LCFC FOX Posted 19 July 2015 Posted 19 July 2015 Never! He will forever hold legendary status for THAT goal against Palace. is that the one where he scooped it in the air?
MaxLERenard Posted 19 July 2015 Posted 19 July 2015 Roger Davies (was he our record signing at one time?) Mick Duffy
foxes_rule1978 Posted 19 July 2015 Posted 19 July 2015 Is it weird that I really wish I'd seen Junior Lewis play? (I mean, I assume I never saw him play, the way everyone talks about him I'd have remembered it). Whenever a thread like this comes up he's always mentioned more than anyone else. I've seen some utterly dreadful shit watching the City but I'm strangely fascinated that this guy can be (seemingly) so definitively the worst. He must have been logic-defyingly bad. He was bad, you could literally walk down your street pick the first person you see, stick them in midfield and they would be more effective ...
Kitchandro Posted 19 July 2015 Posted 19 July 2015 is that the one where he scooped it in the air? Blatantly trying to clear it if he was even aware the ball was in play.
Foxhateram Posted 19 July 2015 Posted 19 July 2015 is that the one where he scooped it in the air? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=60NB9oiOkDEKitch beat me to it.
SystonFox Posted 19 July 2015 Posted 19 July 2015 Most players I was gonna add have been added MDV Elvis Hammond (ankle) Peter Gilbert Josh Low Joe Hammill Momo Sylla Andrew Johnson More recently ; Harry Kane
Foxhateram Posted 19 July 2015 Posted 19 July 2015 Most players I was gonna add have been added MDV, For this he cannot be there Elvis Hammond (ankle) Peter Gilbert Josh Low Joe Hammill Momo Sylla Andrew Johnson More recently ; Harry Kane [https://youtu.be/Y9FYoODCQZU]https://youtu.be/Y9FYoODCQZU Hignett can't be either https://youtu.be/ADJsvWOF5RA"]https://youtu.be/ADJsvWOF5RA
SystonFox Posted 19 July 2015 Posted 19 July 2015 MDV was a terrible striker. Yes he finished off Spurs for us on that occasion but he was the epitome of dog shit. That era 2004-2008 is summed up by MDV. Did he really score 9 in a game once for Heerenveen?
bovril Posted 19 July 2015 Posted 19 July 2015 Remember Jarrett and Johnson in midfield with potentially low on one wing and porter on the other. Dear god, it was painful to watch. I don't think that midfield ever happened. Had it done, I reckon the universe would have folded in on itself.
January19th1974 Posted 19 July 2015 Posted 19 July 2015 Tommy English has to be the worst player to ever put on a city shirt. I once watched him dribble down the right wing, with no one in front of him, and he ended up kicking the ball out of play. 44 games he lasted. Now that's bad.
Foxhateram Posted 19 July 2015 Posted 19 July 2015 MDV was a terrible striker. Yes he finished off Spurs for us on that occasion but he was the epitome of dog shit. That era 2004-2008 is summed up by MDV. Did he really score 9 in a game once for Heerenveen? I think these guys might argue your point.https://youtu.be/V8pUaabzIjU"]https://youtu.be/V8pUaabzIjU https://youtu.be/A0KVeRbSG80"]https://youtu.be/A0KVeRbSG80 For the record I also didn't rate him, but will remember that goal fondly forever.
Foxhateram Posted 19 July 2015 Posted 19 July 2015 I don't think that midfield ever happened. Had it done, I reckon the universe would have folded in on itself. I have already posted a quote to prove that it did happen above haha. Glombard may have been in place of low, still awful!
Wymsey Posted 19 July 2015 Posted 19 July 2015 Joe Mattock. I remember a couple of posters on here thinking he'd be like Schlupp, yet after that bar/nightclub incident in Leicester his career somewhat faded away. Quite crap for us, too.
