Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Col city fan

Top ten of City's WORST ever players (ie the players to play the worst in a City shirt)

Guest Mee-9

Lamey? He was pretty poor. 

McGivern has to be one of the top three, that own goal against Ipswich  :blink:

Guest ttfn

Special mentions for:

Jesse Lingard - Scouse has already said it but he was just awful. Didn't look like he wanted to be there at all.

Ryan McGivern - Repeatedly terrible but kept getting picked for a while. Berner must have been injured at this stage.

Mark de Vries - he was just rubbish. Seemed like a lovely bloke but was slow, cumbersome, poor in front of goal and had a poor touch. At least he had the Cup game against Spurs (and then actually against Charlton in a later round he was an absolute beast as well).

Apart from that there really are too many to mention. Looking back at the teams from 2003-8 there was not a single player who would have got anywhere near our 25 man Premier League squad last season at the time.

I agree with all of those Dan except for Maybury who wasn't actually too bad during that dreadful period. Michael Lamey though, he had the worst positioning sense I have ever witnessed.

Alan maybury was a complete disaster.

He looked like he would get s red card every game - not in a hard man vinnie Jones way but clumsy brainless tackles way

The worst era in our whole history was the mid 2000's ... you are looking at the worst then all would pretty much be from there.

Momo Sylla - Headless chicken, and I don't think I have seen any player lose the ball so often. If he was in an empty car park he would still run into traffic and get blocked in

Stephen Hughes - Was good at passing the ball a few yards sideways or backwards but in any other direction he always manages to find an opposition shirt when it seemed even impossible to do so

Elvis Hammond - Another headless chicken, he probably still wouldn't score if the goal spanned from corner flag to corner flag truly terrible player.

Junior Lewis - Pub player, and calling him completely useless would be an understatement.

Kevin Pressman - Beaten by the other goalie from the other side of the pitch, atrocious and never gave our defence any confidence in him.

Ryan McGivern - Well if you want to teach someone not what to do when playing has a full back this guy would be perfect, caught out of position often, couldn't tackle and was light weight. Could make the worst of wingers look good. A joy to play against that is for sure.

Gabor Bori - One game he looked decent, his first game from then on I think I have seen better midfielders up the local park. Think he spent more time watching the game than the fans, nothing came through him and the game just past him by.

Yann Kermogant - Watch the penalty and that alone gets him on this list, along with the fact he contributed very little for us. The truth is he was NEVER decent.

DJ Campbell - Teach kids or your wife about the offside rule, well this guy would be prime example. He managed to get beyond the defence but never with the ball.

Joe 'going on to bigger things' Mattock - Well if he was dedicated like he was with being a complete A*** than maybe he would have been decent.

Honourable Mentions go to

Akinbiyi

Lee Marshall

Graham Fenton

Levi Porter

Sergio Hellings

Kelvin Etuhu

Can't believe one fan said Sinclair! Apart from a couple of worldie own goals he was a very good player for us, great pace and could make a fantastic last ditch tackle, Carey was shocking. And the Levein era was just full of shit players.

Archived