Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ramboacdc

Martin O'Neill

O'Neill as Director of Football shared with his Ireland role?

Lennon as head coach?.After the speculation this week we could so much worse but it all depends whether he still has the motivation.

Anyway 5/4 on skybet and odds on at other sites if that means anything

1/4 on William Hill, went from 8/1 to that extremely quickly

MON has had such a lot going on in his life of recent yrs. A lot of it sad, it makes me wonder whether he now would like to come back to a club in which he is genuinely held in great affection and with owners and a squad to go forward with.

O'Neill with Shakespeare and Walsh could work wonderfully, but unfortunately I can't see them staying such is their loyalty to Pearson.

You never know, they may Pearson's blessing to stay on if they are wanted, NP may feel some guilt about his/his son's behaviour costing his friends their positions also.

Also, Shakey and Walsh may want to stay in the premier league. 

One fox on a shirt

The coca cola cup still gleaming

15 years of hurt

Never stopped me dreaming

But I still see that tackle from Walsh

And when cottee scored

Heskey belting the ball

And muzzy dancing

One fox one shirt

The coca cola cup still gleaming

15 years of hurt

Never stopped me dreaming

I know that was then

But it could be again

He's coming home

He's coming home

He's coming martins coming home.

some people saying he's not as motivated as he used to be when he was here.

He was lauded here and rightly so, and if he came back I think he would revert to how he used to be personality-wise because of the previous connections.

Id be happy with this appointment to be honest.

You never know, they may Pearson's blessing to stay on if they are wanted, NP may feel some guilt about his/his son's behaviour costing his friends their positions also.

Also, Shakey and Walsh may want to stay in the premier league. 

lol  lol  lol

There have been many reasons to sack Pearson, mainly the 13 game winless run combined with the FOAD/McArthur stuff & yes even the Thai video, especially involving his son.

While many people could agree there were sound reasons to sack him, especially combined... I'd understand that & on many levels even agree with it

But anyone who clings to that as the reason is kidding themselves.

They saw a Sven 2.0 available and thought all their Christmases had come at once, and decided to get rid thinking he'll come but he turned them down. Piss poor decision making by them. Lets hope plan b, c, or z turn out ok

I want progression and someone who will work well with this squad, not someone who will tear everything apart and try playing possession football. It won't work.

O'Neill will work well with this squad as it already has the togetherness, camaraderie and work ethic that he likes in a team. He also likes 3-5-2 and playing direct at times (people don't like to admit it, but we were very long-ball at times last season).

He would demand the respect of the squad instantly, I'm sure of it. He also shares something with Pearson, that air about him that players find infectious. So many times it was said during O'Neill's time here that the players would run through brick walls for him. This squad did that for Pearson and I'm confident they'd do it for O'Neill.

We have to accept the facts and realities of the squad and infrastructure we have in place currently. Can we really see a Hiddink, Di Matteo, Ranieri etc honestly working well within it?[/quote I like this post v much. Cant agree more. The past players we have since seen coming out and praising the club for its great spirit and togetherness. Colleymore Flowers etc. Both of MON era. Sounds v similar to what nige had going on

I'm 65 and remember most of the old managers. And there is my point, Martin O'Neil is one of the "old managers" it’s time to get away from the past and look to the future with a younger man, one that wants to make his mark. Not appoint someone that has no need or desire too.  

O Neill with Walsh in the Robertson role and Shakespeare with them look a very good set up, we have a great back room set up too, only problem is if Pearson takes a job elsewhere would our coaches follow him?

Archived