Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Samilktray

Charlie Austin £12m bid rejected

Its a no lose situation for me anyway.  Sign him.  Even if we go down you know he will go down with 10 goals under his belt, thats pretty much a given so we would recoup the majority of what we pay for him right now.  If we don't go down and he goes on to better things a year or two down the line we might well pick up a bit more than we initially paid out.

You're a long time dead! Lets go for it, i don't give a shit if the club is going in a hundred years, I want an FA Cup win and a european trip to some where with some shit hot slags and high quality gear!

Dont think Skegness are ever gonna make it into the Europa League.

Its clearly going to be Hiddink

I really hope it's Cambiasso. With the managers he's played for and his experience he clearly has the know how to manage any team. Add that to the contacts he'd have both in Europe and South America, it could be a really exciting times for our club. Someone else like Walsh could assist with the other side of things. Leaving him to concentrate on the Team.

It's been obvious from the start that the owners wanted quick success. The only reason NP came back was because he was assured he would get his own way in how things were run and also he felt he had unfinished business. Namely the restructuring of the club. Sadly he's gone now and the Owners are flexing their cheque book. Clearly they haven't learned much from the Sven fiasco. We will enjoy some success I have no doubt about that.for how long nobody knows.

Remember Coventry, Forest, Portsmouth. It could easily end the same for us. The only saving grace is the Owners have deep pockets.

The Sven fiasco is almost a completely different kettle of fish now that we are find ourselves in the wealthiest league in the world. If we retain our status this year we take a share of the 5.1bn an increase of 70% so I don't see how we could possibly end the same as Cov, Forest and Portsmouth. Even we are relegated then we'll receive parachute payments which will have also increased.

Oh my, striker is the last position we need reinforcements in. Owners interfering in football matters does not work.

As I said before, pretty sure it's Rudkin making these bids. Really doubt the owners have much to do with it. 

Is he better that what we have?

Answer is Yes, thank you - done

So just keep signing forwards until we're loaded up with them and can't use them all? Pointless activity. We should be looking elsewhere.

Pure speculation, stupid post

Fine. Signing players without a manager - silliness.

The more I think about it the more it seems odd to bid on him now and not at any point in the last few weeks. Pearson has gone and all of a sudden we bid £12M for a player we don't really need. Could this be the owners making a statement to any future managers that they intend to invest?

If so, they are fools because all it does it push up any asking prices, wage demands and agent fees for future deals.

The more I think about it the more it seems odd to bid on him now and not at any point in the last few weeks. Pearson has gone and all of a sudden we bid £12M for a player we don't really need. Could this be the owners making a statement to any future managers that they intend to invest?

If so, they are fools because all it does it push up any asking prices, wage demands and agent fees for future deals.

Could be any number of reasons.

We've received a bit for a player in the last few days and we are looking for a replacement before we accept the bid (to preempt the why would we sell without a manager, the player could have requested to go).

He could have been a target all along. But we had others in mind first of all, they fell through so we moved on to him.

We could have been waiting for the Wood deal to go through so that we had a striker off the books.

I could go on.

Not really. We've gone significantly lower than QPRS asking price and our other deals are reasonable. It's not like we're telling clubs to name their price. All the players we're going after are expecting to move so it's not as if the selling clubs will be in a position to ramp up the price.

The bid hasn't been very well received over at the QPR forum They think that £12 mil is an insult as we paid £9/10 mil for Ulloa 

I say we go back stick with the £12 mil but also offer Nugent?

That way we get a better player and unload one of the strikers to?

Wouldn't say we don't really need him. He is better than anything we have on last season's form and we should always be looking to improve on what we have and he is a step up from Nugent who he would likely replace.

Also, people seem to be worried that if we are bidding/signing a striker, then we aren't going to sign players for other positions. Kante looks possible again now and I'm sure we will address other areas too.

One thing we can't forget is that while Walsh is still here doing our scouting and suggesting the players we should sign, we are in good hands as he has proved over the years!

The bid hasn't been very well received over at the QPR forum They think that £12 mil is an insult as we paid £9/10 mil for Ulloa 

I say we go back stick with the £12 mil but also offer Nugent?

That way we get a better player and unload one of the strikers to?

But do we really want Nuge to have to go through with playing for QPR? He deserves better. 

Archived