Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Guus Hiddink

Do we really want somebody that is just gonna lob money around left, right and centre?

Because that will be the reality of appointing Hiddink. It'll be what he says goes in terms of wages etc, we've already seen the owners shafted by one man.

Luckily for them they struck jackpot with Pearson, he kept the wages largely on an even keel.

Hiddink has managed Anzhi for fvck sake, thats all I need to know.

I love a bit of money lobbing

I'm obviously not risk averse but also like the grounds in League 1 so I'm claiming shotgun for the ride.

Not too keen on Hiddink, but happy to give him a chance.

Much rather him then Neil Lennon who will alienate a lot of fans. If the owners, whose motives have always been suspect to me, appoint Lennon, I can only see a downward spiral. If he is the role model they are looking for to improve the king power brand, they obviously don't know him.

Will always go home and away, but really feel that a chance of sustained greatness for LCFC has been chucked away. Fans of other clubs I have spoken to in my day to day work are all nonplussed by the decision to sack NP.

Guest MattP

Do we really want somebody that is just gonna lob money around left, right and centre?

Because that will be the reality of appointing Hiddink. It'll be what he says goes in terms of wages etc, we've already seen the owners shafted by one man.

Luckily for them they struck jackpot with Pearson, he kept the wages largely on an even keel.

Hiddink has managed Anzhi for fvck sake, thats all I need to know.

30 million on Christopher Samba and Lass Diarra.

This guy could make Sven look like Scrooge.

I'm saying nothing about he who I cannot name, having just served yet another ban. This time for ages.

Every time I respond to any post about he who I cannot name, I get banned.

I'm not posting any more about he who I cannot name cos I'll be banned again.

Daft really.

Cattermole? JET?

I don't think the club will be run like it was under NP for one minute.  Let us not forget, football is more than a game now, it's a massive business.  The owners want to take this football club on to the world stage and (if the rumours are to be believed) many of the staff and squad acting unprofessionally when trying to promote the club obviously isn't going to sit well.  

I liked the squad Nigel created, i liked the team spirit and never say die attitude Nigel instilled, I liked the quality he brought into the club, but let's be honest, Pearson acted like a total prune in certain circumstances last season for which I didn't really care about as the team never really let us (the fans) down.  But looking at the whole pie, to take the club to the next level as a business probably needs someone more of a sophisticated manager than Nigel Pearson.  Then again I might be talking utter tripe. 

No, I agree. The season just ended did bring out the worst in Pearson off the pitch. I don't think anyone could argue against the fact that he seemed to lose his rag a few times. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I can't really remember any incidents like these before we were promoted. I suspect there's a lot more stress involved when there are so many more eyes on you and so much more money at stake. A part of me thinks some of it was his way of taking the spotlight off the players and relieving the pressure on them, but I'm maybe being too kind.

I suppose it is easy for us to overlook these things when they matter so little to us fans, compared to the performances and results of the team.

I get it. I know that the owners are trying to make it a more glamourous club on a bigger stage, but it's so hard to forget how it turned out the last time they went for a continental household name.

There's a real danger that, yet again, we'll be haemorrhaging cash while slipping down the table at the same time.

It's really hard to take, this. Everything was set up just right, it was in the bag, and now it's like we're gambling it all on a rank outsider.

People on here need to chill out abit. I for one, think it's been a right laugh since the Thais took over, and we've seen some great times. It'll be interesting, what ever happens. Enjoy the ride.

By far my favourite post so far. Everyone just needs to have a cup of tea and calm down!

Weirdly I was in Holland over the weekend and I read the news on Hiddink and drew parallels when Pearson was sacked..... Never believed it though, just thought coincidence and pipe dreams. Apart from Tanner do we have any other sources to suggest this may be a reality? Just asking.

Weirdly I was in Holland over the weekend and I read the news on Hiddink and drew parallels when Pearson was sacked..... Never believed it though, just thought coincidence and pipe dreams. Apart from Tanner do we have any other sources to suggest this may be a reality? Just asking.

I think the Mirror ran it first, followed by the Star, that's how I saw it unfold on Twitter. Could be wrong though.

Then there have been references to reports coming out of Holland.

There was a journo on Talksport about an hour ago, playing it down, saying he can't see past Lennon.

I'm not convinced that anyone really knows anything!

I'm not convinced that anyone really knows anything!

I hope the owners do. I mean that without prejudice-I genuinely do. I think they do too. Otherwise I would REALLY want to know what this is all about. Leicester City - never boring.

I don't even know what to think about this being a possibility.

I am still recovering from the shock of Pearson being sacked and now they throw Hiddink at us as a real possibility of our next manager.

Really has been a roller coaster ride since we had these owners. Mostly good though!

This really does have the same feel to it as the Sven appointment, as in wow, can we really attract someone with their calibre, but then Sven didn't work out and so we are rightly cautious over a repeat!

What excites me about this, is the players he could attract. We are already becoming more of a pull for top players by just being in the Prem, but with a huge name manager, that could boost us a step or two even further. I can totally see why the owners would like the Hiddink name to boost our profile all over.

The concerns are, he is 68, he hasn't managed at club level that much over the last decade and some could argue he has been on a steady decline for some time now.

No one really knows how the players would respond though or how motivated he still is. I think one thing is probably obvious, is that he would not be here for more than a season or two. So this is potentially a short-term fix, which could boost our profile and hopefully take us further up the table.

After all that waffle, I still have no idea if I want him here or not, but compared to the other names like Lennon, Allardyce and Cotterill, this one excites me the most! If it goes horribly wrong, we can always sack before christmas and bring in a reliable Big Sam or give Lennon ago if interested.

In conclusion...  Hiddink?!  Yehh  let's get back on the roller coaster that is supporting this club!

I don't even know what to think about this being a possibility.

I am still recovering from the shock of Pearson being sacked and now they throw Hiddink at us as a real possibility of our next manager.

Really has been a roller coaster ride since we had these owners. Mostly good though!

This really does have the same feel to it as the Sven appointment, as in wow, can we really attract someone with their calibre, but then Sven didn't work out and so we are rightly cautious over a repeat!

What excites me about this, is the players he could attract. We are already becoming more of a pull for top players by just being in the Prem, but with a huge name manager, that could boost us a step or two even further. I can totally see why the owners would like the Hiddink name to boost our profile all over.

The concerns are, he is 68, he hasn't managed at club level that much over the last decade and some could argue he has been on a steady decline for some time now.

No one really knows how the players would respond though or how motivated he still is. I think one thing is probably obvious, is that he would not be here for more than a season or two. So this is potentially a short-term fix, which could boost our profile and hopefully take us further up the table.

After all that waffle, I still have no idea if I want him here or not, but compared to the other names like Lennon, Allardyce and Cotterill, this one excites me the most! If it goes horribly wrong, we can always sack before christmas and bring in a reliable Big Sam or give Lennon ago if interested.

In conclusion...  Hiddink?!  Yehh  let's get back on the roller coaster that is supporting this club!

Ageist. His premier league record is pretty good. [Personally I would rather someone I had never heard of that turns out to be the next Arsene Wenger, but that wouldn't go down so well with the fans would it?]

Archived