Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Guus Hiddink

I thought the point was;

a) Southampton have a list of potential replacements- No evidence that we don't either.

b) Having a list makes appointing a replacement quicker- Not so far.

No, that's not really the point. I can't be arsed now, check back tomorrow and I will try and break it all down for you.

It's been just over a week. Relax. The club may have made an offers to a manager and they are talking to their family and thinking it over. I mean even if some dream world Klopp is thinking it over he needs to talk to the family.

Klopp "fancy living in Leicester?"

Wife "As in Leicester square London? Brilliant, they have good German schools and it is very international, have Arsenal made you an offer?"

Klopp "No as in Leicester City, a city in the Midlands"

Wife "what is the Midlands"

Klopp "like the name suggests a buffer-zone between the north and south"

Wife "isn't England a small island, surely it is all the same?, do they have a Lidl"

Klopp "well the island is actually three seperate countries. On the shopping front, they have a Morrisons"

Wife "is that the same thing? Can you check it out, can you buy a good Kraut Salat ..."

It's been just over a week. Relax. The club may have made an offers to a manager and they are talking to their family and thinking it over. I mean even if some dream world Klopp is thinking it over he needs to talk to the family.

Klopp "fancy living in Leicester?"

Wife "As in Leicester square London? Brilliant, they have good German schools and it is very international, have Arsenal made you an offer?"

Klopp "No as in Leicester City, a city in the Midlands"

Wife "what is the Midlands"

Klopp "like the name suggests a buffer-zone between the north and south"

Wife "isn't England a small island, surely it is all the same?, do they have a Lidl"

Klopp "well the island is actually three seperate countries. On the shopping front, they have a Morrisons"

Wife "is that the same thing? Can you check it out, can you buy a good Kraut Salat ..."

You can actually buy authentic German sausage, ham and beer at Lidl if that's any help....

People gonna keep propping up the myth that Pearson was sacked for differences of perspective?

And the owners are savvy & cautious?

lol

They've proven themselves to be naive, fame hungry, fools. While they wallow in the gargantuan mistake they've made, trying to make the best of their huuuuge **** up...

And it MAY payoff, everyone one will always know they booted Pearson, the best thing to happen to us for nearly 20yrs, earning them tens or hundreds of millions in the process... and could've gone on to be among the best ever, we'll always know they played with the future of our club, and failed, so whomever comes in will be plan b (or maybe c, d, or z)

If I didn't support us, I'd hope they'd come a cropper and end up falling through the divisions

Pair of clueless chumps

People gonna keep propping up the myth that Pearson was sacked for differences of perspective?

lol

They've proven themselves to be naive, fame hungry, fools. While they wallow in the gargantuan mistake they've made, trying to make the best of their huuuuge **** up...

And it MAY payoff, everyone one will always know they booted Pearson, the best thing to happen to us for nearly 20yrs, earning them tens or hundreds of millions in the process... and could've gone on to be among the best ever, we'll always know they played with the future of our club, and failed, so whomever comes in will be plan b (or maybe c, d, or z)

If I didn't support us, I'd hope they'd come a cropper and end up falling through the divisions

Pair of clueless chumps

Yeah, they've barely been out of the media this past week. So fame hungry lol

lol

Pair of clueless chumps

Maybe they have saved pearsons reputation amongst his loyal followers. Imagine how terrible you would have felt if he had failed through the first half of next season and been sacked at Xmas! This way, you can believe that we would have continued to improve under his stewardship. Me? I have no idea. I don't do crystal balls. The evidence from last season isn't great in that regard.

Imagine releasing the shortest possible statement and then completely disappearing from the public eye and then being accused of being fame hungry lol and I thought the meltdown on here had reached its peak

Imagine sacking one of the best managers in the clubs history, releasing the shortest possible statement, then completely disappearing from the public eye and still being defended by people who support the club.

Imagine releasing the shortest possible statement and then completely disappearing from the public eye and then being accused of being fame hungry lol and I thought the meltdown on here had reached its peak

Fame hungry as in, trying (& failing) to appoint a get rich quick-style Sven 2.0

Fools of the highest order

Fame hungry as in trying (& failing) to appoint a get rich quick-style Sven 2.0

Fools of the highest order

So by fame hungry you mean success hungry? Hungry for success, what a terrible trait to have in football. There is also, let me add no evidence whatsoever that they're looking to appoint a "Sven 2.0".

Imagine sacking one of the best managers in the clubs history, releasing the shortest possible statement, then completely disappearing from the public eye and still being defended by people who support the club.

Imagine doing the right thing consistently for several years and then the minute there is a slight element of doubt having everyone slate you until kingdom come.

I've got to say I agree with Frank that, while no info on the Pearson sacking is available, we have nothing to go off right now which gives us reason to believe that the owners haven't learned their lessons from the Sven era.  Everyone's been sure that they've done so since they brought Nigel back and stood by him, so without any information to go off it's crass to revert to assuming they're the same owners that arrived at this club.  The delay could well be because this time they're going through due-diligence procedures that they've learned since they began their time in sports club ownership.

I'm confused and upset that Pearson got sacked, but lack of information means I have no conclusions to draw which can fairly affect my opinion of the owners, it is therefore right to retain the respect I had for them going into all this.

Imagine doing the right thing consistently for several years and then the minute there is a slight element of doubt having everyone slate you until kingdom come.

Them doing the right thing coincided with Pearson being at the helm, most of the right things were clearing up mess they created. So there is obviously going to be some questions asked whilst we are in limbo. I'm not like you, I don't go weak at the knees when we spend big money on players and pay huge salaries. I'm more concerned at a long term plan, we had that under Pearson, we knew what it was and to a degree where it was going. I want to know if that plan is to continue or what direction they plan to take because before Pearson arrived, their plan was utter horseshit.

