Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Dan LCFC

Football Manager 2016

It works brilliantly. The support duty doesn't mean the player will not attack, from my experience it means that the player will help with both defensive and attacking duties which is important for the tactic to work. The only all out defensive players on the pitch are the centre backs, when we hit a team on the counter they stay deep but the rest of the team bomb forward to support the two wide men and the striker who are rampant when attacking. In defence we have everyone apart from Vardy behind the ball relentlessly closing down. I'm trying to emulate our real life approach and this is as close as I can get.

Started again last night.

I went with a standard 4-4-2, attacking wingers and supporting wing backs.

Sold Vardy for £17.5 million to Monaco, I'll post my signings later on.

I've played 12/13 games, I've won 5, lost 4 and drew the rest, sitting in 8th.

Kramaric is banging them in, Mahrez has been immense on the left wing.

Played 15, won 7, drew 4 & lost 4, I sit 8th.

I'm also into the semi-finals of the carling cup where I have Chelsea (the other semi is Spurs v Man City).

Transfers in:

Balanta (£2.8m)

Andres Chavez (2.9m)

Sam Johnstone (loan)

Gino Peruzzi (£3.7m)

Ajer (loan)

Calleri (£5m)

Out:

Schwarzer (£275k)

Ulloa (£2m)

Vardy (£16.75m)

not sure if this is a glitch or an error in the way ratings work during the match. Kasper's playing a blinder and is on 8.4. Saves a penalty and the rating goes down to 8.0...

Report it on the sports interactive forums.

Technically, everyone playing the beta is a tester, that's the point of public testing. 

So I just got called in to a meeting with Vichai. He's like "we were thinking, would you like some more transfer money? Would that be useful to you?" so I say "uhm, yes, thanks?" and Vichai says "we're really happy you agree with us!" I think... "okay?" and expect to get like an extra million or something to play with.

Oh no.

The transfer budget has been increased to £29.9m (from nothing. It's October, second season.)

So I just got called in to a meeting with Vichai. He's like "we were thinking, would you like some more transfer money? Would that be useful to you?" so I say "uhm, yes, thanks?" and Vichai says "we're really happy you agree with us!" I think... "okay?" and expect to get like an extra million or something to play with.

Oh no.

The transfer budget has been increased to £29.9m (from nothing. It's October, second season.)

Beaut

Morgan has just scored an absolute retarded own goal, joy.

Now the twat has got sent off  :mad:

2-0 down to Norwich before 20 minutes and now I'm down to Huth and Wasyl because Benalouane got sent off last game.

Doesn't matter what I do, a defensive forward just doesn't ever work for me. Vardy's got 3 in 4 but he's playing like shite. I'm not bothered about him scoring the odd one if he's costing us goals through playing crap.

I wouldn't sell him tbh.

I'm not convinced you'll get any better. Depends how desperate you are to reinforce elsewhere.

Given his dribbling, passing, creativity, determination and then strong balance of other secondary attributes I think he's worth keeping.

I don't mind conceding when there's obviously flaws in your system but losing 3-0 to Norwich because Morgan has Aspergers and now 5 minutes in I'm 1-0 down to Southampton because they've just scored from 40 yards 

Inler's just pinged one from a similar position though lol

And Mahrez has just scored a similar goal to Messi vs Bilbao last season 

winning 4-1 now

5-1 mahrez is a wizard

My transfer revenue percentage which I can spend got decreased to 35% then to 10%. Then just before the end of the season the owners gave me £7m to spend lol

Just got the message about TV rights deal and now they're offering me a new contract! I only finished 13th this season after expecting a top-half finish lol.

Came into the thread just for some opinions and advice on the tactical set up im using and the way the club will be going forwards.

Ive gone for a Man City game on the BETA mostly as a way of getting into the game. They are pretty strong but i like the fact that going forward, they will have to be rebuilt as the squad is aeging. I also like the fact that the Premier League is competitive, unlike a league like the Bundesliga for example, or taking on Barca or Real.

So far, so good, 5 Premier League games, 13 points on the board. Not the toughest start though, Liverpool away being arguably the best result. 2 points dropped vs Spurs though, having blown a 2 goal lead by keeping an eye on the Champions League and taking Yaya and Silva off, awful management by myself.

Champions League group is Barcelona, Olympique Lyonnais and Red Bull Salzburg. So not easy, but 2nd place should be achieveable minimum. Won first group game 4-1 at home to Lyon too.

I have a budget of £0 so i havent added anyone as yet. But its clear younger players need to come in, and British players too as currently, we are failing the league registration rules.

Tactical setup

Hart (GK Defend)

Zabaleta (Wing Back, Defend)

Kompany (Limited Defender, Defend)

Otamendi (Central Defender, Defend)

Kolarov (Wing Back, Attack)

Fernandinho (Central Midfielder, Defend)

Yaya Toure (Deep Lying Playmaker, Defend)

De Bruyne (Winger, Support) *he is slightly out of position and role here*

David Silva (Advanced Playmaker, Support)

Sterling (Inside Forward, Attack)

Aguero (Poacher, Attack)

Team Instructions: A normal defensive line, quick tempo, playing fairly wide.

Passing short, passing focused on the flanks, retaining possession.

Stay on feet, and cut off short GK distribution.

Tend to favour at home, an attacking mentality and fluid formation. Away can vary a lot.

So far, things are working well. But does this 4-2-3-1 setup seem logical to bring success to the club at the highest level? I want a champions league, and this is a club i havent managed before.

Archived