Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Horse's Mouth

Pearson Sacked

Well Man Utd, Chelsea, City, Spurs, Arsenal et etc all manage to visit other countries act admirably do the honourable thing and return home without incident for many a year. Show some restraint, your on a goodwill tour for a few days go crazy when in Vegas or Ibiza with your mates...

Yeah for pre-season where it's a build up to the start of the season with training sessions, open training sessions and arranged friendlies plus travelling to various different parts of said country.

Guaranteed if it was an end of season trip to Bangkok, it would play out a lot differently. As would our players if they were in pre-season mode. The owners say it's holiday but clearly not if this is the consequences.

"Fan Approval"..........thats pathetic. If that were the case why dont we all have one big ballot to decide the new manager?

The board need the strength of character to pick the man they feel is right for the job. Not pander to melodramatic fans.

I agree. Those standards are what the board should be judged on. The trouble is they've hopelessly failed to meet those standards in getting rid of a manager we already knew was up to the task. Cue justified outrage.

West Ham fans driving out Allardyce was ridiculous. Same thing at Newcastle. He has a top flight record and a good one, and is exactly what we want in terms of solidiifying a group of players, the sports science focus he brings, about bringing with him a pragmatic style that achieves results.

West Ham tailed off when it was obvious that he wasnt going to be there next season, but moaning about the style of play? We have watched some utter crap under Pearson too, and would do under any manager. Thats just how the game goes.

What would be wrong with Dyche? who knows, he could do a great job. Youd write a man off that is clearly a talented football manager on the basis that he played the we have no money card last season and has a gravelly voice?

My point is exactly that about West Ham, manager hounded out which could happen here creating a negativity which causes an issue. It's no slight on Big Sam's abilities as I believe he's the best prospect for the job.

Dyche just won't go down well with our fanbase. Therefore negativity reigns manager hounded out. He would take over a squad he's constantly had a dig at. This is the guy happy to spend a couple of million on Juxebox and Sordell as Premier League strikers. Therefore fans dislike and we have the makings of a poor season.

still not evidence but I think we are kinda in agreement anyway and at least you provided an article to add credibility. my anger was at the blatantly naive and immature comment of another poster but I think he was innocently just trying to wind people up so i'm cool now!

I read lots on this situation and quotes at the time long before they came here. I don't think anyone has got rich entirely legally other than a lottery win.

I haven't got poor entirely legally!

What matters is what they have done and are doing for us, In the words of George Micheal Careless whisper You’ve got to have faith

Guest Cujek

The Thai people will flock to buy shirts of the well behaved, highly respectful, teetotal Championship side.

Careful, dont disrespect their honor

I've read some complete shit today, but this ranks right up there.

Eh, the season starts in six and a half weeks. If we've not got anyone in place by the end of next week then we've got 4 weeks and no manager, no pre-season set up, and a squad that doesn't know if it's coming or going.

What would be wrong with Dyche? who knows, he could do a great job. Youd write a man off that is clearly a talented football manager on the basis that he played the we have no money card last season and has a gravelly voice?

He's an arrogant willy puller who repeatedly slags the players and board off (indirectly) in press conferences and believes his own hype, as well as being an average manager (burnleys success came from players bought in by Howe) and a failure in the transfer market (3m for Boyd. 3 ****ing million for George Boyd).

I can imagine a scenario where for some metaphysical reason np got sacked. ..

Or a scenario where np used his charm to register his annoyance at the owners sackng the Bangkok three

Truth is that np is gaff prone in a media otientsted world thst would be a problem... if he wasnt fired now it would be at the nect gaff or the next.... they come every three months

I hoped he would hold it together for one or two more seasons... stability would be good.... but it wasn't to be... and at some point we would have to find a successor. ... hopefully to take us forward rather than back. It is a roll of the dice that i was hoping to put off.

If it is that the owners and np fidnt agree on a tough stance agaibst the bangkok three... then they would have to let him go. This would be better than him sucking it up (cant imagine that)... but such a stance is more important than results. .. that's when having principles is hard.

