwill tour not and 18/30 in magaluff you plank. You clealrt think a good holiday is getting sun burnt and drinking till you fall over everynight.

Guest ttfn

There's letting loose a bit and then there's (allegedly) drinking so much on a work trip that a 30 year old man suffers alcohol poisoning and has to be flown home.

Good old English lad culture is what the whole world needs, dear lord, folk pity Brits abroad as an absolute embarassment.

Did I say that?  Can you find a post on here where I have defended the three and said that their sacking was a mistake?

They were on a goodwill tour not and 18/30 in magaluff you plank. You clealrt think a good holiday is getting sun burnt and drinking till you fall over everynight.

Actually I don't drink anymore and I've never been a "big drinker". However I've been around enough footballers of all standards to see what happens when the pressure is off and the lads get to have time together bonding outside of a football setting. I'm not condoning anything that went on because I don't know the half of it, but to blame it all on one man and sack him a week before pre-season starts after he's signed 3 players that may not be wanted by a new manager is all a bit ridiculous for me.

Did I say that? Can you find a post on here where I have defended the three and said that their sacking was a mistake?

Why would they need to understand about the British let's get smashed on holiday culture? No other countries are famed for it, we appear to take pride in it. We could learn a thing or two in behaviour from other countries.

No worries bredren, nothing wrong with passionately defending an opinion  :thumbup:

To surmise my position, and to shamelessly borrow a phrase from you, I think as Thai businessmen who want to think globally, who saw buying an English football club like Leicester City as a way of expanding their own horizons, perhaps they themselves needed to open their own minds as to the reasons why peoples from different cultures behave the way they do.

lol - I don't leave many holes in my arguments but dig deep enough and they are there - often I can fill them.  :) They are Buddhists I believe - each to their own and let karma operate on their behalf so this is a counter argument to what I suggested as you kinda point out.

However, I get around this by taking  a pragmatic view that as intelligent business people who have achieved such huge success, they are doing what they believe is right and hence can only assume they felt they had no choice for whatever reason or (wrongly iMHO) feel Pearson was not the right man and that there is greener grass out there.

Whatever is true, I firmly believe they feel they have had to make this decision in the interests of either their name, the brand or the club, all of which need to be protected if our club is to be successful. They may have got it wrong, but I think they have done it for reasons they believe are right and I don't think they would risk success for anything other than what they believe is a good reason.

Finally, maybe my way of letting off steam as i'm bloody angry at all this is not to knee jerk, or blame anyone as I don't have the evidence to assert blame, maybe I let off steam by slating those that do  :)  - which makes me no better!!! 

God I should have been a philosopher and yes I am sober right now which makes it worse.

woah - best leave you to it - looks like you have a whole new argument to resolve  :o

Hi Baggers,

Dude, I am in complete agreement with you and expressed my happiness at how the club handled the cuntish three. But that's just it, the issue was dealt with. Indeed I recall the club receiving no end of praise from the media, anti-racism, anti-sexism groups etc about how they handled it. The issue was dead and buried.

So why have the owners now suddenly taken the decision the remove the manager as well? The trip (and the end of the season) was quite a long time ago now, why have they taken so long to act? Why have they been letting the man seemingly manage transfer policy in this time? Why have they been allowing the coaching staff to obliviously prepare for pre-season training which starts next week? Why have no replacements been sounded out? If the reports are true, why wasn't Nigel given some sort of warning or suspended under investigation if he supposedly (only heard these rumours today) did lose control of the players on holiday?

To me it sounds like the owners have either decided to have a dick-measuring contest to remind those at the club who really runs it, or they have decided that the reputation of the club in Thailand is worth sacking the man solely responsible for bringing them any sort of success in England (like anybody in Thailand really gives a shit about us anyway lol )

PS won't comment on your last paragraph

"If the reports are true" lol

You mean "if what some random has just posted on Foxestalk is true", surely?

Nobody knows what's really happened except the people involved and they're all on complete media blackout. Everything else is baseless rumour. You're wasting your time getting annoyed by it. What's done is done.

Actually I don't drink anymore and I've never been a "big drinker". However I've been around enough footballers of all standards to see what happens when the pressure is off and the lads get to have time together bonding outside of a football setting. I'm not condoning anything that went on because I don't know the half of it, but to blame it all on one man and sack him a week before pre-season starts after he's signed 3 players that may not be wanted by a new manager is all a bit ridiculous for me.

You are trying to excuse all of their alleged behaviour.

"Fan Approval"..........thats pathetic. If that were the case why dont we all have one big ballot to decide the new manager?

The board need the strength of character to pick the man they feel is right for the job. Not pander to melodramatic fans.

