Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Samilktray

Charlie Austin £12m bid rejected

People saying that Austin isn't worth 15 million are cringeworthy. If Vardy had scored 18 this season for us and someone come in with a 12 to 15 million bid we'd go nuts collectively if we let him go because the owners saw that as a good offer.

I said this exact thing to a friend of mine yesterday.  Imagine if Vardy had scored 18 league goals this season and another club was trying to get him for 12 million.  We would all be saying he's worth at least 15 I bet.

I said this exact thing to a friend of mine yesterday.  Imagine if Vardy had scored 18 league goals this season and another club was trying to get him for 12 million.  We would all be saying he's worth at least 15 I bet.

With a year left on his contract, I doubt we'd get more

15 million for a player out of contract in 12 months is not good business. Great season last season, yes but there are many one season wonder strikers who turned out to be shite - Andy Johnson, Michael Ricketts, James Beattie etc.

Austin has been prolific everywhere he's been. Plus £15 is good business when you consider the asking price for Harry Kane.

it's not really, is it. 

one season where he scored a good amount of goals for a team that went down and he's worth 15m? and that's cheap? 

also loving that harry kane is not a proven premier league striker cos it was flash in the pan and only lasted a season, yet austin is the most proven premier league striker there has ever been cos he scored goals for a whole season. this place.

Thing with him is he has scored goals no matter what team he's played in, no matter what league he is in, and 26 is reasonably young. Not that I can't appreciate your argument around it being only one season at top level.

Austin has been prolific everywhere he's been. Plus £15 is good business when you consider the asking price for Harry Kane.

£15 would represent value for money I guess, yeah.

Couldn't agree more with redsoxuk.

Whoever he plays for, he will do well and this will be the best opportunity we get to sign an out and out quality striker. The amount of chances we missed last season would reduce with him in the team.

Really surprised at some people's lack of enthusiasm in signing him. Would happily get rid of ulloa and Nugent for him of required.

If Pearson was still the manager, most people would be wetting themselves with excitement, and coming out with "Get it done Nige", but because he`s been sacked, for some people, anything the club or owners do is going to be wrong!   

If Pearson was still the manager, most people would be wetting themselves with excitement, and coming out with "Get it done Nige", but because he`s been sacked, for some people, anything the club or owners do is going to be wrong!   

Nigel Pearson has an excellent recruitment record. We don't really know who specifically wants Austin. It's hardly surprising that people are a little bit less excited than they would be, add to that the fact we have ample options upfront and it's easy to feel flat about it.

I'd love us to sign Austin!

Pearson or no Pearson.

But how many strikers do we need?

The team needs strengthening in other areas too and I'm hoping that we do some business soon especially at RB and Centre Mid.

Now Pearson has gone sentiments have along with it. It wouldn't surprise me if Nugent is shown the door, possibly even Ulloa too.

Now Pearson has gone sentiments have along with it. It wouldn't surprise me if Nugent is shown the door, possibly even Ulloa too.

Nugent most likely, Ulloa no unless we get a good fee. Ulloa was watched by Walsh, scouted by Walsh, impressed both Walsh and Pearson vs LCFC when Brighton played down the KP. I also remember Walsh saying he asked Wasyl and Morgan who was the hardest man to play against tho season in the champ, they both said Ulloa. He's a Walshy signing for Leicester first and foremost.

I'd love us to sign Austin!

Pearson or no Pearson.

But how many strikers do we need?

The team needs strengthening in other areas too and I'm hoping that we do some business soon especially at RB and Centre Mid.

I wonder if the club foresee a departure with these bids.

CM should be and I imagine is the priority.

Sky Bet have us as second favourites to get him to sign in this window at 7/1. The favourites are West Ham at 6/1 and just behind us are Chelsea at 8/1. Not that this means anything of course, but it does look like this could be a possibility.

We don't need any more strikers. As many have already said on here it's much more important now to secure some CMs and potentially another CB.

Sky Bet have us as second favourites to get him to sign in this window at 7/1. The favourites are West Ham at 6/1 and just behind us are Chelsea at 8/1. Not that this means anything of course, but it does look like this could be a possibility.

We don't need any more strikers. As many have already said on here it's much more important now to secure some CMs and potentially another CB.

If West Ham can keep Andy Carroll fit then they won't need Austin. However can see them selling Carroll now Bilic is in charge!

Archived