Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Guus Hiddink

lets think about this for a second. does Leicester City Football Club have the pulling power to make a manager quit the Dutch national team to come into a relegation dogfight? I mean if we were a team battling in the latter stages of the champions league maybe but i can't see how anything we can offer him will excite him. even money!

He's apparently gone on record as saying he wants one last challenge...

Guest MattP

Just out of interest, who would you prefer as manager?

Nigel Pearson, but if I was in the position we are in now I'd probably be making an approach for David Moyes, failing that I'd consider Di Matteo and Karanka as second options.

I wouldn't rule out Big Fat Sam either if he wanted it, not his biggest fan but he would be able to continue what we are working towards without too much upheavel.

One last payoff he said, it was lost in translation.

lets think about this for a second. does Leicester City Football Club have the pulling power to make a manager quit the Dutch national team to come into a relegation dogfight? I mean if we were a team battling in the latter stages of the champions league maybe but i can't see how anything we can offer him will excite him. even money! 

It's not like he was having a great time with Holland, he's lost more games than he's won and they are looking like they might not qualify for the Euros for the first time in god knows how long. 

Looking at the Kante thread, the fact we're still signing (or trying to sign) previously scouted players shows what faith we have in the scouts. It's also a large indication we're very determined to keep them in place.

With regards Hiddink, I think I'd actually feel much more at ease if he was in the role of head coach with our current team behind him. If he

says he want player to fill a certain position, our scouting system then searches them out.

Nigel Pearson, but if I was in the position we are in now I'd probably be making an approach for David Moyes, failing that I'd consider Di Matteo and Karanka as second options.

I wouldn't rule out Big Fat Sam either if he wanted it, not his biggest fan but he would be able to continue what we are working towards without too much upheavel.

One last payoff he said, it was lost in translation.

Not a fan of 'Big fat Sam ' eh? You'd never guess lol

His stature has certainly dropped since the chelsea season. If he wants one last job, he won't want it to be a relegation on his record.

Would take a lot of convincing for him to accept a job here I think. Can't believe he needs the money after his time in Russia.

If we were mid table pushing on then perhaps

If he does accept, then expect a fair amount of expenditure

Its different to Sven. He didn't realise that prem players are not suited to getting a team out of the championship.

But I can't think what he could achieve within a couple of seasons. Surely we can't get into a European place from where we currently are so maybe a good go at a cup is all he could manage.

It's not like he was having a great time with Holland, he's lost more games than he's won and they are looking like they might not qualify for the Euros for the first time in god knows how long. 

is this the man we want managing us then? another sven "well he was good once with russia and psv" 

Guest MattP

Not a fan of 'Big fat Sam ' eh? You'd never guess lol

lol

I actually find him quite affable to be fair, Big Fat Sam has just stuck. He seems a decent bloke but the football his teams play is absolutely horrific at times.

lol

I actually find him quite affable to be fair, Big Fat Sam has just stuck. He seems a decent bloke but the football his teams play is absolutely horrific at times.

Yeah he does seem a good bloke. Think he got West Ham playing some decent stuff last season but he'll never lose that tag for the monstrosity he had Bolton playing

Guest MattP

He was only on 2million euros in Russia apparently, that's less than Pearson was on here. 

Not a bad wage when you don't pay your tax though.

lol lol

I forgot how bad this was, can anyone on here offer up an explanation to how the Spain goal around 7.15 was not allowed? lol

The one on 8.00 as well, wtf lol

Bringing back too many bad memories.

I had a ten game accumulator on that world cup and SK vs Italy was the last one. Had SK to win and would have won £95k if it happened.

All my mates in my living room with the promise of an all expenses trip to Vegas in the offing. There would have been cocaine, strippers, hookers, champagne and fillet mingon a plenty.

1-1 in injury time and the ball is falling to a free SK player in the box. All he had to do was control it, turn and stick it in the net. Instead, he goes for an overhead kick and completely fvcks it up.

