Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Horse's Mouth

Pearson Sacked

I must admit I've found the reactions of a lot of fans in the last 24 hours hilarious and it's certainly cheered me up. I was a bit alarmed at this sacking but some of you lot have done me in. Astounding. He's hardly irreplaceable is he?

Of course not.  But Neil Lennon and Steve Cotterill are favourites to replace him.

I must admit I've found the reactions of a lot of fans in the last 24 hours hilarious and it's certainly cheered me up. I was a bit alarmed at this sacking but some of you lot have done me in. Astounding. He's hardly irreplaceable is he?

Spot on. A voice of reason in amongst a sea of laughable nonsense.

Ask Swansea how they felt when Martinez left? When Sousa left? When Rodgers left?

He's a bloke who did a good job. Who might have done a bad job next season . Bit of perspective eh lads?

I think you're failing to see the gravity of the situation. Sure, he will be replaced. No-one doubts that. "Who?" is the important question. As someone pointed out, that "if" is monumental. "If my auntie had bollocks, she'd be my uncle."

Even the best man-managers around will surely find it tough to get this group of players to perform like NP did.

Let's face it, the bulk of our squad aren't exactly world class. What we had was all about spirit and attitude. It was all about energy, stamina and putting in your all for the team. Using PMA to make up for the lack of quality. NP had got the team to perform better than the sum of its parts. Exactly the same as what MON did, and what NP did the first time around.

Managers that can build a team with this sort of mentality are very few and far between. We're going to have to be incredibly lucky to find one, because otherwise, we'll be left with someone who will need to start his own project, which means starting all over again and almost certainly next stop Football League.

We had something really special going. Now it's in the balance, and I'm afraid to say the most likely outcome is not so bright.

Probably the best post I've ever read.

Spot on. A voice of reason in amongst a sea of laughable nonsense.

Ask Swansea how they felt when Martinez left? When Sousa left? When Rodgers left?

He's a bloke who did a good job. Who might have done a bad job next season . Bit of perspective eh lads?

Alternatively ask Charlton how they felt when Curbishley left. In hindsight it's easy to say those Swansea changes were for the best since they were successful. We can't say the next change is going to be successful, and indeed from history it being a failure would be a pretty safe bet.

That's why I said apparent. But it's a bit strange how pretty much every major media outlet is saying the same thing and yet the club hasn't come out to challenge any of it. Just saying...

They're all saying the same thing because they're copying last night's made up mirror article and being careful not to express anything as fact.

The club don't respond to media gossip, they've been solid on that stance for a while. I certainly don't expect any club official to come out and start denying they sacked him by phone, that would be ridiculous.

Alternatively ask Charlton how they felt when Curbishley left. In hindsight it's easy to say those Swansea changes were for the best since they were successful. We can't say the next change is going to be successful, and indeed from history it being a failure would be a pretty safe bet.

No one's saying it will be successful. Just as we can't be sure another season with Pearson would be successful. It's football. It's an imponderable. The fact remains he's gone, and other clubs have survived similar managerial changes.

I couldn't have put it better myself.

No one's saying it will be successful. Just as we can't be sure another season with Pearson would be successful. It's football. It's an imponderable. The fact remains he's gone, and other clubs have survived similar managerial changes.

And other teams haven't. While we can't say next season would have been a success with Pearson, he seemed to have got it by March and every full season we've had under him we've finished under a better position than we did the year before - betting on another successful season would have been sensible. We've got a history of making dodgy appointments, and Pearson got more than the sum of its parts out of this team, so success seems less likely, and failure more likely as a result of this change. On the face of it, this is a massive setback for the club.

They're all saying the same thing because they're copying last night's made up mirror article and being careful not to express anything as fact.

The club don't respond to media gossip, they've been solid on that stance for a while. I certainly don't expect any club official to come out and start denying they sacked him by phone, that would be ridiculous.

You know that for sure?  I summarised what the majority of the press have been reporting, you seem to be pretty damn sure on your own though.

Either way, we will all know for sure within the week I'll wager.

You know that for sure? I summarised what the majority of the press have been reporting, you seem to be pretty damn sure on your own though.

Either way, we will all know for sure within the week I'll wager.

Yeah pretty much. Go and read the article. They use quotation marks when there aren't even any quotes. They write crap to get website hits. They're a cheap tabloid, that's what they do

I love the number of arguments here which resort to 'everything will probably work out fine' in favour of any sort of meaningful historical evidence or fact. Maybe we've all been guilty of it in the past, but it does seem to have emerged as the key argument in support of the board.

