Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wymsey

Who do you want as next boss

The longer is goes the less I want hiddink, never wanted Lennon, would of been happy with big Sam, but that ain't gonna happen, this is just getting depressing now

Pie in the sky I know but if we are all honest would we want big Nige gone? No of course not

But now we are here in this position I do believe the owners need to pacify the majority of fans and make a real statement of intent

1) Klopp

2) Di Matteo

3) O'Neill

4) Hiddink? Ok maybe not everyone's cup of tea

5) Laudrup

Any of the above I think would show some real movement from the owners

Or big Nige back? . . . .

ok after a few days to consider

Who do I think it will be?

Hiddink

Who do I want it to be?

1] O'Neill - He won't get us relegated / his system suits us / he knows a lot about our squad already - least change / he has potential to get us top 10 / keep existing backroom team

2] Klopp - It's friggin unlikely / he is a great coach / he is ambitious / keep backroom staff / he won't stay long

3] Hiddink - atrracts big names / can't see us getting relegated / commercially good option / keep backroom staff / bit worried about his state of mind

4] Di- Matteo - unlikely he will get us relegated / will probably stick around for many years if not sacked / prem experience  /query retention of backroom staff

Who don't I want it to be?

For me, there are no other names that would interest me in the slightest and would be too high a risk!

Top bangs on about falling in love with LCFC when we won the league cup - Imagine O'Neill will be a consideration for them

Guest LCFC_World

1. Nigel Pearson

Then in no particular order...

2. Neil Lennon

3. Martin ONeill

4. Klopp

5. Allardyce

Craig Shakespeare promoted to manager with a new assistant manager (maybe Kevin Phillips)?

Certainly wouldn't shake things up too much (excusing the pun)

Nice to see you back Ted!

Sensible post mate, though one which would blow the 'big name' theory out the water.

I have come to my decision.. I don't want these big names, Guus Hiidink, Klopp - you know that if you get these there is only one thing that will being them here and that is £££ - and lots of it. They won't have passion for the club and our fans, and no matter how much of a 'tactical genius' you are it won't help a club like us if you have no passion. So, if we can't have Nigel back then I would love to see ...

NEIL LENNON. He has passion, commitment and isn't scared to get involved when needed. I like a manger who risks getting sent to the stands for the team, it just shows he cares about the club. Not only that, he has a history with us which shows he will be giving it 100%. He would be for the long term not like Guus who would be here for a maximum 2 years. So there you have it, Neil Lennon is the man, he may not have the needed 'experience' but everyone has to start somewhere... I think he would get the best out the players and keep the dressing room together. He has a lot of team spirit.

#NeilLennonIn.

Seemingly our owners don't.

Guest LCFC_World

Seemingly our owners don't.

The majority of fans love it, the owners should see this and get someone in that shows a bit of passion on the touch line.

Craig Shakespeare promoted to manager with a new assistant manager (maybe Kevin Phillips)?

Certainly wouldn't shake things up too much (excusing the pun)

I have been thinking along the same lines too. Pretty sure Pearson said in an interview that Shakey has a desire to manage one day and wouldn't stand in his way (or did I imagine that?) He is always very switched on and articulate in interviews and obviously knows the club and players inside out.... gets my vote.

I have been thinking along the same lines too. Pretty sure Pearson said in an interview that Shakey has a desire to manage one day and wouldn't stand in his way (or did I imagine that?) He is always very switched on and articulate in interviews and obviously knows the club and players inside out.... gets my vote.

It could work then again it could go like Carver at Newcastle. Probably not a risk worth taking.

Guest LCFC_World

Kosicke said: "The Premier League is very interesting and we do not only think about the top four because there are some great clubs below them.

"When Jurgen signed for Dortmund there were other clubs who had better prestige and were in better financial mood. Nevertheless he decided on Dortmund."

That's Klopps agent talking. Its possible.

I don't get the di Matteo support.

maybe this? - non of those win percentages would relegate us 1st and foremost

Team From To Record

G W D L Win % Ref.

Milton Keynes Dons

2 July 2008

30 June 2009

52 27 11 14 51.92  

West Bromwich Albion

30 June 2009[14]

5 February 2011

83 40 19 24 48.19  

Chelsea

4 March 2012[22]

21 November 2012[34]

42 24 9 9 57.14  

Schalke 04

7 October 2014[42]

24 May 2015

33 14 7 12 42.42 [55]

Total 210 105 46 59 50.00

don't get me wrong he's my 4th choice solely because I can't see anyone else I'd consider as a 4th choice.

shit it looked like a nice table until after it posted

Ok so I realise this is almost completely deluded but this is Leicester so anything is possible ....

MON as director of football ( he never did the training ground stuff as far as I can remember anyway)

With Klopp as coach

Ridiculous maybe but could it work ? It would certainly be entertaining that's for sure

maybe this? - non of those win percentages would relegate us 1st and foremost

Team From To Record G W D L Win % Ref. Milton Keynes Dons 2 July 2008 30 June 2009 52 27 11 14 51.92 West Bromwich Albion 30 June 2009[14] 5 February 2011 83 40 19 24 48.19 Chelsea 4 March 2012[22] 21 November 2012[34] 42 24 9 9 57.14 Schalke 04 7 October 2014[42] 24 May 2015 33 14 7 12 42.42 [55]Total 210 105 46 59 50.00

don't get me wrong he's my 4th choice solely because I can't see anyone else I'd consider as a 4th choice.

shit it looked like a nice table until after it posted

The west from one was mainly championship? As he was eventually sacked wasn't he? Chelsea is Chelsea and he should have a good win percentage there.

Just not sure about him at a club our size at this level.

I have come to my decision.. I don't want these big names, Guus Hiidink, Klopp - you know that if you get these there is only one thing that will being them here and that is £££ - and lots of it. They won't have passion for the club and our fans, and no matter how much of a 'tactical genius' you are it won't help a club like us if you have no passion. So, if we can't have Nigel back then I would love to see ...

NEIL LENNON. He has passion, commitment and isn't scared to get involved when needed. I like a manger who risks getting sent to the stands for the team, it just shows he cares about the club. Not only that, he has a history with us which shows he will be giving it 100%. He would be for the long term not like Guus who would be here for a maximum 2 years. So there you have it, Neil Lennon is the man, he may not have the needed 'experience' but everyone has to start somewhere... I think he would get the best out the players and keep the dressing room together. He has a lot of team spirit.

#NeilLennonIn.

:nigel::huh:

It looks as though we are looking at a head coach rather than a manager. So it needs to be someone who is good motivator but also good tactically.

Hard to convince managers to be this, that's why west brom ended up with Alan Irvine last summer and why we'll probably end up with Steve cotterill.

It looks as though we are looking at a head coach rather than a manager. So it needs to be someone who is good motivator but also good tactically.

Hard to convince managers to be this, that's why west brom ended up with Alan Irvine last summer and why we'll probably end up with Steve cotterill.

Exactly how Klopp likes it... just saying

Archived