No Vegas. No whores.

Just a Maryland Variety meal and a can of Passion fruit Rubicon to console me.

Bad times man.

Real bad times.

Guest MattP

Oh man, as a gambler my heart bleeds reading that story, I can't even imagine what that trip to Vegas would have been like as well. It would have been absolutely sensational.

He was only on 2million euros in Russia apparently, that's less than Pearson was on here. 

Source?

He earns £175,000 a week with ­Anzhi. That equates to £9m-a-year after tax. His gross wages are estimated at £300,000 a week.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/anzhi-makhachkala-guus-hiddink-snubbed-3307645

Moscow / Nationalturk – ­According to allsportnews.us, the 65-year-old manager has answered the call from Russian Anzhi Makhachkala club wiyh an annual salary demand of €15 million, while the Russians have offered him ‘only’ €9 million.

http://www.nationalturk.com/en/ex-turkey-manager-guus-hiddink-e15-million-salary-from-filthy-rich-anzhi-15277

Bringing back too many bad memories.

I had a ten game accumulator on that world cup and SK vs Italy was the last one. Had SK to win and would have won £95k if it happened.

All my mates in my living room with the promise of an all expenses trip to Vegas in the offing. There would have been cocaine, strippers, hookers, champagne and fillet mingon a plenty.

1-1 in injury time and the ball is falling to a free SK player in the box. All he had to do was control it, turn and stick it in the net. Instead, he goes for an overhead kick and completely fvcks it up.

No Vegas. No whores.

Just a Maryland Variety meal and a can of Passion fruit Rubicon to console me.

Bad times man.

Real bad times.

lol

No cash out in those days?

Looking at the Kante thread, the fact we're still signing (or trying to sign) previously scouted players shows what faith we have in the scouts. It's also a large indication we're very determined to keep them in place.

With regards Hiddink, I think I'd actually feel much more at ease if he was in the role of head coach with our current team behind him. If he

says he want player to fill a certain position, our scouting system then searches them out.

smash the northern monkeys first game and it will be Nigel Who? and Guus is a genius!

Guest MattP

He was on 9 million a year after tax? Jesus.

So that means his actual take home pay was about 14 million a year, good work if you can get it.

I think Hiddink would command the respect of the players and attract good players. I would think it would only be a 2 year deal due to his age but I think it would be a good appointment. Rather him than Lennon, bloody Cotterill or Dyche any day of the week

lol

No cash out in those days?

Dont.

Oh man, as a gambler my heart bleeds reading that story, I can't even imagine what that trip to Vegas would have been like as well. It would have been absolutely sensational.

All i've done since is imagine!

So if it looks like we're still after N'Golo, who'd take Hiddink with the current backroom staff and science people in place. Same scouting network, player recruitment, Hiddink just looks after the team.

I could get on board with that - presuming NP doesn't drag everyone away to his next club.

i posted this in another thread but valid here too

We all talk about Pearson and his success but it is clear Pearson Shaky and Walsh combined(+ the team of technical scouts etc) are the reason for our success

Pearson Hiddink- Leader 1st, motivator 2nd and technical coach 3rd

Shaky - motivator and technical coach

Walsh scout / technical coach

I'm not sure that Pearson with a different team will have the same success.

To retain the strong elements of the team we have left, we must make them an offer they cannot refuse and potentially give Shaky the target and development to become our next leader by learning from Guus.

Pearson will struggle for success IMO without his whole team but it is whether their loyalty can be bought by us in terms of monetary and career incentives. It's business at the end of the day - harsh on Pearson though

Pearson will struggle for success IMO without his whole team but it is whether their loyalty can be bought by us in terms of monetary and career incentives. It's business at the end of the day - harsh on Pearson though

We could just force them to stay, they have a nice new contract. If they want to break it without consent we can have them on gardening leave for the next 2/3 years.

Archived