Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Samilktray

Charlie Austin £12m bid rejected

Suppose its possible that Pearson had a sentimentality to his team and didn't want certain players going and the owners decided that they didn't want the close shave of what happened last season to happen in the coming one.  Of course changes doesn't guarantee anything but they might have thought that getting the bigger players in was the best way to achieve it.  Pearson didn't like it and well....that was that. 

We will soon know if we get in a replacement for Wes.

After all he did seem a little bit of a favourite of Pearson's.

Don't think we need another striker unless one leaves.

If that happens then spending 12M + would be worth it.

During the last game of the season he was so technically aware of the game, he made some very smart runs but as the rest of the team was dire he was never picked up.

I think almost 20 goals in your first season in the PL speaks for itself.

18 goals in a side as shit as QPR's is bloody impressive but do we really need another striker? Ulloa, Vardy, Okazaki and Kramaric is more than enough, especially as they will all want to be first choice, and that's discounting Nugent. 

He's better than any of our strikers and he proved it last season. How many we have doesn't really matter. If we can improve the position, then do it. 

Why on earth would NP have issues with strengthening the squad with the likes of Okazaki and Austin?.. Surely it makes HIS job easier and not more difficult?

NP has always based his squads on togetherness, just my opinion but I think we'll be spending more now than if we still had NP in charge.

austin isnt worth 12m let alone 15! 

He definitely is. 18 goals from 35 games last season is an excellent return, and career to date - 301 appearances, 180 goals. 

I just hope this is a Wood replacement, and not a hint of Vardy being shipped off which I fear it might

Think we're in danger of running before we can walk. If we get relegated after spunking ridiculous amounts of money up the wall we'll be in massive trouble.

Parachute Payments will be huge..

He definitely is. 18 goals from 35 games last season is an excellent return, and career to date - 301 appearances, 180 goals. 

I just hope this is a Wood replacement, and not a hint of Vardy being shipped off which I fear it might

I've a feeling Vardy will of kicked off massively over Nige being sacked. Wouldn't be at all shocked if we hear about a transfer request being handed in.

He is worth 12million and can't blame QPR pushing for more, as there is a lot of hype around him from last season and his England call-up.

Has a real ability to score all kinds of goals and would go straight in as our most lethal striker.

It would surely mean that Nugent would be moved on and even then would be difficult to keep the remaining strikers happy, but most clubs have to deal with that.

I actually don't think he would join us unless no other offers came in and QPR wanted the cash to balance their books some what. 

I am starting to buy into the theory that perhaps a big reason for Pearson's departure was his stubborness to say no to big signings such as this.

If we are still bidding and attempting to make signings without a manager, i do wonder whether we are looking at a coach rather than a traditional, "handle all" Manager. 

Hiddink could be the name to tip the balance in our favour with some of these ambitious signings too!

Obviously, but it still puts the long term future of the club in jeopardy if we over spend massively giving players long term contracts and don't manage to come back up in the following few seasons.

Why such a negative outlook?

I honestly doubt we will get relegated next season.

At worst I think we will finish 16th with the players we have on our books.

I've a feeling Vardy will of kicked off massively over Nige being sacked. Wouldn't be at all shocked if we hear about a transfer request being handed in.

Yes he would have a lot of respected and appreciation for Nige but..

He is at a club with ambitions to play in Europe

He is on a very good contract here

On a long length contract

Leicester (& Pearson) gave him his opportunity to be playing at this level

He is loved by the fans

Well liked team member

Although there may be a few players disappointed at the sacking of Pearson, I don't think they will be crying theirselves to sleep, throwing their toys out the pram and demanding to be transferred as people seem to think

LCFC will carry on, we will continue and progress without Pearson!

Archived