Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wymsey

Who do you want as next boss

Yep proper great, managed to finish 3 places below us despite being miles ahead when he took over.

My last comment was tongue in cheek,relax!...Did get them to FA Final though

Realistic I think are any manager in the championship. Di matteo is possible. Unlikely but possible mainly due to being out of work are Guus and Laudrup. Moyes and Klopp will hold out for bigger clubs.

I like the 'boro manager

What achievements?

Hadn't he lost the dressing room at Chelsea, dropping the likes of Lampard.

And didn't he blow all the Bale money on the likes of Soldado, Lamela, Paulinho, Chadli and Capoue?

His one success was bringing in Christian Eriksen, a player who was coveted across Europe.

And if my memory serves me rightly, wasn't he finally sacked having lost 5-0 and 6-0 on the bounce?

Not for me thanks.

Personally I would like AVB if we ever had a chance, With regard to his signings, he has said he didn't even want 4 of them, one of the ones he did not want admittedly was erikson,

but he did want Willian, Jaio moutinho, Hulk and David villa amongst others. He was overuled though. 

I cant help but look at some of his successful signings though, 

THIBAUT COURTOIS

Juan Mata - Arguably one of their top players, wasted after he left,

Moutinho

James rodriguez aged 18

Iturbe aged 17 

Otamendi

Gary Cahill

Kevin De Bruyne - Quality player wasted

Dembele

Hugo Lloris

Jan vertonghen

gylfi sigurdsson

His loss record speaks for itsself, 

In his last 177 games as a manager, he's lost 37 of them. 

I can understand he's been at teams that should have that sort of return, and he has made some howling decisions in the past, but it's clear he is a mile ahead of us and could take us to the next level.

Tim Sherwood is statistically Spurs' best manager ever, so i'll ignore them thanks.

Sherwood win record 50%

AVB 55% .... 

63 wins in 120 games as manager... Chelsea finished 6th and won the FA Cup and Champions League. Di Matteo got the plaudits for being in the hotseat for the Cup Finals, but AVB had done a lot of the spadework, getting them through the early rounds !

Guided Spurs to 5th in his only full season and, if criticising 'his' signings. you're underestimating the sway that Daniel Levy held in transfer dealings at that time.

I'd be bloody delighted with 5th or 6th in the PL, even if our results included a 0-5 and a 0-6. We're Leicester City after all, not Barcelona or Bayern!!

I don't get your argument mate. Of course we'd be happy with 5th or 6th.

But we aren't Chelsea or Tottenham and especially not having spent about a zillion quid.

During his 2nd season at Spurs he was becoming a joke both on and off the field.

I wouldn't take the chance.

63 wins in 120 games as manager... Chelsea finished 6th and won the FA Cup and Champions League. Di Matteo got the plaudits for being in the hotseat for the Cup Finals, but AVB had done a lot of the spadework, getting them through the early rounds !

Guided Spurs to 5th in his only full season and, if criticising 'his' signings. you're underestimating the sway that Daniel Levy held in transfer dealings at that time.

I'd be bloody delighted with 5th or 6th in the PL, even if our results included a 0-5 and a 0-6. We're Leicester City after all, not Barcelona or Bayern!! 

Wasn't AVB responsible for hugely negative football and defending a high line with immobile players. He wasn't an outright failure but it would presumably be quite dull football

Correct. He's been successful but it comes at the expenses of style. Despite winning the league, his relationship with fans at Zenit is not great.

There's no point mentioning his transfer record as he had very little input into it. Mourinho is just a part of transfer decisions at Chelsea currently, he doesn't dictate.

I like AVB but it's hardly attractive stuff and he's on a huge contract at Zenit which would cost a lot of money to buy out.

Guest LCFC_World

I have come to my decision.. I don't want these big names, Guus Hiidink, Klopp - you know that if you get these there is only one thing that will being them here and that is £££ - and lots of it. They won't have passion for the club and our fans, and no matter how much of a 'tactical genius' you are it won't help a club like us if you have no passion. So, if we can't have Nigel back then I would love to see ...

NEIL LENNON. He has passion, commitment and isn't scared to get involved when needed. I like a manger who risks getting sent to the stands for the team, it just shows he cares about the club. Not only that, he has a history with us which shows he will be giving it 100%. He would be for the long term not like Guus who would be here for a maximum 2 years. So there you have it, Neil Lennon is the man, he may not have the needed 'experience' but everyone has to start somewhere... I think he would get the best out the players and keep the dressing room together. He has a lot of team spirit.

#NeilLennonIn.

What achievements?

Hadn't he lost the dressing room at Chelsea, dropping the likes of Lampard.

