Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ramboacdc

Martin O'Neill

Rather have Preki

you would.  Who do you expect?  Give a name or shut up wit all the negative you give.  Let's have a real opinion rather than just your constant NO.

The squad certainly suits him. He'll have the fans on side and might feel he has something to prove after a couple of poor jobs.

There are enough positives for me. Get him back.

Agree, it's not like MOan has been away from the game for 10/15 years either.

The squad certainly suits him. He'll have the fans on side and might feel he has something to prove after a couple of poor jobs.

There are enough positives for me. Get him back.

Yep. This for me. I'd be delighted if he returned.

odds on everywhere now. exchanges staying just on the side of odds against though. 

This has all come from an unknown source saying he is being interviewed right?

this has come from us being told there is an interview today..then the oneill money started. 

Dont  know  who Bob Bradley is. If the playing style suits him I would consider him but will the owners take the footballing side into account? Have they sought advice from the coaches and players like Cambiasso?

I think the present squad is important and I am sure all the candidates have seen videos so will have some idea of what they must do. If the style does not suit them why apply just to change the whole team and upset the progress made.

I'm sure there are better options... And look, we don't know for sure that he's coming back (anything could be happening: someone could be messing around with the betting as a joke).

But if Martin O'Neill does make a comeback, I can't be upset with this, because IT'S MARTIN O'NEILL.

I'll echo other comments that if he keeps Shakey and Walsh, by god, it just might work...

...but I'm getting carried away. I'm talking in pure hypotheticals here. I'll start acting silly again when I see some legit news.

I'm sold.

With our scouting and available funds I'm confident we will improve under him.

Liked the team he built/was building at Villa before he left there. My only slight concern is that the owners don't interfere too much as didn't he leave Villa as they sold players behind his back?

Normally, I'd have said no. 

However, considering the other, realistic, options I think it's frankly crazy to be against him coming back.

We aren't going to get someone like Klopp, Koeman or Laudrup. Many people have agreeed Lennon is too inexperienced, and Hiddink and Ranieri are too old.

Who else is there?

If he comes in and back room staff stay in place, I'd be relatively hopeful that we wouldn't have a shit season. 

This has all come from an unknown source saying he is being interviewed right?

A good source, but saying someone IS being interviewed, not MoN

Dont  know  who Bob Bradley is. If the playing style suits him I would consider him but will the owners take the footballing side into account? Have they sought advice from the coaches and players like Cambiasso?

I think the present squad is important and I am sure all the candidates have seen videos so will have some idea of what they must do. If the style does not suit them why apply just to change the whole team and upset the progress made.

Hence being a Swansea or Southampton, where changing the manager is irrelevant as they're part of the bigger picture, as opposed to being a the bigger picture like NP, SAF etc

I'm 65 and remember most of the old managers. And there is my point, Martin O'Neil is one of the "old managers" it’s time to get away from the past and look to the future with a younger man, one that wants to make his mark. Not appoint someone that has no need or desire too.  

This x10000000.

Archived