Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Horse's Mouth

Pearson Sacked

Guest Cujek

Plenty of hookers, or "sluts" in your words in Leicester too, of course. There is nothing in the rule book that says you must degrade and racially abuse the locals to the limits of their endurance when you go abroad. The three lads should have had the common decency to show a bit of respect for the owners while being put up in an upmarket hotel on a paid for club celebration and resumed whatever weird bisexuality fantasies they wanted once they were back home in the privacy of their own homes.

Why does where they are in the world matter?

If they had done it in leicester,are you saying they would have been forgiven and not been sacked? They would have still been paying for it with wages earnt from the club, presumably in a place of residence or a hotel paid for with money they earnt from the club.

I am not trying to defend them, i think what they did was dumb, but the owners must make millions from people from all around the world doing the same thing these silly boys did, im sure they dont feel their honour has been slighted when they are looking at their bank account.

People are really making to much of the 'honourable Thai' bullshit.

I used to work in a large sales team. If the owner of the company sent us and our management on an all expense paid trip anywhere for hitting our targrts and we turned up, 'ladded' it up, made a sex tape with a load of prostitutes which somehow got leaked and everyone knew which company we worked for, we'd get fired and so would the management.

Brand awareness is important whether you like it or not, not just for King Power but for LCFC too. Football is so much more than 11 blokes vs 11 blokes at Saturday at 3pm whether we like it or not.

If querty is to be believed, more is going to come out in the next few days (Stringer has also tweeted the Club have given him some answers), so we'll all hopefully have a fuller picture.

Why does where they are in the world matter?

If they had done it in leicester,are you saying they would have been forgiven and not been sacked? They would have still been paying for it with wages earnt from the club, presumably in a place of residence or a hotel paid for with money they earnt from the club.

I am not trying to defend them, i think what they did was dumb, but the owners must make millions from people from all around the world doing the same thing these silly boys did, im sure they dont feel their honour has been slighted when they are looking at their bank account.

They own duty free complexes and shopping centres. Most of their sales are domestic or come from Asian businessmen travelling through the airport. So I doubt they make their millions out of the odd racist misogynist like Tom Hopper.

I don't think it matters where it happened, racism is racism. I was just responding to your vague implication that Thailand is somehow unique in having prostitutes and that therefore the behaviour can be excused. It's about as far from unique as you can get so does nothing to excuse it.

Where was that video made?

Doubt it's local (Sheffield, where he lives I've heard), as I can imagine he wants have a break from the local press.

I remember the Pearson family usually taking some time off for holidays somewhere near Shrewsbury, close to the Welsh border.

The incident involved Nigel Pearsons son which means there is a direct conflict of interest and Nigel should have removed himself from any decision making.

If the article in the Mirror is correct then he left the owners no choice.

They have provided a reason to the fans in their statement.

The situation seems clear enough to me.

I am full of praise for what Nigel has done for the team and I've always backed him. Sad to see him leave.

The owners have been exceptional and I have every faith they will continue to take us forward.

Well said, and spot on.

As fans that pay a lot of money to see Leicester play, we really need an explanation as to why this has happened. Even if we get Klopp, I still won't be satisfied with the sacking. I would put Pearson up there as one of my favourite people ever associated with Leicester, and it too be horrible seeing him manage another club.

If it's because of the ambitions of the owners, and Pearson thinks they're unrealistic then they are out of order for sacking him. If it's because Guus Hiddink resigned and their eyes lit up then they are out of order for sacking him. If it'd because they wanted some control over team selection and Pearson wasn't having it then they are out of order for sacking him. If it's because they wanted to spend huge and stupid amounts of money and Pearson disagreed with this method of moving forward then they are again out of order for sacking him. This is why as fans it is vital for us to know the reason for his sacking, because as it stands I feel the wonders are in the wrong here.

Always remember, the Club is bigger than the individual, no matter who that individual is.

Always remember, the Club is bigger than the individual, no matter who that individual is.

Including the owners?

Don't know if this has been posted as there far too many Pearson topics but.....

Sacked Leicester boss Nigel Pearson is a decent guy but paid the price of his son's sins

Pearson was given the boot by the Foxes following an incident which also saw his son James sacked - but Neil Moxley says the balance needs to be redressed

Jamie McDonaldTottenham-Hotspur-v-Leicester-City-Premi
Good guy: Pearson has often been wrongly portrayed

The bloke shuffling towards a group of men on Edmund Street, Birmingham, was clearly down on his luck, writes Neil Moxley in the Sunday People.

