Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Horse's Mouth

Pearson Sacked

All the press are doing is speculating, and some of it unfounded. The owners are highly religious bollox. It specifically had to do with his son. ALL speculation. Not one of them I'd counter have the scoop. It'll come out in the wash eventually, but at the minute they are filling column inches with the same stories they posted/published over the last two seasons, but compiling them, and making assumptions.

If the owners wanted rid of Pearson for footballing reasons and didn't get on with him, then they sure as hell made a strange decision not to sack him in December and then backed him in the transfer window. Weirdly enough even after various incidents, publicly they were all hugs, smiles, thumbs up as we fought our way back from the obscurity that would send us back down to the CCC.

I then don't understand two weeks later sacking his son for gross misconduct they sack him for not seeing eye to eye with the club's perspective or point of view. Surely after the incident came to light they would have been in contact with Pearson, and probably throughout. I seriously doubt the line that Pearson wanted to defend his son and not see him sacked. The evidence is irrefutable, Pearson's stubborn, but not stupid.

Something doesn't feel right. There's more to this than is publicly known.

The rumour that Pearson will contest his sacking for wrongful dismissal is that a rumour. If it does go to court then it'll all come out, but if it's a nonsense rumour we won't know for years to come.

The fact is, I'm pissed off like many fans, but the reality is that we will have a new manager, and god forbid it's the multitude of tits or knobs that have been linked. It's up to the owners to really consider this properly and actually learn from their relatively short time in football ownership and choose a manager that actually has the right attributes to not only build upon the foundation that Pearson has built but to improve it further.

I know that's all the obvious, but I don't buy the media line currently.

All the press are doing is speculating, and some of it unfounded. The owners are highly religious bollox. It specifically had to do with his son. ALL speculation. Not one of them I'd counter have the scoop. It'll come out in the wash eventually, but at the minute they are filling column inches with the same stories they posted/published over the last two seasons, but compiling them, and making assumptions.

If the owners wanted rid of Pearson for footballing reasons and didn't get on with him, then they sure as hell made a strange decision not to sack him in December and then backed him in the transfer window. Weirdly enough even after various incidents, publicly they were all hugs, smiles, thumbs up as we fought our way back from the obscurity that would send us back down to the CCC.

I then don't understand two weeks later sacking his son for gross misconduct they sack him for not seeing eye to eye with the club's perspective or point of view. Surely after the incident came to light they would have been in contact with Pearson, and probably throughout. I seriously doubt the line that Pearson wanted to defend his son and not see him sacked. The evidence is irrefutable, Pearson's stubborn, but not stupid.

Something doesn't feel right. There's more to this than is publicly known.

The rumour that Pearson will contest his sacking for wrongful dismissal is that a rumour. If it does go to court then it'll all come out, but if it's a nonsense rumour we won't know for years to come.

The fact is, I'm pissed off like many fans, but the reality is that we will have a new manager, and god forbid it's the multitude of tits or knobs that have been linked. It's up to the owners to really consider this properly and actually learn from their relatively short time in football ownership and choose a manager that actually has the right attributes to not only build upon the foundation that Pearson has built but to improve it further.

I know that's all the obvious, but I don't buy the media line currently.

Superb post

Something's changed over the last few days. You don't give Pearson £10m and sack him the next day. I suspect some Thai based sponsors have turned the screw(no pun intended) and don't want any seedy connections with the club. Pearson is part of the collateral damage.

Why do people expect a full reason for the sacking from the club?

For all you know Pearson could have be coked up, fcuking the shit out the club receptionist on Top's desk. If that was the case, he prob wouldn't want it out in the public domain either.

It will stay internal, just get on with it.

The fact Pearson is considering legal action i'm guessing he's not too bothered about it coming out in the public domain.

Why do people expect a full reason for the sacking from the club?

For all you know Pearson could have be coked up, fcuking the shit out the club receptionist on Top's desk. If that was the case, he prob wouldn't want it out in the public domain either.