And the fact that people have used the absence of further information in defence of the board, when they themselves have chosen to release none, is equally strange. All that we know for sure is that he was sacked by phone, out of the blue, after being given 10m to spend and 6 weeks of close season to spend it, and ending the season in 14th and in the best form of any side in the top flight.

In terms of solid reasons for leaping to their defence, the main one seems to be that we owe them our past, present and future success. These arguments overlook, frequently, that the owners' leadership had only ever enjoyed success when Nigel Pearson has delivered it for them. In spite of them occasionally forcing or trying to force him out of the club.

As it stands, then, there are very few concrete reasons for giving the owners the benefit of the doubt over our former manager.

Yeah pretty much. Go and read the article. They use quotation marks when there aren't even any quotes. They write crap to get website hits. They're a cheap tabloid, that's what they do

Rob Dorsett and Sky Sports News have pretty much confirmed a lot of the detail in those articles which certainly gives things a lot more credibility.  But when Nigel emerges and if he says something different i'll hold my hands up.  But that is the only story being told so far dude.

So then, what seems to be apparent so far.

1.  Pearson was totally stunned at the news and had no idea this was coming (doesn't sound like there was any sort of serious bust-up)

2.  He was fired over the phone with the club management too chicken shit to bring him in to sit down face-to-face (or headbutt-to-face as I'm sure Pearson would have soon made it)

3.  He seemingly played a full part in the summer signings and contract negotiations fully expecting to take charge at pre-season next week

4.  The club have stated that they will take their time in appointment a replacement (so in other words we have nobody else lined up)

5.  BBC reporting that the owners made this a non-footballing decision due to fears the clubs reputation IN THAILAND may have been affected by his sons actions.

Well owners, I've got two words to say to you so put this in your pipe and smoke it.

**** THAILAND! 

Yeah, I said it.

Well Blue Si13 - we're gonna cut our losses, bin the club into administration and reclaw most of our outlay as creditors but hey we are well rich so it will hardly have any impact on us! Stick that in your pipe and smoke it !!!

here's a question! Do you think it is acceptable for a member of a travelling community to come around your house and smash your windows because you politely asked them not to do something minor, like not park outside your drive? Around here we have issues with travelers some of which are very nice but the view of some as to what is acceptable and ours differs hence there is often some conflict. The Thai owners have beliefs that differ from ours.In the same way I wish some of the travelling community respected what we hold sacred, I believe we should do the same with other cultures to an extent especially in their country. We are owned and heavily financed by Thai owners who make their profit from lots of people, a fair proportion of which are Thai and on a trip they paid for,  3 of our lads have gone over there and done far worse than smashed their windows. They have offended the very people who are making hem very wealthy, in their own country where the owners are held in very high esteem and have worked damned damned hard to achieve what they have achieved. Even if joking, you post shows naivity, immaturity and stupidity

I love the number of arguments here which resort to 'everything will probably work out fine' in favour of any sort of meaningful historical evidence or fact. Maybe we've all been guilty of it in the past, but it does seem to have emerged as the key argument in support of the board.

And the fact that people have used the absence of further information in defence of the board, when they themselves have chosen to release none, is equally strange. All that we know for sure is that he was sacked by phone, out of the blue, after being given 10m to spend and 6 weeks of close season to spend it, and ending the season in 14th and in the best form of any side in the top flight.

In terms of solid reasons for leaping to their defence, the main one seems to be that we owe them our past, present and future success. These arguments overlook, frequently, that the owners' leadership had only ever enjoyed success when Nigel Pearson has delivered it for them. In spite of them occasionally forcing or trying to force him out of the club.

As it stands, then, there are very few concrete reasons for giving the owners the benefit of the doubt over our former manager.

Apart from them having had the opportunity on a couple of occasions to sack him but didn't. Oh and apart from them pumping levels of money into the squad over the last 2 years that comfortably outweigh anything seen in the clubs history. Oh and the fact they've manipulated the debt so we're not in the brown stuff.

I'd say that's a fair bit to back them up.

Jesus wept, some of you are mental. People would honestly rather see the owners withdraw their investment and leave the club financially high and dry than see Pearson go? Are we fans of Pearson or are we fans of the club? FFS. Imagine the owners selling up - just because somebody else might be able to afford the club it doesn't mean they would go pumping money into it and investing in facilities etc. Lots of rich men own some pretty sh*t football clubs. Madness, absolute madness slating the owners to this leve before anybody even really knows whats gone on. I am a Leicester City Football Club fan and I'd rather see us financially thriving than keep one man in a job.