And didn't he blow all the Bale money on the likes of Soldado, Lamela, Paulinho, Chadli and Capoue?

His one success was bringing in Christian Eriksen, a player who was coveted across Europe.

And if my memory serves me rightly, wasn't he finally sacked having lost 5-0 and 6-0 on the bounce?

Not for me thanks.

Once he joined Chelsea he was supposed to be the man who created a new, younger generation but it was too much too soon.

His record at Spurs was good, and he signed only one of those players (Lamela or Eriksen), Baldini the Sporting Director bought the rest. Chadli has been a good signing as well.

Again, I think people need a little bit of perspective. I don't particularly want AVB but we're hardly attraction of the decade. Completely dismissing a manager who wouldn't even be interested in joining us about sums this place up at the minute.

I have come to my decision.. I don't want these big names, Guus Hiidink, Klopp - you know that if you get these there is only one thing that will being them here and that is £££ - and lots of it. They won't have passion for the club and our fans, and no matter how much of a 'tactical genius' you are it won't help a club like us if you have no passion. So, if we can't have Nigel back then I would love to see ...

NEIL LENNON. He has passion, commitment and isn't scared to get involved when needed. I like a manger who risks getting sent to the stands for the team, it just shows he cares about the club. Not only that, he has a history with us which shows he will be giving it 100%. He would be for the long term not like Guus who would be here for a maximum 2 years. So there you have it, Neil Lennon is the man, he may not have the needed 'experience' but everyone has to start somewhere... I think he would get the best out the players and keep the dressing room together. He has a lot of team spirit.

#NeilLennonIn.

Well lucky for you that you don't want these big named successful managers because the chances are they won't come here anyway! And from what I've seen Klopp shows more passion in management than Nigel ever has.

Passion? If last season taught me anything, it's that passion can only take you so far. The players never stopped playing for 'the shirt' but only when we went for it against sides that were already in 'cruise control' and at the 'knackered' end of their season with some important players missing did we get our rewards. Up to game 29, there was a tactical issue in many games and we failed that test. being a successful PL manager has many parts to it. Passion is only a part of it. Sure we need a manager who cares about the club but that won't be enough.

Why are people mentioning someone like koeman? He isn't going to jump ship after one season. If you are going to pluck a manager from a 'better ' place than the KP then he needs to have been there for a while and up for a new challenge.

De boer fits that bill - thats why I mentioned him yesterday. There will be others knocking about.

Guest ttfn

I quite like AVB but ignoring the fact that he's out of reach his one absolute insistence appears to be including an outrageously high defensive line wherever he goes. I think it's fair to say that we don't have the players for that.

#NeilLennonIn.

PASHUNNN!

It's all gone pretty quiet in terms of speculation. Which makes me wonder if it might be someone out of the blue. I'd like to see Moyes which I can't see or I do like the idea of avb which is unrealistic too.

Of the names mentioned, Lennon is a gamble, but we could just be the right fit for him plays 3-5-2. To be fair to him at Bolton he had a lot of crap, including many Sven cast offs. Though I'm not sure the owners see him as someone to push us forward. Also if they want someone with less controversy Lennon might not be the answer.

Hiddink has a great record in the game but not at club level for a good while. He would attract bigger players and have contacts the likes of Lennon wouldn't. But something doesn't sit fight, maybe because we were burnt with Sven, though hiddink is a better manager.

Cotterill, decnt enough but no thanks. Just can't see the owners going for it.

If big Sam wanted it, I think it would be the best transition from Nigel and would be confident about staying up.

I'm already Bored with all of us moaning and groaning about all the names being brandished about,half of whom probably wouldn't give lcfc a second look!

All these threads bout This n that most of which is just pure speculation at best,just proves how bored we must all be!!!

Get the new manager in(whomever the cvnt is!!) And let's get the bloomin season going!!!!!

I think we can all agree that no one has a clue or even the slightest of idea what the hell is going on and who will be the next manager. Not even the bookies as the betting for it is all over the place and normally there is an out and out favourite

I think we can all agree that no one has a clue or even the slightest of idea what the hell is going on and who will be the next manager. Not even the bookies as the betting for it is all over the place and normally there is an out and out favourite

That's true actually.

THe bookies usually know by now. They don't seem to be at all sure this time.

I think that Hiddink is a has been manager, great experience as a top flight manager. He has just been replaced as Holland manager due to poor results.

The managers on the bookies list isn't good for Leicester in my opinion apart O'neil with money and the owners not interfering in his job would be a good choice and he would do a better job than what happened at Villa. There really isn't anyone that comes close to Pearson and his staff, I know that is now over and we move on, but come on the bookies list sucks. Sorry just my opinion only ;)

Archived