Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Guus Hiddink

You've missed the comparison if you are citing this. Mid 60s, appointed at clubs with tons of cash and performing poorly at international jobs.

That's fine, but we're operating under very different circumstances. They may have the same profile as managers, but the environment isn't comparable.

Who's to say he'll fail like Sven?

People need to stop with this reinstate Pearson lark. It's tragic, its been hard to face but ffs it's not going to happen so try a little harder to focus on the future and supporting the club. The way people go on on here we may aswell just abandon Leicester and form Pearson FC, our badge could be his face and James Pearson could be our star player and at weekends we will have 'wild dog fighting' nights and eat raw potatoes off of the mans stomach. In fact **** Pearson FC, we could go further and rename Britain as 'Pearson' and instead of having babies we could just genetically clone him. Imagine that, tiny little cute Pearsons.

This made me chuckle! G'wan Pearson FC!!!! End of season orgy in Thailand if we beat the drop

Pearson is God. No manager in the world compares to him. Were going down

Certain posters have almost reified Pearson.

Others are more sensible, like Babylon above (one of my fave posters..sometimes)

The reality is Pearson HAD learnt the division. To sack him now puts us back to square one again.

That makes little sense IMO.

But, I also think he gave the Thais the ammo to sack him. Bloody shame

People turning their nose up at Gus Hiddink?

Hahaha

The man is 68 isn't he? Most managers have retired by then. Fergie retired by then.

Nobody is questioning his credentials, but if he came here it is for the paycheck only.

The appointment would be for one season only. He is not a long term option. That is peoples issue with it.

That's fine, but we're operating under very different circumstances. They may have the same profile as managers, but the environment isn't comparable.

Who's to say he'll fail like Sven?

Seven years out of the English game where he was a caretaker. What will he do for the scouting side? The sports science? The youth team? Does he have his own team of men he trusts? Does he have the appetite for two/three season to get us better?

Or do the Thai's just see a football manager recogniseable to the Far East?

:appl:

All this talk about Hiddink has me a bit worried that the owners learnt absolutely nothing from the expensive Sven experiment. Who knows? Perhaps it will be totally different this time. I doubt it, to be honest. I expect, just like last time, we'll spunk silly money down the toilet to get precisely nowhere, or worse, but we'll have to wait and see.

Like you, I am extremely disappointed that the club will no longer be run like it was under NP. I agree, it was absolutely, positively the right way to run a football club. Using scouts to dig up bargains, researching the character and attitiude of potential signings and how they will fit in, using science to get the maximum output from each player, working on building a proper team made up of a tight-knit group of players who would die for each other, the list goes on.

It's basically the opposite of paying through the nose for over-the-hill, big name, complacent players who are only interested in their bank balance.

I am forever the optimist, however, so maybe the owners will learn eventually. How many times can they afford to do this before it's no longer worth it?

I don't think the club will be run like it was under NP for one minute.  Let us not forget, football is more than a game now, it's a massive business.  The owners want to take this football club on to the world stage and (if the rumours are to be believed) many of the staff and squad acting unprofessionally when trying to promote the club obviously isn't going to sit well.  

I liked the squad Nigel created, i liked the team spirit and never say die attitude Nigel instilled, I liked the quality he brought into the club, but let's be honest, Pearson acted like a total prune in certain circumstances last season for which I didn't really care about as the team never really let us (the fans) down.  But looking at the whole pie, to take the club to the next level as a business probably needs someone more of a sophisticated manager than Nigel Pearson.  Then again I might be talking utter tripe. 

So Nigel Pearson's signings kept us in the Premier League?

Well I'm glad he won't be signing any more players for Leicester then.

Yeah after shipping what were quite frankly ridiculous goals week after week Pearson finally figured out that we needed a good experienced premier league defender. The guy is obviously a genius.

To all Pearson admirers...

Who had more influence over our style of play, mentality on the pitch and the final outcome of the last 10 games of last season - Pearson or Cambiasso?