Hi Baggers,

Dude, I am in complete agreement with you and expressed my happiness at how the club handled the cuntish three.  But that's just it, the issue was dealt with.  Indeed I recall the club receiving no end of praise from the media, anti-racism, anti-sexism groups etc about how they handled it.  The issue was dead and buried.

So why have the owners now suddenly taken the decision the remove the manager as well?  The trip (and the end of the season) was quite a long time ago now, why have they taken so long to act?  Why have they been letting the man seemingly manage transfer policy in this time?  Why have they been allowing the coaching staff to obliviously prepare for pre-season training which starts next week?  Why have no replacements been sounded out?  If the reports are true, why wasn't Nigel given some sort of warning or suspended under investigation if he supposedly (only heard these rumours today) did lose control of the players on holiday?

To me it sounds like the owners have either decided to have a dick-measuring contest to remind those at the club who really runs it, or they have decided that the reputation of the club in Thailand is worth sacking the man solely responsible for bringing them any sort of success in England (like anybody in Thailand really gives a shit about us anyway  lol )

PS won't comment on your last paragraph

Hi mate

I just want to say I am gutted at what has happened. I too want to get to the bottom of this and ask them why the bloody hell they have done this! I suppose similar inexplicable events have happened so often in my life, things that I could just not understand and strange decisions that have left me questioning why? Why? In all my life I've never really been given an answer, not by those concerned but I've had to accept that they are not bad people but they have a different way of thinking to me. 

Often, years later I have worked out 'why' for myself, not by dwelling but an experience has happened that reminded me of the incident and all has become clear. Anyhow I'm waffling - the point is, I never got told why? and I never moved on until I stopped asking why.

I have huge respect for the owners and what they have done. I believe they mean well. I don't believe they wanted to sack him. I don't know why they sacked him so long after the event (possibly using him to lever the deal with the fella from Japan which isn't very nice really) but I don't know this and for now I don't have sufficient reason to blame them but more reason to give them the benefit of the doubt

Finally, we need to move on, stop asking 'why' as we may get more info but will never know for sure and get behind the club, players and the new guy as this is the only way we will keep the spirit high and succeed.

anyway - sorry for calling you stupid, you are not - I just took offence to that post which I think was a bit of a wind up anyway  :)

He's an arrogant willy puller who repeatedly slags the players and board off (indirectly) in press conferences and believes his own hype, as well as being an average manager (burnleys success came from players bought in by Howe) and a failure in the transfer market (3m for Boyd. 3 ****ing million for George Boyd).

Thats just your personal conjecture. Some peoples opinion might be that Pearson was arrogant. Lets be fair, he a lot of the time he was.

Clarify what you mean by "believing his own hype" when talking about Dyche please.

I think youre letting the fact that he has criticised us in the past cloud your judgement. IM NOT SAYING HE SHOULD BE THE NEXT LEICESTER MANAGER. But im saying that we shouldnt be binning off what could be excellent managerial candidates on prejudices we have from limited exposure. We dont know what the Burnley fans thought of him, the players that were "criticised" under him how they felt playing for him, his approach behind the scenes, or anything.

Thats just your personal conjecture. Some peoples opinion might be that Pearson was arrogant. Lets be fair, he a lot of the time he was.

Clarify what you mean by "believing his own hype" when talking about Dyche please.

I think youre letting the fact that he has criticised us in the past cloud your judgement. IM NOT SAYING HE SHOULD BE THE NEXT LEICESTER MANAGER. But im saying that we shouldnt be binning off what could be excellent managerial candidates on prejudices we have from limited exposure. We dont know what the Burnley fans thought of him, the players that were "criticised" under him how they felt playing for him, his approach behind the scenes, or anything.

Simple, his press conferences were subtexted with "the board are cheapskates and the players not as good as our oppositon, every good thing is down to me". 

Why?

