Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Dan LCFC

Football Manager 2016

Anybody give me advice on how to get forward more in matches without being (much) less solid at the back? Formations but mainly instructions. Am a lot more solid at the back this season and started the season off very well because I was able to go forward but for some reason without changing anything my team seems hesitant to go forward.. or when I say go forward I just mean have shots on goal (I only watch commentary).

Actually watch games! Have a few more attacking roles, but without seeing your whole set up including roles/duties/mentality/fluidity it's hard to tell.

If a player has a bad touch they're virtually unusable, Vardy all be clean through and overrun it into the keeper.

Fuchs is a shite defender too.

Finished my first season finished 6th. Vardy and Mahrez the stand out players. Played Fuchs and Chilwell equal amounts at LB. Chilwell has got 4 and a half star potential on mine so excited to see where he ends up. So far in pre season ive sold James - 4 mill to Boro, Kante - 5 mill to Hamburg, Okazaki - 6.5 mill to Freiburg, and Ulloa to Genoa - 2 mill. Signed Benteke on loan! Somehow he was loan listed by Liverpool, Matio Fernandez from Fiorentina - 6 mill, Jenkinson - 3.5 mill, Insigne 15 mill and damagoj vida for 9 mill. Happy with my transfers so interesting to see what can be achieved

Had one of my most satisfying seasons on any FM with Rapid. Having finished 11th (out of 14) last year and having a bit of money to spend I decided it was about time to really start replacing my "okay" players with better players. I only really found defenders and a goalkeeper (Vladislav Stoyanov, Bulgaria/Ludogorets) during the winter to sign on a free for next season. Worked wonders. Had to spent a bit of money on a decent striker. Had my kindest fixture list yet which seemed to help. Basically I finished 3rd, 2pts short of doubling my points tally from the previous season (29>56) and only 3pts short of Steaua Bucharest. I lost 2 games all season, one of my last 24, unbeaten at home (infact i've only lost 1 home game in the last 17 months), conceded 16 in 26 (5 in 13 at home). Now the league has split and I have moved from 3rd to 2nd, Steaua have fallen from 1st to 3rd lol. I actually haven't lost to any of the teams i'm now in the league with.

I think I'm gonna build my own database. Bored of England and Spain and have never found Germany hard enough.

At the risk of going all 1939, I'm thinking of an expanded Germany bringing in Swiss, Austrian, Dutch and maybe Danish teams and upping the rep of the big German clubs to make it more challenging. Give them more tv money.

I want to play as Basel as they've got a great little team and set up but I don't want to just piss the Swiss league every year.

Sounds decent but I always lose interest when I edit the database, just doesn't feel right.

I'm thinking about starting as Le Harve or Strasbourg, still not sure though, never been keen on managing in the French leagues. Might start as an Austrian club.

Problem is, France and Germany just have too few teams that stay competitive. I want to be challenged. You always get that in England and Spain but that's it.

I don't like fantasy leagues normally but I reckon if I throw in the likes of ajax and psv and pump up the reps of Wolfsburg and Hamburg etc I might be able to keep it challenging.

My lcfc team that finished 6th has just been poached from every angle, had to sell an unhappy mahrez to man city for 50m, Peruzzi to bayern for 18m.... replaced them both for 26m bringing in kyle walker and iker Munian, also brought in papasthatopoulos and Aaron Cresswell to complete my team for an asult on this euro cup

Jesus Christ, Leicester are shite on this.

Don't agree.

Even vaguely.

Huth, Kasper, Moore, Albrighton and Mahrez are all still regular members of my team as I look to finish top five for the second year running.

Vardy has been upgraded for the full release and is now even better although will also sell for twenty odd mil if you want to rebuild, as will Riyad.

Normally I clear out all of the original players in the first two windows but really the only people I think are doggo from the start and very disappointing are Kante and Drinks who have been hard done to.

Oh and Vichai pumps money in.

I'd say we're a very good team to pick in the prem this year, whoever you support.

Archived