Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Samilktray

Charlie Austin £12m bid rejected

Guest MattP

You're a joker..

The bookies agree with him, we're now a solid 7/2 shot to be relegated and 4/1 in places, we were a solid 4/1 last week and 9/2 in places.

It's great to see that even after just only three years people automatically have again assumed that spending big money = success.

Is that because of us being around the bottom of the table or at the bottom of the table for much of last season? Or the fact we don't have a manager at the minute?

A combination of both but the lack of a manager is the main issue. Combined with that I think it's a very difficult situation for a new manager to deal with, the transition will be very difficult I imagine.

And if we complete transfer deals without consulting whoever the new manger will be, which is looking quite conceivable, then I'm very worried.

A combination of both but the lack of a manager is the main issue. Combined with that I think it's a very difficult situation for a new manager to deal with, the transition will be very difficult I imagine.

And if we complete transfer deals without consulting whoever the new manger will be, which is looking quite conceivable, then I'm very worried.

Although empathise with that point it can depend on the manager

Klopp

“In Germany there is a clear separation between manager and sporting director and I think in principle this is very good. Jürgen does not like to speak to players’ agents or to carry out a transfer. So we have to see which is the most useful arrangement.”

Now whether that means he doesn't want to be consulted it's hard to tell but if the D of F and the manager share the same philosophy on game style and overall strategy which of course has to match the owners then it can probably work and does of course in Germany and elsewhere.

This just makes zero sense,

I really rate Austin and would love him here but my word like others have said what formation are we going for???

We can assume Nuge might be on his way out but Vardy, Ulloa, Kramaric and Okazaki are all going to want to play so its a big enough headache as it is, add Austin into the mix and its farcical!

Vardy was in the form of his life towards the end of the season, Ulloa was our top scorer, Kramaric was one of the most sought after strikers in Europe and only been here 6 months and Okazaki signed last week!

Really strange

This just makes zero sense,

I really rate Austin and would love him here but my word like others have said what formation are we going for???

We can assume Nuge might be on his way out but Vardy, Ulloa, Kramaric and Okazaki are all going to want to play so its a big enough headache as it is, add Austin into the mix and its farcical!

Vardy was in the form of his life towards the end of the season, Ulloa was our top scorer, Kramaric was one of the most sought after strikers in Europe and only been here 6 months and Okazaki signed last week!

Really strange

but it's not

2 start

2 get subbed on

1 misses out unless anyone is injured . suspended 

one who misses out is due to lack of form or tactical reasons or to rest them

at all points you have 5 strikers who are good enough to warrant a start so loads of competition for places and it also mitigate the risk of Okasaki not settling or Kram not stepping up as expected. - Now if we had signed 5 goalkeepers I'd agree with you.

The lack of a manager I imagine will be sorted pretty sharpish, and hopefully a better manager will be appointed.

The completion of transfers may be a good thing as it gives the manager options when he arrives? Plus the transfers would of been long planned and go thru the same procedures all are others go thru? Just with out Pearson speaking to them before they sign. It's only the manager that's left so far, others by the looks of things continue to there jobs.

but it's not

2 start

2 get subbed on

1 misses out unless anyone is injured . suspended 

one who misses out is due to lack of form or tactical reasons or to rest them

at all points you have 5 strikers who are good enough to warrant a start so loads of competition for places and it also mitigate the risk of Okasaki not settling or Kram not stepping up as expected. - Now if we had signed 5 goalkeepers I'd agree with you.

You think a club of our size would be able to keep a £9m and £8m striker happy just to be subbed on whilst one can't make the match squad for tactical reasons? 

Besides you don't regimentally sub two on and two off every game,

Personally I don't know how much we're planning on spending this summer but I'd rather keep Nugent as 5th choice and spend £12m on CM than sell Nugent on the cheap and have one of those strikers not able to make the bench 

Not even Man City or Chelsea have 5 strikers on their books

Florist are always on the look out for fans.  :rolleyes:

Gee I'm sorry that I'm willing to entertain the idea that a club with no manager, seemingly adopting an approach mastered by Hull and QPR in the last couple of seasons,  that struggled last year despite having a squad that was clearly completely behind the manager, might not be about to take the Premier League by storm. How dare I lack the blind optimism that any real fan should have, how I dare I refuse to be completely oblivious to the shambolic decision making that we've seen over the last few days.

