Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Dan LCFC

Football Manager 2016

Came into the thread just for some opinions and advice on the tactical set up im using and the way the club will be going forwards.

Ive gone for a Man City game on the BETA mostly as a way of getting into the game. They are pretty strong but i like the fact that going forward, they will have to be rebuilt as the squad is aeging. I also like the fact that the Premier League is competitive, unlike a league like the Bundesliga for example, or taking on Barca or Real.

So far, so good, 5 Premier League games, 13 points on the board. Not the toughest start though, Liverpool away being arguably the best result. 2 points dropped vs Spurs though, having blown a 2 goal lead by keeping an eye on the Champions League and taking Yaya and Silva off, awful management by myself.

Champions League group is Barcelona, Olympique Lyonnais and Red Bull Salzburg. So not easy, but 2nd place should be achieveable minimum. Won first group game 4-1 at home to Lyon too.

I have a budget of £0 so i havent added anyone as yet. But its clear younger players need to come in, and British players too as currently, we are failing the league registration rules.

Tactical setup

Hart (GK Defend)

Zabaleta (Wing Back, Defend)

Kompany (Limited Defender, Defend)

Otamendi (Central Defender, Defend)

Kolarov (Wing Back, Attack)

Fernandinho (Central Midfielder, Defend)

Yaya Toure (Deep Lying Playmaker, Defend)

De Bruyne (Winger, Support) *he is slightly out of position and role here*

David Silva (Advanced Playmaker, Support)

Sterling (Inside Forward, Attack)

Aguero (Poacher, Attack)

Team Instructions: A normal defensive line, quick tempo, playing fairly wide.

Passing short, passing focused on the flanks, retaining possession.

Stay on feet, and cut off short GK distribution.

Tend to favour at home, an attacking mentality and fluid formation. Away can vary a lot.

So far, things are working well. But does this 4-2-3-1 setup seem logical to bring success to the club at the highest level? I want a champions league, and this is a club i havent managed before.

Seems solid enough, right flank is a bit off though, defensively solid but you aren't going to create too much with it

I've got a fairly good team now! 

Rulli

Fuchs Glik Cahill (Loan) Peruzzi 

Rabiot Ajer 

Mahrez Embolo Lucas Moura (loan) 

Calleri 

Subs:

Allison

Balanta

Romero 

Rode (loan)
Jenkinson (loan)

Caceres

Zivkovic 

Vardy is out for 4 months :/ 

I've got a fairly good team now!

Rulli

Fuchs Glik Cahill (Loan) Peruzzi

Rabiot Ajer

Mahrez Embolo Lucas Moura (loan)

Calleri

Subs:

Allison

Balanta

Romero

Rode (loan)

Jenkinson (loan)

Caceres

Zivkovic

Vardy is out for 4 months :/

Very foreign...

Have you got many English talent coming through

Very foreign...

Have you got many English talent coming through

Bought 3 regen youngsters from the lower leagues. First couple of seasons I try and get in to Europe and then I'll start looking at younger players.

Not doing too badly on this. Won 5, drew 2 and lost 5 in my opening 12 league matches and we are sitting in 10th. Honestly cant think of a position that needs strengthening with January coming up although I'll have to sign someone because I cant help myself. Decisions...

I may have cracked it. Really been struggling to get a formation I like and is successful on this. I've been chopping and changing loads.

Just gone back to an asymmetrical I had in about 2011/2012 and it's storming.

Standard keeper.

CB stopper, CB cover.

WBR R defend, Anchor, Complete WBL attack.

CMR deep lying playmaker support.

AMR raumdeuter attack, AMCL attacking midfielder support.

STCL advanced forward attack, STC dlf support.

All the play overloading the left and the raumdeuter hanging around in acres on his own for megalulz. Opposition defence don't have a clue where to go.

Raumdeuter gets shit loads of CCCs and assists, needs to be someone tidy.

I may have cracked it. Really been struggling to get a formation I like and is successful on this. I've been chopping and changing loads.

Just gone back to an asymmetrical I had in about 2011/2012 and it's storming.

Standard keeper.

CB stopper, CB cover.

WBR R defend, Anchor, Complete WBL attack.

CMR deep lying playmaker support.

AMR raumdeuter attack, AMCL attacking midfielder support.

STCL advanced forward attack, STC dlf support.

All the play overloading the left and the raumdeuter hanging around in acres on his own for megalulz. Opposition defence don't have a clue where to go.

Raumdeuter gets shit loads of CCCs and assists, needs to be someone tidy.

Can you post a screenie of how this looks mate?

lol lol Vichai is at it again. He's invited me in to another meeting to discuss club improvements. I think, ****, last time I got 30m out of this - let's go!

This time he wants to discuss my contract. Do I think it'd be a good idea to extend my contract? I'd love to, Vichai, thanks. "We're so happy you agree with our idea!" No problem, Vichai.

Thanks, man.

I've just received 2 cards in one incident! Rode made a nasty challenge and got a straight red, Cahill came running over and complained and got a second yellow! 

That's never happened to me before!

Anyone reccomend a beast CM that is just an all rounder. Looking for someone to complement Inler. Tried to sign our friend Charles Aranguiz - bid accepted and wages etc but failed work permit application which sucked!

Radja Naingolan

Anyone reccomend a beast CM that is just an all rounder. Looking for someone to complement Inler. Tried to sign our friend Charles Aranguiz - bid accepted and wages etc but failed work permit application which sucked!

Ajer, Lucas Romero or Rabiot work well in midfield 

Anyone else have absolutely retarded players? They manage to hold the ball and run towards the corner flag, acres of space, and then aim a 40yard pass back to my central defenders which, more often than not, gets cut out by a striker or opposition player lol.

Or countless times they're on the touchline in the box, and decide to have a shot on goal. I have about 3 players waiting in anticipation to smash it in the back of the net but they shoot and hit the side netting or keeper saves.

Anyone else have absolutely retarded players? They manage to hold the ball and run towards the corner flag, acres of space, and then aim a 40yard pass back to my central defenders which, more often than not, gets cut out by a striker or opposition player lol.

Or countless times they're on the touchline in the box, and decide to have a shot on goal. I have about 3 players waiting in anticipation to smash it in the back of the net but they shoot and hit the side netting or keeper saves.

What's your set up?

Archived