Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Guus Hiddink

Would rather have Lennon in charge & Hiddink working in more of a role like Ferguson did with Moyes. Then Lennon can sign Van Dijk & Hiddink can persuade Cambiasso to resign. Happy days. Onwards & upwards!!

Where do you come up with these tin hat theories lol!

Neil Lennon looks like the sort of guy who goes around punching wheelie bins. Let's hire the dutchman instead.

People already writing off someone who took South Korea to a world cup semi final, Brilliant :thumbup:

And did wonders for the Australian team taking us to a round of 16.  He is loved down here for what he did while manager of the Socceroos.

Can't believe so many fell for this!!

I used to get Van Gaal & Advocaat mixed up though!

Bill Shankly & Bertie Mee, they could have been identical twins, couldn't tell them apart,

The "age" aspect doesn't bother me one iota managerially. I'm only a year younger than him, still work full-time, play squash and golf, and give thanks that I feel closer to 40 than 70. If his vast experience can't carve out some progress given the resources of our owners it's hard to imagine who else might guarantee success. "Ninth best manager of all time...." we couldn't aim much higher. There's no guarantees but I can't see a lot to grumble about at this stage.         

The age aspect doesn't bother me one iota managerially. I'm a year younger, feel closer to 40 than 70 and still work full time and play squash/golf regularly. If we pull it off, "Ninth best manager of all time" shows we couldn't have aimed much higher and while there are no guarantees, all that experience ought to give us as good a chance as with anyone else of driving forward. Go for it, I'd say.   

I think we just have to accept that long term planning in football is a thing of the past. Whilst you may have an overall strategy, clubs operate with tactical signings and appointments. You get the exceptions ofcourse but I would guess the plan is to raise the profile of the club to another level so when the next appointment is made the list of candidates is much more attractive. If hiddink gives the club two good seasons and then all parties move on then great. His contacts and ability to attract players alone will be valuable.

The sven comparisons are so unfair. sven tried to operate at PL level in a league in which he had no experience and is extremely volatile. Hiddink has some PL experience and I would say he far more respected in world football.

I think we just have to accept that long term planning in football is a thing of the past. Whilst you may have an overall strategy, clubs operate with tactical signings and appointments. You get the exceptions ofcourse but I would guess the plan is to raise the profile of the club to another level so when the next appointment is made the list of candidates is much more attractive. If hiddink gives the club two good seasons and then all parties move on then great. His contacts and ability to attract players alone will be valuable.

The sven comparisons are so unfair. sven tried to operate at PL level in a league in which he had no experience and is extremely volatile. Hiddink has some PL experience and I would say he far more respected in world football.

Also I personally don't think Sven did such a bad job. Yes I know financially he put us in the shit abit, but surely you can't just blame Sven for that it's got be partly the owners fault too!

It's a short term resolution for a long term plan, the idea will obviously be that he works with someone else, Hiddink isn't a manager, he is a coach so I'd imagine he will be working as a pair as many have suggested. My guess is Cambiasso.

Also I personally don't think Sven did such a bad job. Yes I know financially he put us in the shit abit, but surely you can't just blame Sven for that it's got be partly the owners fault too!

Posts like this scare me and make me wonder where on earth the club may be going.

Sven was a dreadful appointment for this club, did an awful lot of damage which Pearson then had to repair.

And repair it he did...getting rid of Mills, Beckford, Danny and Gallagher (who was given a new contract under Sven).

The more I think about it, the more concerned I'm becoming about our next appointment.

Posts like this scare me and make me wonder where on earth the club may be going.

Sven was a dreadful appointment for this club, did an awful lot of damage which Pearson then had to repair.

And repair it he did...getting rid of Mills, Beckford, Danny and Gallagher (who was given a new contract under Sven).

The more I think about it, the more concerned I'm becoming about our next appointment.

Some fair points but also in fairness NP signed PG, and I think he is a much better player than most make out, just we progressed fairly quickly and he didn't fit in.

Anyone seen this morning's Mercury? Front page says, "Neil Lennon favourite for new manager. Full story, back page."

And the back page has a big picture of Hiddink and an article saying he is the favourite.

lol

Guest Foxin_mad

If this happens it proves the owners have absolutely no clue about football and that their 'advisers' are shit. Another old dinosaur who is lost in modern football. He will build a collection of mercenaries with no cohesion and team spirit like Sven.

The owners want respect for and in Thailand and protection of the King Power brand that is their only interest, how about giving a bit of respect for our culture and our club. How long till we become the King Power Bangkok Red foxes sponsored by Air Asia brought to you by Singha beer.

Some fair points but also in fairness NP signed PG, and I think he is a much better player than most make out, just we progressed fairly quickly and he didn't fit in.

Pearson signed Gallagher in completely different circumstances.

For the club to give him a new contract in the context they did was ridiculous.

Utterly ridiculous..and we continued to have to pay for him for longer than ever should have had to.

Nigel Pearson stabilised this club, no doubt.

The Thais have bitten the hand that feeds, to some extent.

However....again, Nigel could have shown a bit more media savvy and not shot himself in his own foot. He's been a bit of a plonker in that respect because he's allowed a situation to develop where he could be dismissed. To think this would have happened just one season after the promotion, is painful.

The people comparing Hiddink to Sven need to have a word. Couple of years ago, Hiddink was one of the most wanted managers in football. Hasn't done his reputation any favours with an awful stint with Holland but then the Dutch are famously difficult to manage.

He's no Mourinho but he's a very tidy coach and there's much worse we've been linked to (hello, Dyche, Redknapp, etc.)

He's also one of the most well travelled men in football, so you'd expect him to have a tidy black book and a good knowledge of the sport globally. That can't hurt in transfer terms.

Koeman has been mentioned more than once since we sacked Pearson, as have Southampton, well this is about as close as we can come to replicating that move.

The people comparing Hiddink to Sven need to have a word. Couple of years ago, Hiddink was one of the most wanted managers in football. Hasn't done his reputation any favours with an awful stint with Holland but then the Dutch are famously difficult to manage.

He's no Mourinho but he's a very tidy coach and there's much worse we've been linked to (hello, Dyche, Redknapp, etc.)

He's also one of the most well travelled men in football, so you'd expect him to have a tidy black book and a good knowledge of the sport globally. That can't hurt in transfer terms.

Koeman has been mentioned more than once since we sacked Pearson, as have Southampton, well this is about as close as we can come to replicating that move.

spot on! I can't believe that anyone would see this as a bad appointment! He's one of the most respected managers in the world. Ffs. Let's just go and get Mike Bassett and make everyone happy for us to be a championship club again... It's called AMBITION!

Archived