Leicester_Numan Posted 19 July 2015 Posted 19 July 2015 We've got a thread for the best ever players for City, how about a top ten of the worst players you've seen in a CITY shirt (not just 'the worst players') I'll have a go: 1. Spider Kalac 2. Lee Marshall 3. Brian Carey 4. That ginger haired lad on loan from Man City (Edit....Ryan McGivern) 5. Akinbadbyi 6. Matt Mills 7. Neil Danns 8. Gabor Bori 9. Harry Kane (yes, for us he was dreadful) 10. Paul Reid Amidst many many more... Paul Reid scored some cracking goals for us, how about replacing him with Ashley Ward or Wayne Clarke neither of which could score in a brothel
hackneyfox Posted 19 July 2015 Posted 19 July 2015 Tommy English- swapped for Melrose but it was almost Lineker Trevor Benjamin - 1 million pounds but 'he's one for the future and he's an England u-21 player' (only because Twatlor had been u-21 manager) Can't believe that someone claimed that Kisnorbo & Hume were decent players, Kisnorbo cleared the ball and it came straight back, and Hume was neither a midfield player or striker, and I'll never forgive him for that penalty.
Sethor Posted 19 July 2015 Posted 19 July 2015 Frank Stapleton didn't play for Leicester did he? Do you mean Ricky Sappleton? You are right! I meant Martin Keown! Frank Stapleton didn't play for Leicester did he? Do you mean Ricky Sappleton? You are right! I meant Martin Keown!
Stuntman_Mike Posted 19 July 2015 Posted 19 July 2015 You could fill a whole thread with full backs: Alan Maybury Patrick Van Aanholt Danny Simpson Ryan McGivern Robbie Neilson Darren Kenton Kerrea Gilbert Michael Lamey John Pantsil plus many more oi I always felt he got unfair abuse. Fair enough, he wasn't amazing and prone to the odd mistake but he was generally fairly steady.
katieakita Posted 19 July 2015 Posted 19 July 2015 Wasn't Wayne Clarke part of the Lineker deal as was Tommy English for Jim Melrose. Mark Blake was once our record signing, pretty doggo think some of the McClintock players have got off lightly.
Foxhateram Posted 19 July 2015 Posted 19 July 2015 I always felt he got unfair abuse. Fair enough, he wasn't amazing and prone to the odd mistake but he was generally fairly steady.Yer but his hair was really offensive!
Kitchandro Posted 19 July 2015 Posted 19 July 2015 Tommy English- swapped for Melrose but it was almost Lineker Trevor Benjamin - 1 million pounds but 'he's one for the future and he's an England u-21 player' (only because Twatlor had been u-21 manager) Can't believe that someone claimed that Kisnorbo & Hume were decent players, Kisnorbo cleared the ball and it came straight back, and Hume was neither a midfield player or striker, and I'll never forgive him for that penalty. Bit harsh. Kisnorbo was relatively good in that team. As for Hume, frankly, we'd have been down before that anyway without him.
Guest Electric Yetis Posted 19 July 2015 Posted 19 July 2015 Kevin Pressman. Lee Marshall Rufus Brevett Jacob Laursen Peter Gilbert Andy Welsh Andy Johnson Stephen Hughes Josh Low Nathan Blake Elvis Hammond
Stuntman_Mike Posted 19 July 2015 Posted 19 July 2015 Yer but his hair was really offensive! Good point. *edits top 10*
Foxhateram Posted 19 July 2015 Posted 19 July 2015 Tommy English- swapped for Melrose but it was almost Lineker Trevor Benjamin - 1 million pounds but 'he's one for the future and he's an England u-21 player' (only because Twatlor had been u-21 manager) Can't believe that someone claimed that Kisnorbo & Hume were decent players, Kisnorbo cleared the ball and it came straight back, and Hume was neither a midfield player or striker, and I'll never forgive him for that penalty. Really? Kisnorbo was pretty solid for us! Him and McCauley together worked quite well. As for Hume he scored some pretty important goals to keep us up when the team I posted were in trouble, he also partnered well with Fryatt the season after.
katieakita Posted 19 July 2015 Posted 19 July 2015 Go up to the history section look at 77-78 season and pretty much take your pick some horror stories there, wonder how many penalties David Webb gave away.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.