I've not posted on here much before, but I've been a long time reader and City fan. I find it concerning that so many supporters find it odd that they should have some say in the way the football club is run - at the moment it's not like that at all - example of the sacking of Pearson - 90% would disagree with this, but the owners did it. i saw someone on here say that the fans come first, then the owners, then the manager. That obviously isn't true at this point, we're just customers, but why shouldn't the collective support of a team have input. Yes the owners put in a lot of money, but how much collectively do the supporters put in, year after year. You can call fans melodramatic - if anyone could be labelled this, it would be the owners. The majority of fans have been solid behind Nigel and the team.

You are trying to excuse all of their alleged behaviour.

What I said from the start is blaming it all on 1 man is ridiculous. They are all grown adults. He's not a babysitter. If David Nugent gets alcohol poisoning that's his fault, no one else's.

I think it's rich of the owners to say enjoy yourselves we are going on an all expenses paid trip to Thailand. Then to judge and punish retrospectively. As long as they were on their best behaviour on "official visits" what happens outside of that is not up for debate unless it goes beyond legality. (Hopper, Smith, Pearson jnr).

Also aside from the infamous 3, they are punishing Nigel for others actions which is not fair.

All this about pearson is disrespectful to the players tbh. You go on like the only reason we are in the prem is because of the manager. If you do well at work is it all down to your manager?

We'll see next year if Pearson was a poor manager holding back a good team for the majority or a good manager getting a decent finish out of a mediocre bunch.

The majority will be his players so we'll see how they adapt to a new outlook.

I've not posted on here much before, but I've been a long time reader and City fan. I find it concerning that so many supporters find it odd that they should have some say in the way the football club is run - at the moment it's not like that at all - example of the sacking of Pearson - 90% would disagree with this, but the owners did it. i saw someone on here say that the fans come first, then the owners, then the manager. That obviously isn't true at this point, we're just customers, but why shouldn't the collective support of a team have input. Yes the owners put in a lot of money, but how much collectively do the supporters put in, year after year. You can call fans melodramatic - if anyone could be labelled this, it would be the owners. The majority of fans have been solid behind Nigel and the team.

Hi mate - 

And we need to continue to get behind the players and the club as anything else is masochistic (had to look up spelling) My point has been that on balance the owners have been good for our club and served us well. They have shown enough for me to stick by them at this point whether I agree or not. But my key point is that what is done is done and like it or not it won't change. As fans we can have a huge positive or negative impact on the staff at the club, new and old and we need to put this behind us, stop asking 'why' as we'll be left craving answers we won't get and be as positive as possible going forwards to create that same atmosphere of togetherness that played a major part in our success last season.

we can't control much but we can control OUR impact and a positive one is the only one that can help towards success.

Annoyingly, it looks like they were trying to out-do the LaMangerers!....

You know something, maybe Capello is the answer. The players would despise him but at least they could go abroad without fear of controversy as they'd all be locked up in their rooms for 9pm or have to wear tags  :)

i saw someone on here say that the fans come first, then the owners, then the manager.

That was me and I stand by it. Now the emotion has dropped, perhaps it becomes a bit clearer. Without fans, there is no club. the club clearly needs to have an owner(s) putting money into it and running it. Then comes the manager. There are plenty of these around though at the moment, many on this forum believe that there is only one!

Let the dust settle and then we can debate in a clearer atmosphere.

What I said from the start is blaming it all on 1 man is ridiculous. They are all grown adults. He's not a babysitter. If David Nugent gets alcohol poisoning that's his fault, no one else's.

I think it's rich of the owners to say enjoy yourselves we are going on an all expenses paid trip to Thailand. Then to judge and punish retrospectively. As long as they were on their best behaviour on "official visits" what happens outside of that is not up for debate unless it goes beyond legality. (Hopper, Smith, Pearson jnr).

Also aside from the infamous 3, they are punishing Nigel for others actions which is not fair.

And you know this how? For all we know Nige could have done/ said anything to the board members. you are blaming folk without any evidence. They have the evidence, they acted on it.

That was me and I stand by it. Now the emotion has dropped, perhaps it becomes a bit clearer. Without fans, there is no club. the club clearly needs to have an owner(s) putting money into it and running it. Then comes the manager. There are plenty of these around though at the moment, many on this forum believe that there is only one!

Let the dust settle and then we can debate in a clearer atmosphere.

Without TV money there is no club.

"If the reports are true" lol

You mean "if what some random has just posted on Foxestalk is true", surely?

Nobody knows what's really happened except the people involved and they're all on complete media blackout. Everything else is baseless rumour. You're wasting your time getting annoyed by it. What's done is done.

Well exactly, the rumour of the Thailand trip turning into some sort of Inbetweeners 3 meets Hangover 4 meets Wolf of Wall Street 2 meets Jeremy Clarkson Meets the Neighbours involving the entire squad and Nigel is completely new to me.

Archived