Do you think the decision was justified last time because Paulo Sousa came in?

Why have we still got an obsession with 'big names'? Do people just have really bad memories?

This! Who can forget the (thankfully) short lived disastrous era that followed Pearson's departure last time five years ago? Sousa's time with us was one of tactical ineptitude to say the least and no know how whatsoever about the team he had inherited from Pearson. Sven was unlucky and I think we were going places with him (on the contrary to most people's thoughts on here still I dare say) but then the Thai's thought they knew best back then too.

Yeah for pre-season where it's a build up to the start of the season with training sessions, open training sessions and arranged friendlies plus travelling to various different parts of said country.

Guaranteed if it was an end of season trip to Bangkok, it would play out a lot differently. As would our players if they were in pre-season mode. The owners say it's holiday but clearly not if this is the consequences.

Prem teams have been on end of season tours this year? All without incident. "Guaranteed" laughable

Thai people are so bothered about honour and respect that the country is crawling with drugs, ladyboys and brasses.

As is every city in the world. You clearly don't think before you post do you.

Thai people are so bothered about honour and respect that the country is crawling with drugs, ladyboys and brasses.

There are a lot of ladyboys but they are fairly obvious and its a more to do with their genes, it doesn't make them bad people as being gay here doesn't.

Being caught with drugs at an airport is punishable by death and I've certainly not seen any.

The prostitutes are fairy obvious in certain areas but hardly crawling.

Bound to be different standards and some things are more important in one country than another. Age of consent is 14 in Germany...here thats = Paedo.

Don't fall into the ignorant trap

Simple, his press conferences were subtexted with "the board are cheapskates and the players not as good as our oppositon, every good thing is down to me". 

He was just playing the siege mentality. I didnt personally think he was trying to raise his own profile by doing that, but each to their own.

Hi mate

I just want to say I am gutted at what has happened. I too want to get to the bottom of this and ask them why the bloody hell they have done this! I suppose similar inexplicable events have happened so often in my life, things that I could just not understand and strange decisions that have left me questioning why? Why? In all my life I've never really been given an answer, not by those concerned but I've had to accept that they are not bad people but they have a different way of thinking to me. 

Often, years later I have worked out 'why' for myself, not by dwelling but an experience has happened that reminded me of the incident and all has become clear. Anyhow I'm waffling - the point is, I never got told why? and I never moved on until I stopped asking why.

I have huge respect for the owners and what they have done. I believe they mean well. I don't believe they wanted to sack him. I don't know why they sacked him so long after the event (possibly using him to lever the deal with the fella from Japan which isn't very nice really) but I don't know this and for now I don't have sufficient reason to blame them but more reason to give them the benefit of the doubt

Finally, we need to move on, stop asking 'why' as we may get more info but will never know for sure and get behind the club, players and the new guy as this is the only way we will keep the spirit high and succeed.

anyway - sorry for calling you stupid, you are not - I just took offence to that post which I think was a bit of a wind up anyway  :)

No worries bredren, nothing wrong with passionately defending an opinion  :thumbup:

To surmise my position, and to shamelessly borrow a phrase from you, I think as Thai businessmen who want to think globally, who saw buying an English football club like Leicester City as a way of expanding their own horizons, perhaps they themselves needed to open their own minds as to the reasons why peoples from different cultures behave the way they do.

Are people on here LCFC fans or Pearson fans?

Favouring a manager than our club and trying to arrange protests lol

Yes it is a shock and yes it is disappointing knowing that Nige had a vision that may get ruined with the wrong appointment BUT probably 90% on here don't know what really happens behind the scenes and will never know the true reasons behind the sacking.

Until more has been released and until the new appointment has been made I think it's unfair to be slating the owners who have done so much for this club.

Their ambitious and with spending big already this pre season I think they have plans for a big appointment, I'm sure there will be no moaning and slating owners if a big appointment is made.

Let's not be as fickle as Newcastle fans and wait to see what the owners have planned before we all go silly.

Archived