Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Samilktray

Charlie Austin £12m bid rejected

Was the 'fundamental difference in perspective' Pearson saying we didn't need 20 strikers? Even the owners said that we wouldn't likely be looking for new forwards but needed to strengthen the midfield and defence.

Starting to more and more look that way in my opinion.

John Rudkin director of football sorts the transfers out.my guess is they have a list of targets to bring to the club and want to bring them in quick before other sides start bidding.football has changed theses days the club bring the players in the manager has to work with what he's given.

Distraught, bewildered, hysterical, disbelieving, cautious, excited, and now massively aroused. The emotions I've felt in the past few days supporting this mental, mental club. And I love it.

Yes I said aroused. That's what the thought of £12m+ worth of Charlie Austin in a Leicester shirt will do.

Three out and out centre forwards, or one central striker with two wide forwards?

Because Austin isn't a wide forward, Okazaki doesn't strike me as a wide forward, Ulloa isn't a wide forward, Kramaric isn't a wide forward (though probably has the capability to do so) Vardy could do it, Nugent isn't.

This makes no sense to me what so ever. Bloody hell there were people unsure we even needed Okazaki, let alone Austin as well, unless it means Ulloa's off.

Trying to have faith but I can't see this all ending well.

I'm presuming Austin or Ulloa as a main central striker. The others could play as wide forwards, or tucked in just behind.

Looks like the end for Nuge, but the rest would fit in nicely, gives us great options.

3 Mill diff from what LCFC are offering and what QPR want? He will come as some middle ground will be met. It ain't a lot in the grand scheme of things.

Says to me that a coach is on the way and not a "Manager", the transfers are dealt with by Walsh/Rudkin, (They have not really let us down so far) and whatever coach arrives will be told to "Coach" them. 

Maybe this is why we couldn't buy a win for so long last year as players brought in were sourced by others than NP and maybe  he was told to get on with it.

If NP had been allowed to pick and choose who HE wanted, to suit his vision and stye of play, then maybe things could have been different last season. I guess it takes a lot longer to work with players that are "Given" to you rather than ones you really want which seems to match up with the type of season we had. Maybe this is why there has been some disharmony which has lead to NPs sacking. 

I'm sure whoever comes in to coach will be aware of the stance the owners are taking but, as mentioned somewhere above, it rarely ends well.

I could be, and am probably, wrong but this is a very strange week to be an LCFC fan.

I'm beginning to think NP was sacked because the 'fundamental differences' were regarding transfers. NP wanting to keep a similar squad with a few additions, and the owners wanting to splash the cash on lots of new players.

Says to me that a coach is on the way and not a "Manager", the transfers are dealt with by Walsh, (He's not really let us down so far) and whatever coach arrives will be told to "Coach" them. 

Would explain the signing of Simpson, never a Pearson player in a million years. But I'd have expected better from Walsh there too. Robinson?

I'm beginning to think NP was sacked because the 'fundamental differences' were regarding transfers. NP wanting to keep a similar squad with a few additions, and the owners wanting to splash the cash on lots of new players.

That makes alot of sense! Nigel gone = floodgates open. I rate Austin highly and think he would thrive with Mahrez/Albrighton but surely someone is off as we cannot keep Ulloa, Vardy, Okazaki. Kramaric and Austin happy!

You've got it mate.

That makes alot of sense! Nigel gone = floodgates open. I rate Austin highly and think he would thrive with Mahrez/Albrighton but surely someone is off as we cannot keep Ulloa, Vardy, Okazaki. Kramaric and Austin happy!

Nuge will be gone as much as I like him only 1 year left on contract get some cash for him

Yeah that's what I thought immediately. Owners seeing that Vardy had only scored 5 goals and telling Pearson we need him replacing with somebody similar but more prolific, Pearson saying he's an important player and will continue to play a huge part under him

Edit: Not saying Austin's that player, just an example of what I thought

I suppose you could look at it as last season we ended the season with:

Vardy

Kramaric

Ulloa

Nugent

Wood

Next season the aim could be:

Vardy

Kramaric

Ulloa

Okazaki

Austin

...with Nugent moving on, which with the arrival of Okazaki probably makes sense. Ulloa's form mid-season may have also been a factor. Perhaps they see Austin as an upgrade on Ulloa, which is hard to argue with.

I'm also not surprised to see us still making bids. The structure was always that Pearson would highlight areas to strengthen, Walsh would find them and Rudkin would sign them. 2 out of 3 of that chain is still in place and I'm sure Walsh and Rudkin are aware of the areas that Pearson wanted to improve in.

Why on earth would NP have issues with strengthening the squad with the likes of Okazaki and Austin?.. Surely it makes HIS job easier and not more difficult?

Yeah that's what I thought immediately. Owners seeing that Vardy had only scored 5 goals and telling Pearson we need him replacing with somebody similar but more prolific, Pearson saying he's an important player and will continue to play a huge part under him

Edit: Not saying Austin's that player, just an example of what I thought

Suppose its possible that Pearson had a sentimentality to his team and didn't want certain players going and the owners decided that they didn't want the close shave of what happened last season to happen in the coming one.  Of course changes doesn't guarantee anything but they might have thought that getting the bigger players in was the best way to achieve it.  Pearson didn't like it and well....that was that. 

Would explain the signing of Simpson, never a Pearson player in a million years. But I'd have expected better from Walsh there too. Robinson?

More like last minute desperation after we failed on loads of others.

Archived