Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Samilktray

Charlie Austin £12m bid rejected

If the club really want to take the club forward then they should spend whatever it takes to get the right manager in. Even if it means compensation to another club.

Everything evolves from having the right Manager. He'll be as good or better than Pearson in bringing in the players he wants. then everything else fall into place. 

As much as I like Nugent and Vardy, and I know they bring much more than goals to the team but they did score 10 goals between them last season. If we can get similar team attributes but with the added goals then we'd be silly not to consider replacing.

If the club really want to take the club forward then they should spend whatever it takes to get the right manager in. Even if it means compensation to another club.

Everything evolves from having the right Manager. He'll be as good or better than Pearson in bringing in the players he wants. then everything else fall into place.

Think the size of our owners wallets are getting ahead of your sense...

They have to want to come to us too...

To most people, we remain a team having just survived our first season in the prem with only 2 games to spare...

Honestly can't see him coming here at all. It will be a London team. 

More i think about it, more I agree.  QPR forum thinks he may even stay with them until Jan if we are only ones who meet their valuation. He is probably on a fair wage there anyway.

Also, as much as we see Leicester on the up, from an outsider's view, we are still a relegation threathened team next season and Austin could be switching from one relegated team to another one in a year's time.

Unlikely. 

for me i think nugent is on his way and okazaki will play just behind the strikers in a cf/cam role like mahrez did and those 2 will fight the that place with mahrez also able to play wide 

so with wood gone and maybe nugent out that leaves us with 

vardy

ulloa

kramaric 

so one more in would give us cover for each spot 

The more I think about it the more it seems odd to bid on him now and not at any point in the last few weeks. Pearson has gone and all of a sudden we bid £12M for a player we don't really need. Could this be the owners making a statement to any future managers that they intend to invest?

If so, they are fools because all it does it push up any asking prices, wage demands and agent fees for future deals.

Fools who are worth 1.65 billion

I wouldn't be surprised to see someone like Wolves go in for Nugent, given their interest in Wood. Nugent could probably do a job in helping get them a chance at promotion and is a far more complete player than Wood.

On the flipside, does it make sense to get rid of our emergency striker/back-up CAM to bring in yet another starting quality striker to compete with the other 4? That seems like it only adds to the problem. If we're in for Austin then I think there's a good chance that Ulloa or Vardy (or, dare I say, Kramaric) may get sold.

It's nigh on impossible to predict team formations and which players will be 1st choice without knowing who the manager is and their preferred style even then it not a given.

Also, as much as we see Leicester on the up, from an outsider's view, we are still a relegation threathened team next season and Austin could be switching from one relegated team to another one in a year's time.

Unlikely. 

I certainly see Leicester as more of a relegation threatened team than a side on the up as things stand.

I certainly see Leicester as more of a relegation threatened team than a side on the up as things stand.

Florist are always on the look out for fans.  :rolleyes:

I disagree I think we have great potential to achieve a better finish than last season. There are teams in worse positions than us, even with managers. I think all this will blow over tbh

Think the size of our owners wallets are getting ahead of your sense...

They have to want to come to us too...

To most people, we remain a team having just survived our first season in the prem with only 2 games to spare...

I take your last point but money still talks loudest at the end of the day. Look what Mourinho has done for Chelsea. also Ferguson for utd after success with Aberdeen. Remember what Clough done for Forest and Derby.

My point is good mangers guarantee success. Success breeds success on and off the field. That what makes them invaluable to any club. Offer the right manager 8 or10 mil a year and they'll come, instead of employing managers on 1 to 2 mil a year.

Is that because of us being around the bottom of the table or at the bottom of the table for much of last season? Or the fact we don't have a manager at the minute?

Archived