And yes, we were awful for months last season. But we went for it, just as we did in the championship when NP had no choice, an all or nothing approach which ultimately paid off.

Pearson did.

We also went for it in plenty of games before the last 10, they yielded feck all though. Hence the pundits "unlucky team", "not got what they deserved" mantra for quite some time prior to us actually starting the run.

Yeah after shipping what were quite frankly ridiculous goals week after week Pearson finally figured out that we needed a good experienced premier league defender. The guy is obviously a genius.

You know how the transfer window system works right?

Would love him here. A well respected name in the game, wealth of experience and a vast array of contacts to boot.

A master mind tactician and has won just about everything going in the game. 

Yes, there are a few cons like the fact he is 68 and okay, his second spell with Holland hasn't been as great as he would have wished (yet alone his fellow Dutch compatriots) but anyone who doesn't see past these facts needs to try & access the bigger picture. We need to go to another level. He could do it.

But looking at the whole pie, to take the club to the next level as a business probably needs someone more of a sophisticated manager than Nigel Pearson. Then again I might be talking utter tripe.

You are. We had a great scouting team built by Pearson. We have a brilliant sports science built by Pearson. There were signs we had an Academy beginning to bare fruit (and Pearson was introducing young lads to first team training). Ask Mick Rennie who is the best manager he work with in his long time at the club.

Would love him here. A well respected name in the game, wealth of experience and a vast array of contacts to boot.

A master mind tactician and has won just about everything going in the game.

Yes, there are a few cons like the fact he is 68 and okay, his second spell with Holland hasn't been as great as he would have wished (yet alone his fellow Dutch compatriots) but anyone who doesn't see past these facts needs to try & access the bigger picture. We need to go to another level. He could do it.

I look at his last three jobs and see failure.

Not sure what to think of this, in recent years he's not been long at clubs, international record is very good but this last job he did very poorly.

Could work out ok but I wouldn't be overly optimistic, especially after hearing Dutch complaints about tactics and formations.

Do you ever say anything positive about anything?  

Seven years out of the English game where he was a caretaker. What will he do for the scouting side? The sports science? The youth team? Does he have his own team of men he trusts? Does he have the appetite for two/three season to get us better?

Or do the Thai's just see a football manager recogniseable to the Far East?

All major concerns, my other would be that he's had a grand total of 32 months in club management in the last decade, 17 months in the last 6 years. Just over 2 and a half years of the last 10 in club management, the other 7 1/2 in international management - he's out of the club game and it's a massively different one to international football where recruitment isn't a concern.

Certain posters have almost reified Pearson.

Others are more sensible, like Babylon above (one of my fave posters..sometimes)

The reality is Pearson HAD learnt the division. To sack him now puts us back to square one again.

That makes little sense IMO.

But, I also think he gave the Thais the ammo to sack him. Bloody shame

The ting about the "Pearson learned" thing is that he himself admitted he had no idea what had changed to cause our reversal in fortunes. That's not learning. He basically admitted it was pot luck.

Or, possibly, the formation was somebody else's idea, Pearson having ran out of his own, and he didn't want to take the credit nor give it to the person who deserved it.

Pearson did.

We also went for it in plenty of games before the last 10, they yielded feck all though. Hence the pundits "unlucky team", "not got what they deserved" mantra for quite some time prior to us actually starting the run.

I don't remember it that way Babs...

Media attention began with praise, alongside our good start. Then it went to 'unlucky', alongside our run after the Man Utd game... (You're right here). Then it went to 'they are looking like going down' for quite some time. Then it went to 'they are down' for quite a few weeks.

Then (surprise surprise) it went to 'we always thought they were better than their points suggested' alongside our final flourish.

Much like on here actually.

You know how the transfer window system works right?

Yes I know we had all summer to improve on what was obviously a championship defence and didn't.

Honestly, some of you need to go out have a read of the threads on here from around February. At times, I was the only person trying to be positive. We were a shambles. 'Pearson' got it right eventually, though he hasn't a clue how he did it. Pot luck or somebody else, one of the two.

Archived