Them doing the right thing coincided with Pearson being at the helm, most of the right things were clearing up mess they created. So there is obviously going to be some questions asked whilst we are in limbo. I'm not like you, I don't go weak at the knees when we spend big money on players and pay huge salaries. I'm more concerned at a long term plan, we had that under Pearson, we knew what it was and to a degree where it was going. I want to know if that plan is to continue or what direction they plan to take because before Pearson arrived, their plan was utter horseshit.

They've done nothing wrong since the appointment of sven, which most thought was a good appointment at the time.

I've never said I support big money signings and huge salaries for the sake of it. You've just made that up to add strength to your argument because you know without lies it's weak.

Pearson isn't the only manager in the world capable of having a plan.

They've done nothing wrong since the appointment of sven, which most thought was a good appointment at the time.

I've never said I support big money signings and huge salaries for the sake of it. You've just made that up to add strength to your argument because you know without lies it's weak.

Spectacularly missing the point once again. Although I think that's your aim.

Spectacularly missing the point once again. Although I think that's your aim.

Be more clear with your point then. I'm not a mind reader. If you're implying that the owners have never done anything right then I would counter that not sacking Pearson on at least two occasions when most fans wanted him gone was correct, backing him in the transfer market was correct, paying for important players like nugent and Schmeichel to remain on our books was correct, and leaving Pearson alone to get on with his job was correct. Plenty of scope there for them to make a mistake. They didn't. They got it right every time. They've not put a foot wrong for years.

Be more clear with your point then. I'm not a mind reader. If you're implying that the owners have never done anything right then I would counter that not sacking Pearson on at least two occasions when most fans wanted him gone was correct, backing him in the transfer market was correct, paying for important players like nugent and Schmeichel to remain on our books was correct, and leaving Pearson alone to get on with his job was correct. Plenty of scope there for them to make a mistake. They didn't. They got it right every time. They've not put a foot wrong for years.

They've not put a foot wrong since Pearson, until possibly now.

But it wasn't a good appointment. And you can't excuse them appointing Sven on the grounds that many fans thought it made sense at the time. Since when did the fans' reaction to an appointment, or a sacking for that matter, have any impact on how successful a decision it was considered to be? It is always history which dictates the correctness of a decision, just as it did with the largely popular appointments of Pleat, Taylor, Levein, Allen and Holloway, and the somewhat less-celebrated arrivals of Milne, Lee, Little and (first time around) Pearson himself.

This decision, similarly, will be judged on how it sits within the club's history. In terms of how Pearson will be judged - well, that's pretty straightforward, isn't it? He's taken us up two divisions, kept us in the PL and been fired while at the peak of his success. The board, for their part, have invested plenty of money in us - whether we're a marketing device for King Power or not - and made some good decisions (the ones where they've either appointed or not sacked Pearson) and some poorer ones (the ones where they've edged Pearson out, or appointed anyone else). We know the story up to this point - and none of this is assumption, or guesswork, or deduction, it's all just history - but we don't know what comes next; the impact that this decision will have.

The sacking might work out fine for us, Pearson's career could divebomb, we could find out that he'd committed an act of gross misconduct, as you keep implying, and we could go on to bigger and better things for which Pearson and the next manager will get their respective shares of the credit, and the board will get a great deal more. We might come to see it as an inspired, proactive bit of judgement on their part. 

But we don't know any of this yet. We only know the story up to the point where they fired the successful manager and gave no reason for it. So yes, another manager - Hiddink, Lennon, AVB, Di Matteo, Phillips, O'Neill - could have a plan too. It might work as well as NP's, or as badly as Sousa's and Sven's. It might work even better. Evidence could come out which backs up some of the claims people are making. We could continue our meteoric rise. But this is where you keep struggling - on the difference between things that have happened and those which either haven't happened or, in some or other scenario devised, might have.

Going against the grain there,tin hat on?

But it wasn't a good appointment. And you can't excuse them appointing Sven on the grounds that many fans thought it made sense at the time. Since when did the fans' reaction to an appointment, or a sacking for that matter, have any impact on how successful a decision it was considered to be? It is always history which dictates the correctness of a decision, just as it did with the largely popular appointments of Pleat, Taylor, Levein, Allen and Holloway, and the somewhat less-celebrated arrivals of Milne, Lee, Little and (first time around) Pearson himself.

This decision, similarly, will be judged on how it sits within the club's history. In terms of how Pearson will be judged - well, that's pretty straightforward, isn't it? He's taken us up two divisions, kept us in the PL and been fired while at the peak of his success. The board, for their part, have invested plenty of money in us - whether we're a marketing device for King Power or not - and made some good decisions (the ones where they've either appointed or not sacked Pearson) and some poorer ones (the ones where they've edged Pearson out, or appointed anyone else). We know the story up to this point - and none of this is assumption, or guesswork, or deduction, it's all just history - but we don't know what comes next; the impact that this decision will have.

The sacking might work out fine for us, Pearson's career could divebomb, we could find out that he'd committed an act of gross misconduct, as you keep implying, and we could go on to bigger and better things for which Pearson and the next manager will get their respective shares of the credit, and the board will get a great deal more. We might come to see it as an inspired, proactive bit of judgement on their part. 

But we don't know any of this yet. We only know the story up to the point where they fired the successful manager and gave no reason for it. So yes, another manager - Hiddink, Lennon, AVB, Di Matteo, Phillips, O'Neill - could have a plan too. It might work as well as NP's, or as badly as Sousa's and Sven's. It might work even better. Evidence could come out which backs up some of the claims people are making. We could continue our meteoric rise. But this is where you keep struggling - on the difference between things that have happened and those which either haven't happened or, in some or other scenario devised, might have.

Refreshing .

Archived