Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Horse's Mouth

Pearson Sacked

Just read this in response to a poor article in the Telegraph,.,, decent insight maybe?

Having lived in Thailand for 7 years and been married to a Thai for 12, Pearson's sacking looks a lot like this was a matter of face.

Many Thais would destroy their own and their families lives rather than lose face.

Its completely inexplicable and its not an emotion Westerners can readily understand or appreciate.

James Corrigan (Writer) is clearly one of those people.

If the Thai owners felt they would have lost face in not sacking Pearson his fate was sealed as soon as the scandal concerning his son and others was known.

This would have less to do with his son but more to do with the fact that it appeared the manager couldn't control his players irrespective who their father was.

Had this incident happened outside Thailand it may have been a different story but it didn't.

I'm sure Leicester City will find a suitable replacement just as Pearson will be back in management before the season starts.

I've not posted on hear for a while but thought it'd be worthwhile sharing what I know.

As most of the media are now reporting the decision was very much not for footballing reasons. As other have pointed out Thai culture is all about culture and respect, which is something the owners had seemingly lost in Nigel

In terms of why, it's all as a result of the Thailand trip; not necessarily the video but more the behaviour of the group (staff included) as a whole. As soon as they got off the plane it was a complete free for all. Yes the video was shameful but the group as a whole acted like it was a club 18 to 30s holiday.

I'm not sure if it's been reported on hear or not but Nugent was sent home only 3 days after they arrived with alcohol poisoning. Others including staff acted inappropriately which was the final straw for the owners. Nigel has taken the blame for the way the group (including him) acted.

I've read something about this before, was it a Mirror thing or another ITK on here? Can't remember.

What a shambles all of this has been.

I love the number of arguments here which resort to 'everything will probably work out fine' in favour of any sort of meaningful historical evidence or fact. Maybe we've all been guilty of it in the past, but it does seem to have emerged as the key argument in support of the board.

And the fact that people have used the absence of further information in defence of the board, when they themselves have chosen to release none, is equally strange. All that we know for sure is that he was sacked by phone, out of the blue, after being given 10m to spend and 6 weeks of close season to spend it, and ending the season in 14th and in the best form of any side in the top flight.

In terms of solid reasons for leaping to their defence, the main one seems to be that we owe them our past, present and future success. These arguments overlook, frequently, that the owners' leadership had only ever enjoyed success when Nigel Pearson has delivered it for them. In spite of them occasionally forcing or trying to force him out of the club.

As it stands, then, there are very few concrete reasons for giving the owners the benefit of the doubt over our former manager.

Sorry but.....

whatever the argument, what do we achieve by making enemies with the very people who own our club, what do we achieve by further unsettling the players, by showing discontent bout something we don't know the facts about and we don't know the facts because they are personal to Pearson and the club. The statements made is a legally and PR written statement designed to protect both the club and Pearson. Yes we all want to know the details but an employer would be foolish to reveal those reasons in detail and they would no doubt be detrimental to Pearson to back up their reasons. Is this fair on him, it may be open to scrutiny, he may well disagree but even if it is unfair, mud will stick on him. It's just not the done thing in any walk of life.

I am not blindly supporting them. I am being pragmatic, refusing to knee jerk and have come to the conclusion that they have the interests of the club close to their hearts whether it be for their own gain or though some emotional connection. either way - it is win-win as success for them is success for us. On balance I believe they have done much more good for this club than bad. They have made mistakes but at their financial cost, they have invested heavily on and off the field. On balance I think we are damned friggin lucky to have them compared to some we may have ended up with. To me I disagree with this decision but respect them for it as they have shown me enough evidence that they mean well even if they get things wrong! If in a year or 2 there have been a succession of bad decisions and the club is going backwards, I may change my opinion but right now is far too early to condemn people that only 2 days ago most on here would have praised without a 2nd thought.

btw gods honest truth - I don't think they wanted to do this, I don't think they planned to do this, I think they know very well it is a big big risk and hence I believe that rightly or wrongly they feel they HAD to do this

Well Blue Si13 - we're gonna cut our losses, bin the club into administration and reclaw most of our outlay as creditors but hey we are well rich so it will hardly have any impact on us! Stick that in your pipe and smoke it !!!

here's a question! Do you think it is acceptable for a member of a travelling community to come around your house and smash your windows because you politely asked them not to do something minor, like not park outside your drive? Around here we have issues with travelers some of which are very nice but the view of some as to what is acceptable and ours differs hence there is often some conflict. The Thai owners have beliefs that differ from ours.In the same way I wish some of the travelling community respected what we hold sacred, I believe we should do the same with other cultures to an extent especially in their country. We are owned and heavily financed by Thai owners who make their profit from lots of people, a fair proportion of which are Thai and on a trip they paid for,  3 of our lads have gone over there and done far worse than smashed their windows. They have offended the very people who are making hem very wealthy, in their own country where the owners are held in very high esteem and have worked damned damned hard to achieve what they have achieved. Even if joking, you post shows naivity, immaturity and stupidity

Erm Bagworthblue you do realise we are talking about the sacking of NIGEL Pearson here?  Not James Pearson?

As for the Thai owners having 'beliefs that differ from ours', give me a break, as other posters have mentioned the owners are far from squeaky clean with their business dealings so making out they are sensitive little flowers whose feelings were hurt when a couple of our younger lads decided to pay for a few Thai prostitutes is stretching things to a frankly bizarre level.

I've not posted on hear for a while but thought it'd be worthwhile sharing what I know.

