Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ramboacdc

Martin O'Neill

No! He's bloody awful

His infectious enthusiasm & drive was contagious which brought him his success here, he's lost that and his tactics are woeful in the modern game.

I kno0w a few Irish fans who would pay for a private jet to fly him over.

why no Karanka links?

I think it could work - we have a similar hard-working squad from his days here. I'd rather him than a few of the other candidates, and I'd much rather we get someone in sooner with a chance to work with the squad and maybe have a say in who to bring in before it's too late

I actually think MON with Walsh and Shakespeare would be a good team, as long as O'Neil was willing to accept that things were working the way they were in sports science terms and didn't stop that practice.

He's a top man manager and motivator, with the rest of the backroom staff in hand I'd be happy for him to come back without JR.

I think O'Neil is intelligent and honest enough to know whether or not he's really up for the job, he won't want to tarnish his reputation so if he does accept the job you can be sure that he's feeling confident and up for the challenge.

A confident and up for it Martin O'Neil is a hell of a force. Would take him as long as he didn't take too much persuading.

I think he's had his time here. If he came back and we went down he would be remembered for that rather that what he achieved before. 

But what about Pearson? He did great things in his first spell. Came back, did even greater things. If we took MON on he'd need a bit of time to adjust but he's always got the job done

No! He's bloody awful

His infectious enthusiasm & drive was contagious which brought him his success here, he's lost that and his tactics are woeful in the modern game.

I kno0w a few Irish fans who would pay for a private jet to fly him over.

why no Karanka links?

He's not awful, but Ireland aren't exactly pulling up trees in the Euro qualifiers. And Sunderland have had struggles with a few managers, not just MON. Be nice just to see a decision has been made and we can move forward, feels a bit like the club are treading water at the moment.

But what about Pearson? He did great things in his first spell. Came back, did even greater things. If we took MON on he'd need a bit of time to adjust but he's always got the job done

How can O'Neill achieve more than he did? 

I actually think MON with Walsh and Shakespeare would be a good team, as long as O'Neil was willing to accept that things were working the way they were in sports science terms and didn't stop that practice.

He's a top man manager and motivator, with the rest of the backroom staff in hand I'd be happy for him to come back without JR.

Is... Was

He needs to get that confidence & enthusiasm back, if he does I expect he'll be able to the job we require... but if it's the MoN from the end of his Villa reign, through Sunderland & Ireland.... No thanks

cant believe some of you wouldn't want him back he is a legend.

He would be perfect as his perfered formation (5-3-2 with wing backs) is the one we finished so well with last season so the players will not have to adjust to a new way of playing.

Also he would sort out our two weakest parts of our game, attacking and defending set pieces.

PS you cant use his record at Sunderland against him as every single manager who has managed them in the last 10 years has been awful maybe it is something to do with their players.

How can O'Neill achieve more than he did? 

How can anyone though? Given backing and time, there's always a chance, and the man shone in cup competitions. I'd have faith in him. Even if he's not doing great with Ireland and didn't wow at Sunderland, it might be a case of we are the club he clicks at.

Imagine we took him on, finished next season 12-14th and won the League Cup. Not out the question

How can anyone though? Given backing and time, there's always a chance, and the man shone in cup competitions. I'd have faith in him. Even if he's not doing great with Ireland and didn't wow at Sunderland, it might be a case of we are the club he clicks at.

Imagine we took him on, finished next season 12-14th and won the League Cup. Not out the question

It's not out the question but it could also go the other way too. I'm not sure he would want to tarnish his reputation here, and I think the same way.

Archived