I think it's a brave decision by the board. The assumption must be that Pearson would keep the club in the prem next season. They have sacked him and thrown the balls in the air. It seems to be that try board would rather have someone at the helm who shares their values and standards and we are relegated than stick with someone they are unhappy with on a personal level.

given the new sky contract upcoming, that's a big call. I can't think there are many owners who would have such principles.

Of course, if they have someone 'special' lined up then this is irrelevant but the feeling is that they haven't.

So then, what seems to be apparent so far.

1.  Pearson was totally stunned at the news and had no idea this was coming (doesn't sound like there was any sort of serious bust-up)

2.  He was fired over the phone with the club management too chicken shit to bring him in to sit down face-to-face (or headbutt-to-face as I'm sure Pearson would have soon made it)

3.  He seemingly played a full part in the summer signings and contract negotiations fully expecting to take charge at pre-season next week

4.  The club have stated that they will take their time in appointment a replacement (so in other words we have nobody else lined up)

5.  BBC reporting that the owners made this a non-footballing decision due to fears the clubs reputation IN THAILAND may have been affected by his sons actions.

Well owners, I've got two words to say to you so put this in your pipe and smoke it.

**** THAILAND! 

Yeah, I said it.

I think your getting a little carried away like Zayn leaving one direction. Don't believe all that you read or speculate. Get yourself over to Thailand i'm sure they will welcome you.

I don't think you build up their empire by being 'chicken'

He didn't see it coming? The bookies and those placing bets did, where's the guy been?

Hardly going to say we have a replacement no teams do

First team coaches don't usually negotiate contracts

.......and the **** Thailand childish comment .....enough said

Yeh I agree, these guys gave Sven a job ffs. Their success and reputation as football businessmen has been built entirely on NP. They simply got lucky. They've overestimated their role in all this and think that by simply changing the manager the progress will continue. There's massive pressure on whoever gets the role even to replicate NP's success, never mind surpass it, particularly when 99% of these players are NP's. I hope they prove us wrong but history would indicate we're right to be sceptical.

Jesus wept, some of you are mental. People would honestly rather see the owners withdraw their investment and leave the club financially high and dry than see Pearson go? Are we fans of Pearson or are we fans of the club? FFS. Imagine the owners selling up - just because somebody else might be able to afford the club it doesn't mean they would go pumping money into it and investing in facilities etc. Lots of rich men own some pretty sh*t football clubs. Madness, absolute madness slating the owners to this leve before anybody even really knows whats gone on. I am a Leicester City Football Club fan and I'd rather see us financially thriving than keep one man in a job.

i know it's like some people have to take a side!! they know 80% of the story but not the crucial detail to apportion blame. Sometimes there is no blame. Sometimes events conspire to split relationships. often both parties are to blame to an extent or even external issues beyond their control. 

I am gutted he left! gutted but I don't know enough to blame anyone. I don't know if the reasons for his sacking are justified. I do know that what is done is done and we have to accept it and get right behind everyone remaining at the club because the biggest contributing factor to us staying up was the absolutely incredible backing the players got from the stands and the great spirit within the squad.!!

As fans we need to keep backing the players, staff and club  from the sidelines - we control that at least!! and we need to do anything we can to play our part in not destroying the team sprit any more than it has been. This means, accept it, move on and back everyone at the club, those there today and those that will come to try to be a success tomorrow!!

I've not posted on hear for a while but thought it'd be worthwhile sharing what I know.

As most of the media are now reporting the decision was very much not for footballing reasons. As other have pointed out Thai culture is all about culture and respect, which is something the owners had seemingly lost in Nigel

In terms of why, it's all as a result of the Thailand trip; not necessarily the video but more the behaviour of the group (staff included) as a whole. As soon as they got off the plane it was a complete free for all. Yes the video was shameful but the group as a whole acted like it was a club 18 to 30s holiday.

I'm not sure if it's been reported on hear or not but Nugent was sent home only 3 days after they arrived with alcohol poisoning. Others including staff acted inappropriately which was the final straw for the owners. Nigel has taken the blame for the way the group (including him) acted.

What will happen if our new manager is more successful with this squad than Pearson was? Clearly, many have decided what they are going to do if the opposite transpires. What about the possibility that a different man will get a better tune from this squad over a season?

But they've now put this 'financial thriving' at massive risk. The only way they're going to get that is to maintain a team that can compete and above all entertain. We've all seen over the years that the right manager in the right role is like finding hen's teeth. We had it with NP. We've now not got that and instead we're being linked with names that any of us with a semblance of football knowledge know will end up going the 'Holloway.' Lambert?? Cotterill?? Jesus Fkin Christ on bike.

Archived