As most of the media are now reporting the decision was very much not for footballing reasons. As other have pointed out Thai culture is all about culture and respect, which is something the owners had seemingly lost in Nigel

In terms of why, it's all as a result of the Thailand trip; not necessarily the video but more the behaviour of the group (staff included) as a whole. As soon as they got off the plane it was a complete free for all. Yes the video was shameful but the group as a whole acted like it was a club 18 to 30s holiday.

I'm not sure if it's been reported on hear or not but Nugent was sent home only 3 days after they arrived with alcohol poisoning. Others including staff acted inappropriately which was the final straw for the owners. Nigel has taken the blame for the way the group (including him) acted.

This leads me to questioning why haven't the owners acted sooner? Why let someone sign three players whose judgment you did not like? Why put the club in turmoil?

So much culture and respect that they sacked the man that brought them so much success over the phone  lol

This leads me to questioning why haven't the owners acted sooner? Why let someone sign three players whose judgment you did not like? Why put the club in turmoil?

Maybe it was to do with persons response to the sackings. He may have been away for a few days? (Hence the delay). perhaps when they expected him to apologise for the behaviour of the squad etc in Thailand, he wouldn't. Hence the 'differences in perspective'.

Once they decided they were going to sack him, they would have taken legal advice which may have added another few days.

the players are well researched before being signed. They are right or wrong for LCFC. That's not all down to Pearson.

What will happen if our new manager is more successful with this squad than Pearson was? Clearly, many have decided what they are going to do if the opposite transpires. What about the possibility that a different man will get a better tune from this squad over a season?

the problem with this is the what if and the possibilty. We know where we stood under pearson and we knew the team wouldn't give up, as shown at the end of last season. The future was bright, the future was orange or, in our case, blue. Now there's uncertaincy, that's why everyone's worried. Will we kick on, will we dive, who knows. We all support city ,but we all thought we had something special and now we're unsure . What if we'd have carried our end of season form into next season , would we be up at the top of the table, who knows, but now it feels like we are starting again. Fvckin mobile phones want banning.

Erm Bagworthblue you do realise we are talking about the sacking of NIGEL Pearson here?  Not James Pearson?

As for the Thai owners having 'beliefs that differ from ours', give me a break, as other posters have mentioned the owners are far from squeaky clean with their business dealings so making out they are sensitive little flowers whose feelings were hurt when a couple of our younger lads decided to pay for a few Thai prostitutes is stretching things to a frankly bizarre level.

please

Call me  Baggers

Yes - it's all related

Please provide evidence of the owners far from squeaky clean business dealings. Not bill said this or Fred said that - evidence!

The Owners paid for these lads to go to their country to show off their team, to BUILD relations with their culture, a relationship that will build our brand and bring in revenue to allow our club to grow.....only for 3 members of that team on official duty, paid for by the owners to film themselves discrediting Thai women in the most obscene and racist manner. Come on - I can see from your use of language you are not dim.

You have, however, no understanding of cultural differences, of the power of belief. You seem unable or unwilling to try to see it from another perspective to your own. There are many people in this world that are prepared to die for their beliefs - i.m not - you are not but many are - open your mind!

Unfortunately too many negatives have conspired against NIGEL PEARSON - the latest one being the "STRAW THAT BROKE THE CAMELS BACK".

Who ever is the next manager it will have been well thought out by those with the "DOSH" in what is now becoming

the most entertaining league in the world.

You can't help but think the THAI'S will be glad to see the back of NIGEL.

I imagine this is why there was no media over the trip.

Is anyone going to even give the new manager a chance? or are we going to use the "we still want Pearson" stick to beat him with every week?

Its not the new mans fault that these circumstances have occured, and who knows, he may improve on what the squad did last season.

This is what's so bloody frustrating about these incidents. The FOAD fan has never made himself known, McArthur played down the incident with Pearson and this guy's only ever said good things about him.

fear innit the big bully

also we sacked him cos the lads had a fun holiday? these owners have lost the plot here Id never be employed again if these were real life rules

lol Well what an absolute sh!tstorm that trip was.

Is anyone going to even give the new manager a chance? or are we going to use the "we still want Pearson" stick to beat him with every week?

Its not the new mans fault that these circumstances have occured, and who knows, he may improve on what the squad did last season.

No chance will people give him a chance.

Remember the idiots who used to sing Chris Weale' name when we had Ricardo in goal. Or the ones who sarcastically cheered when Ben Hamer took a goal kick that stayed in.

The players are on the whole (mostly young) and rich adults. As soon as the season is over and the pressure of relegation was lifted what did the owners really expect when they fly them half way round the world and their every need and want is met and paid for? Anybody who attended the end of season awards would tell you that the players have no issue in letting their hair down and so they should!

The fact that Nigel has been hung out to dry because of the trip to Thailand and what occurred whilst out there is an absolute joke. They are all adults they are responsible for themselves and their own behaviour.

The owners are in the wrong sport if they want a show pony to parade round Thailand at the end of the season, that will never happen with footballers.

for the sake of the club WE ALL LOVE however much we disagree with each other, we MUST, MUST get over this and move on for the sake of the players, the new manager and the staff who are all trying their best to be successful which is WHAT WE WANT !!!

I am gutted but dwelling on this or creating conspiracy theories will not change what has happened but WILL build into something that can only impact our BELOVED club in a negative way.

Negativity breeds nothing but negativity. Come on chaps, we need to draw a line now, accept it and move on and get back to being the united support that played a massive part in keeping us in this division for those remaining at the club and those on their way!

I think the biggest mistake was the Thailand trip full stop.

The majority of footballers are thick morons, lets not beat about the bush.

Taking a bunch of people with money to burn on and about 1 brain cell between them on end of season trip in the first place is just asking for a disaster.

Archived