Unkempt, he approached them tentatively as they stood outside one of the city’s most salubrious hotels.

“Can you spare us any change please?” came a plea which is sadly all too familiar these days.

One of the throng stepped forward and reached into his back pocket for his wallet.

“If I give you some money, will you promise me that you will get a decent meal and try to put a roof over your head for a couple of nights,” came the reply.

One nod later and the request was granted.

BPIPAY-Jamie-Vardy.jpg
Popular: The much-liked boss helped secure Leicester's Premier League safety

Nigel Pearson handed over two £50 notes and, after cutting short the ­recipient’s thanks, Leicester City’s boss rejoined the guests with whom he was enjoying an extended lunch.

We start with that anecdote this week – one witnessed by my own eyes – to redress the balance in the 51-year-old’s favour after his sacking this week.

Forget the ramblings about ­ostriches, the bizarre grappling with Crystal Palace’s James McArthur, and the sometimes brusque media manner.

Nigel Pearson is, in essence, a ­decent man. And one this week who has paid the ultimate price for the sins of his son.

Getty / Sunday MirrorNigel-Pearson-James-Pearson-Leicester-Ci
Sins: Pearson's son James was involved in an orgy with 10 Thai girls

Here was a guy who was just ­beginning to enjoy the fruits of a lengthy rise to the top of football management.

Pearson had waited a long time to prove himself after working hard as a No.2 to a variety of bosses for over a decade.

After keeping the Foxes in the Premier League last term with a storming finish to the campaign and a couple of decent signings so far this summer, the stage looked well set.

Yet Pearson found out the hard way that those working within football are not operating in a moral vacuum.

To recap, Pearson’s son James was filmed in a room with two team-mates, Tom Hopper and Adam Smith, in an orgy with 10 Thai girls. What turned a sordid affair into a far darker one was the racist abuse by Hopper which ­accompanied the sex.

In pictures - Leicester players' shame in Thailand:

VIEW GALLERYLeicester.jpg

And this was supposed to be a ‘goodwill’ tour with Leicester City’s staff guests in the country of their owners...

The club’s statement explaining Pearson’s exit on Tuesday claimed ‘fundamental differences in ­perspective exist between us.’

That raised more questions than it answered.

The issue that caused the split was the one that took place in Thailand. Of that there is no doubt.

But was Pearson’s exit the inevitable outcome?

GettyLeicester-City-v-Newcastle-United.jpg
Positive: Pearson had turned Leicester's season in its head

No. Not if he had taken immediate action. He could have made an ­unreserved apology to his owners for any embarrassment caused.

He could have denounced what went on in no uncertain terms.

It is my understanding that no such apology has been forthcoming. Certainly one has not been aired for public consumption.

If Pearson has refused to take a step back and see that remorse was ­appropriate, what else did he expect?

Action ImagesLeicester-City-manager-Nigel-Pearson-wit
Out: Leicester owner Vichai Srivaddhanaprabha wanted change

That is what is at the very heart of this sorry episode.

Make no mistake, the whole ­incident cast Leicester City Football Club in a poor light. They had to be seen to act.

Forgive the obvious ostrich pun but the club burying its head in the sand was not a viable option.

Imagine the first press conference ahead of the new season. Believe me, the subject would have been dragged up at the first opportunity.

And, as anyone who has done ­business in the Far East will tell you, saving face is the No.1 priority.

In Thailand, this sordid episode would have gone down like a lead balloon tied to lead weight.

Leicester City are not alone in ­having obligations to the wider ­community. Every football club has them.

This piece isn’t a moral lecture. But the reality is that once what took place in that hotel room became public, the clock was ticking.

Why Pearson refused to ­acknowledge and understand that is a question to which only he knows the answer.

The Mirror wanna make their minds up to which side their bread is buttered, one minute slagging Pearson off, one minute making out he's a really nice bloke.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/sacked-leicester-boss-nigel-pearson-6008464

Happened with the Telegraph too. One journo saying he was a top bloke and manager and we will regret sacking him and the other saying he was a nasty, arrogant bully that we are well shot of.

Seems its not just the fans that are split on the guy.

Happened with the Telegraph too. One journo saying he was a top bloke and manager and we will regret sacking him and the other saying he was a nasty, arrogant bully that we are well shot of.

even the Ostrich has gone on record saying he's a decent bloke 

Weird - Different journalist have different opinions. Who would have thought that?

Archived