Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Guus Hiddink

Much tather hiddink over pearson.. He will bring top draw experience and every player knows who hiddink is and if we can do well this season say mid table theres no readon why we carnt start buying MUCH better players! Pretty sure it was hiddink who took south korea from laughing stock to semi finalists in a world cup... Btw hes 68 not 70 .. Fergy , robson managed into there 70's iirc ... I would be happy with his appointment seeing as tho he did ok with a turbulant chelsea team back in 2009 or 2010

Guest MattP

hold on

lol

The game against Spain was even worse, I think the ref rules out three fair goals for the Spanish before Korea went through on penalties.

That's true. My guess is that someone intent on playing 4-5-1 possession football would keep Ulloa plus 2 of Vardy, Kramaric & Okazaki as striking options, plus 2 of Mahrez, Kramaric & Nugent as options for central attacking midfielder options.

However, if Mahrez were to mainly be used as attacking central midfielder, we would need 2 new right midfielders, as well as 2 new central midfielders (to supplement King & Drinky) & probably 2 new left midfielders.

Neither Schlupp nor Albrighton would suit a possession-based game, though Schlupp could conceivably revert to left back, competing with Fuchs....or could be sold for cash.

And how well would our defenders suit a possession-based game? Surely we'd need a new "footballing" centre back and right back, as a minimum?

My point in saying all this is that any such change in tactics would require a major overhaul of the playing staff, which would be enormously difficult to achieve when starting it in July! The disruption and period required for players to gel would probably have us deep in the relegation zone after a couple of months, with the fans potentially turning on the manager....

Maybe Hiddink could play a non-possession, pace-and-counter-attack style better suited to the current squad (he did with South Korea, as I recall).....or maybe a different manager, closer to the Pearson style (e.g. Allardyce, Lennon) might come in, with less disruption?

Hope I'm wrong, but this could be a complete car-crash.

Much tather hiddink over pearson.. He will bring top draw experience and every player knows who hiddink is and if we can do well this season say mid table theres no readon why we carnt start buying MUCH better players! Pretty sure it was hiddink who took south korea from laughing stock to semi finalists in a world cup... Btw hes 68 not 70 .. Fergy , robson managed into there 70's iirc ... I would be happy with his appointment seeing as tho he did ok with a turbulant chelsea team back in 2009 or 2010

Tough to know which argument to side with.

I really hope we don't revert to tippy tappy boring possession football. 4-5-1 we have 5 strikers :dunno:

So much more fun letting the opposition have the majority of possession turning the ball over quickly and attacking with pace delivering the a lethal blow. Creates a sense of excitement and a much better atmosphere amongst the fans too.

I really hope we don't revert to tippy tappy boring possession football. 4-5-1 we have 5 strikers :dunno:

So much more fun letting the opposition have the majority of possession turning the ball over quickly and attacking with pace delivering the a lethal blow. Creates a sense of excitement and a much better atmosphere amongst the fans too.

Completely agree... With this current team we have to play high energy pressing football and play direct-ish... Would hate to witness the Sousa days again

So Cardiff who is todays man that you would want and expect? It is great with all these fans saying no to everyone being linked or suggested, but really have no idea who they would approve of. Sounds like no one is good enough!

Big Sam has a track record what fits our requirement.

Moyes would worthy of a call or at least any attempt.

Karanka at Boro heads the best currently at a club.

Could go left field with someone like Remi Garde or Ron Jans whose taken Zwolle to European football and cup glory.

I want someone forward thinking. Can spot a bargain. Likes to play direct, attacking football.

That penalty call from Totti  lol  lol  lol How the hell did the refs think they could get away with that?

Even most Koreans I've talked to feel embarassed about the whole thing, though national pride makes them stop short of admitting that they think it was rigged.

That being said, Vieri had a chance that I'd put away with two minutes to go that he somehow fluffed. If he'd buried that this would no longer be any kind of discussion.

Guest MattP

Even most Koreans I've talked to feel embarassed about the whole thing, though national pride makes them stop short of admitting that they think it was rigged.

That being said, Vieri had a chance that I'd put away with two minutes to go that he somehow fluffed. If he'd buried that this would no longer be any kind of discussion.

I dunno, I'm sure we would have seen something happen to manage to rule it out.

I'm saying nothing about he who I cannot name, having just served yet another ban. This time for ages.

Every time I respond to any post about he who I cannot name, I get banned.

I'm not posting any more about he who I cannot name cos I'll be banned again.

Daft really.

Leroy Fer?

Still think the majority of people on here completely miss the point of those who are a little cynical about it all.

I'm still annoyed at the Pearson sacking, and I will be for a while yet. I do accept however, that it's been done, and there's no point now dwelling on it.

This replacement could definitely go either way. I'm not doubting the bloke's stature or history in the game, I'm doubting his motivation to continue building something at Leicester.

I can't understand anyone who cannot see the Sven comparison. Though after a bit of reading up from me... I think he's got more about him than Sven. Then again that doesn't say a lot.

Guest MattP

That penalty call from Totti  lol  lol  lol How the hell did the refs think they could get away with that?

lol lol

I forgot how bad this was, can anyone on here offer up an explanation to how the Spain goal around 7.15 was not allowed? lol

The one on 8.00 as well, wtf lol

But hiddink is foreign. All these bloody foreigners are the same lol

Yeah we get the point, anyone with any kind of educated guess that isn't in favour of someone foreign is racist or xenophobic, we fully understand you.

It's truly horrendous, isn't it? 

There had to have been something involving brown envelopes going on during that world cup - and like I said, many Koreans tip a wink to the suggestion without being able to outright admit it too.

But it makes you wonder - and I'm digressing from the OP here - if it was the case that this was rigged, then what other tournaments/teams were also during World Cup history?

I think much of this depends on the owners expectations - if they still see survival as the aim I think Hiddink has the ability to keep us up, even without the need to spend lots of money. but if this was the case then why get rid of Pearson?

However if they've got ahead of themselves and demand a top 6 finish and a cup win, and here is £100m to do it...then I'm worried.

lets think about this for a second. does Leicester City Football Club have the pulling power to make a manager quit the Dutch national team to come into a relegation dogfight? I mean if we were a team battling in the latter stages of the champions league maybe but i can't see how anything we can offer him will excite him. even money! 

lol

The game against Spain was even worse, I think the ref rules out three fair goals for the Spanish before Korea went through on penalties.

Tough to know which argument to side with.

Just out of interest, who would you prefer as manager?

lets think about this for a second. does Leicester City Football Club have the pulling power to make a manager quit the Dutch national team to come into a relegation dogfight? I mean if we were a team battling in the latter stages of the champions league maybe but i can't see how anything we can offer him will excite him. even money! 

all about ego and cash, for pretty much all top level managers

Archived