It will stay internal, just get on with it.

This.

Much of the anger towards the owners is the same as the anger the Cardiff supporters showed Vincent Tan when he sacked Malkay Mackay for at the time 'no good reason'. We now know it was fully justified.

I'm not saying NP is the same sort of character as Mackay and may be guilty of similar things, but we know from when he left the first time that he can fall out with members of the board and given that someone had already sacked him once, you have to think that he was on his last chance.

It doesnt really matter how good a manager he was for us, if the board got to the point that they just couldnt work with him anymore (its not that hard to believe that he'd be difficult to work with), this is the only solution.

Not sure if anyone has brought this up on this thread but it's been suggested that he was reinstated in February purely for financial reasons.

Is it possible that there was a clause in his contract meaning that sacking him now would have been much cheaper for the owners than doing it any earlier?

Spending £10m on players the next manager might not want isn't exactly thrifty.

I've had enough about hearing about Southampton. We aren't going to replicate the success of their maangerial changes. Southampton is set up completely differently as a club. Director of football Les Reed is the big cheese there, he controls all the scouting and technical staff for all their teams, from youth to senior level. When they lose a manager, they don't lose their scouts. On top of that, they don't just scout players. They scout managers. All the time. They are constantly keeping track of managers that they deem to be a good fit for their style. This is why they knew about Pochettino when they ditched Adkins, because they'd being keeping tabs on him for a while. Likewise, when Poch left to go to Spurs, they pick up Koeman, who, lo and behold, is a perfect fit for their playing style.

Our director of football is Jon Rudkin, who's only been in the job for a few months after being promoted out the academy. Before that, we had Terry Robinson parachuted in, not to implement a playing style or coaching structure, but rather he was brought in to pinch pennies and cut costs. Our scouts are affiliated with Pearson and his key staff, not with Rudkin. Now that Rudkin has the job, he could implement a Southampton style structure, since he already has control over the academy teams. It will take some rebuilding however. Also, look at the names we've been linked with, their all over the place in terms of style and profile. It completely smacks of the club scrambling round desperately for whatever they can get, not a cohesive plan to pick up a new manager that will mesh well with our squad and playing style.

Guest MattP

This.

Much of the anger towards the owners is the same as the anger the Cardiff supporters showed Vincent Tan when he sacked Malkay Mackay for at the time 'no good reason'. We now know it was fully justified.

I'm not saying NP is the same sort of character as Mackay and may be guilty of similar things, but we know from when he left the first time that he can fall out with members of the board and given that someone had already sacked him once, you have to think that he was on his last chance.

It doesnt really matter how good a manager he was for us, if the board got to the point that they just couldnt work with him anymore (its not that hard to believe that he'd be difficult to work with), this is the only solution.

Given it took Tan about 9 months to bring those e-mails out he didn't consider it such a sackable offence when they were on their way to promotion.

So then, what seems to be apparent so far.

1.  Pearson was totally stunned at the news and had no idea this was coming (doesn't sound like there was any sort of serious bust-up)

2.  He was fired over the phone with the club management too chicken shit to bring him in to sit down face-to-face (or headbutt-to-face as I'm sure Pearson would have soon made it)

3.  He seemingly played a full part in the summer signings and contract negotiations fully expecting to take charge at pre-season next week

4.  The club have stated that they will take their time in appointment a replacement (so in other words we have nobody else lined up)

5.  BBC reporting that the owners made this a non-footballing decision due to fears the clubs reputation IN THAILAND may have been affected by his sons actions.

Well owners, I've got two words to say to you so put this in your pipe and smoke it.

**** THAILAND! 

Yeah, I said it.

1. Pearson was totally stunned at the news and had no idea this was coming (doesn't sound like there was any sort of serious bust-up)

2. He was fired over the phone with the club management too chicken shit to bring him in to sit down face-to-face (or headbutt-to-face as I'm sure Pearson would have soon made it)

3. He seemingly played a full part in the summer signings and contract negotiations fully expecting to take charge at pre-season next week

4. The club have stated that they will take their time in appointment a replacement (so in other words we have nobody else lined up)

5. BBC reporting that the owners made this a non-footballing decision due to fears the clubs reputation IN THAILAND may have been affected by his sons actions.