The lack of a manager I imagine will be sorted pretty sharpish, and hopefully a better manager will be appointed.

The completion of transfers may be a good thing as it gives the manager options when he arrives? Plus the transfers would of been long planned and go thru the same procedures all are others go thru? Just with out Pearson speaking to them before they sign. It's only the manager that's left so far, others by the looks of things continue to there jobs.

Exactly, hopefully. I'm hopeful we'll appoint a better manager but I see no reason to believe we will personally.

The decision to sack Pearson has got to me, and hopefully this is just me wallowing in self-pity. But I don't see where this incredible level of optimism is coming from.

Gee I'm sorry that I'm willing to entertain the idea that a club with no manager, seemingly adopting an approach mastered by Hull and QPR in the last couple of seasons,  that struggled last year despite having a squad that was clearly completely behind the manager, might not be about to take the Premier League by storm. How dare I lack the blind optimism that any real fan should have, how I dare I refuse to be completely oblivious to the shambolic decision making that we've seen over the last few days.

Exactly, hopefully. I'm hopeful we'll appoint a better manager but I see no reason to believe we will personally.

The decision to sack Pearson has got to me, and hopefully this is just me wallowing in self-pity. But I don't see where this incredible level of optimism is coming from.

I suppose its because optimism is better than pessimism.  Whatever will be will be and all that.  May as well look on the bright side and be happy than the other way around.  We as fans cant directly affect what goes on pretty much, we are just along for the ride for better or worse.

Pearson going for the vast majority of fans is a mistake, but its one thats done now and we move on.  

You think a club of our size would be able to keep a £9m and £8m striker happy just to be subbed on whilst one can't make the match squad for tactical reasons? 

Besides you don't regimentally sub two on and two off every game,

Personally I don't know how much we're planning on spending this summer but I'd rather keep Nugent as 5th choice and spend £12m on CM than sell Nugent on the cheap and have one of those strikers not able to make the bench 

Not even Man City or Chelsea have 5 strikers on their books

I too would rather spend £12m on a centre mid. Problem is looks like they are willing to do that as well   :D

Teams playing 1 striker don't need 5 - if we continue to play 2 strikers we need 5. This doesn't however match the Hiddink ideology - oh well time will tell.

Who is authorizing these transfers?

Why do we need another striker?

ahahah what

More forwards

Another bloody Striker? 

Looking forward to seeing us play 4-1-5 next season

I think we're starting to see a pattern here - with the owners being involved more than anything.

I've learn't over my many years of supporting LCFC never to be optimistic because they invariable give you a big kick in the bollocks. Things have gone tits up many more times than they've provided some success maybe that's what keeps me going.

I shall therefore automatically expect the worst or at best no progress with any manager change and expect every player especially the expensive ones to fail that way I'm never disappointed and more often than not can sit there smugly knowing I was correct and that LCFC have matched my expectations.

On that I expect this season to be a catastrophic failure.

But the players on the pitch will still get my unconditional support.

It would seem post Pearson that we no longer have a keep it secret until it happens approach to transfers I guess it fits in with the maximise exposure business approach.

It would seem post Pearson that we no longer have a keep it secret until it happens approach to transfers I guess it fits in with the maximise exposure business approach.

I was thinking the same... Not sure if i like it though.

Shock horror we stop keeping deals secret when we announce a club record bid for one of the hottest properties in the current market just a few days after making a shockingly unpopular decision. I wonder why this could be ......

I can see why this sudden desire to spunk money up the wall left, right and centre would cause serious tension with somebody as fiscally conservative as Nigel Pearson.

Personally I like Austin, but to blow how many millions of pound notes on Okazaki last week, and to potentially commit to spend what will likely be nearer £20m on Austin this week, considering we already have the likes Vardy, Ulloa, Kramaric and Nugent is just daft IMO.

We always used to bang on about wanting to know more. Well here it is!

People on foxes did personally it never bothered me as clearly its better to keep these things secret. So other clubs don't scupper the deal.

Archived