Well owners, I've got two words to say to you so put this in your pipe and smoke it.

**** THAILAND!

Yeah, I said it.

Great summary. He wouldn't have been so suprised by it if he'd have had a bust up about his son with the owners

1.  Pearson was totally stunned at the news and had no idea this was coming (doesn't sound like there was any sort of serious bust-up)

2.  He was fired over the phone with the club management too chicken shit to bring him in to sit down face-to-face (or headbutt-to-face as I'm sure Pearson would have soon made it)

3.  He seemingly played a full part in the summer signings and contract negotiations fully expecting to take charge at pre-season next week

4.  The club have stated that they will take their time in appointment a replacement (so in other words we have nobody else lined up)

5.  BBC reporting that the owners made this a non-footballing decision due to fears the clubs reputation IN THAILAND may have been affected by his sons actions.

**** THAILAND! 

Yeah, I said it.

3c09d14adcdd6626599b630020298af374a0fd83

Great summary. He wouldn't have been so suprised by it if he'd have had a bust up about his son with the owners

nobody knows he was surprised, he hasn't said anything, typical media billshít. it's a garbage summary.

nobody knows he was surprised, he hasn't said anything, typical media billshít. it's a garbage summary.

I'm not 100% sure but the way I understand it is he was interviewed on SSN/A reporter and has been quoted.

Like I say i'm not 100% sure and not really been bothered to check anything yet as i've been at work all day and there is too much to read with all the threads are news articles as it is.

Best manager since MON but will be replaced . People really do make a mountain out of a mole hill all the pro oearson will no doubt forget about him if new manager sees us to 10th or above ... Everyone will be sucking him off saying it was the right decision then

I think you're failing to see the gravity of the situation. Sure, he will be replaced. No-one doubts that. "Who?" is the important question. As someone pointed out, that "if" is monumental. "If my auntie had bollocks, she'd be my uncle."

Even the best man-managers around will surely find it tough to get this group of players to perform like NP did.

Let's face it, the bulk of our squad aren't exactly world class. What we had was all about spirit and attitude. It was all about energy, stamina and putting in your all for the team. Using PMA to make up for the lack of quality. NP had got the team to perform better than the sum of its parts. Exactly the same as what MON did, and what NP did the first time around.

Managers that can build a team with this sort of mentality are very few and far between. We're going to have to be incredibly lucky to find one, because otherwise, we'll be left with someone who will need to start his own project, which means starting all over again and almost certainly next stop Football League.

We had something really special going. Now it's in the balance, and I'm afraid to say the most likely outcome is not so bright.

1. Pearson was totally stunned at the news and had no idea this was coming (doesn't sound like there was any sort of serious bust-up)

2. He was fired over the phone with the club management too chicken shit to bring him in to sit down face-to-face (or headbutt-to-face as I'm sure Pearson would have soon made it)

3. He seemingly played a full part in the summer signings and contract negotiations fully expecting to take charge at pre-season next week

4. The club have stated that they will take their time in appointment a replacement (so in other words we have nobody else lined up)

5. BBC reporting that the owners made this a non-footballing decision due to fears the clubs reputation IN THAILAND may have been affected by his sons actions.

**** THAILAND!

Yeah, I said it.

Literally every bit of that is baseless media speculation.

I must admit I've found the reactions of a lot of fans in the last 24 hours hilarious and it's certainly cheered me up. I was a bit alarmed at this sacking but some of you lot have done me in. Astounding. He's hardly irreplaceable is he?

Literally every bit of that is baseless media speculation.

That's why I said apparent.  But it's a bit strange how pretty much every major media outlet is saying the same thing and yet the club hasn't come out to challenge any of it.  Just saying...

Archived