Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Dan LCFC

Football Manager 2016

oh and I'm pretty sure I give away penalties so easily against big teams  and I've no idea why, again. Man City, Man utd, Arsenal, Chelsea, Everton, Liverpool, Spurs have all profited from my players being generous dickheads. 

I've just received 2 cards in one incident! Rode made a nasty challenge and got a straight red, Cahill came running over and complained and got a second yellow! 

That's never happened to me before!

On an older version I had three in one incident. I'd never seen anything like it. Was playing Ipswich at home in the Championship, 1st v 2nd, 3-3 at the time and we gave away a penalty in the 94th minute, straight red card, other player on a booking talks his way into a red card over that incident, before another goes and talks himself into a red card over the second one!!

The best part about it? Penalty saved. Drew. lol lol

Anyone reccomend a beast CM that is just an all rounder. Looking for someone to complement Inler. Tried to sign our friend Charles Aranguiz - bid accepted and wages etc but failed work permit application which sucked!

Ruben Neves looks class but I doubt you'd manage to attract him at Leicester.

Lorenzo Crisetig? Don't know if he's any good on this one. Former wonderkid, last season he was still very good and very cheap, not sure about this year but worth a try, although there's probably better.

EDIT; Just scouted him on mine. Don't bother. Shite.

Right so my Rapid Bucharest game

Won promotion back to Liga 1 in my first season

Consolidated and finished 8th/14th before the league split and ended up finishing 11th

Pretty poor 3rd season finishing 11th and then 9th after the split.

Massive improvement this season and i'm 2nd after 10 games, a couple of points behind Steaua who absolutely boss this league. Beat them away from home 1-0 which was their 2nd defeat in one and a bit seasons

The season finishes end of May (early June if you make any of the play offs) and starts again as early as 10th July, with the fixtures only being announced in the last week of June!? I've noticed no teams have a pre-season, its silly. You play 23/26 of your regular league games and then come back after the winter break to play the remaining 3 lol Any free transfer signings get no more than two weeks before the season starts. Realised that I have to try and do my transfer business in the winter break which seems to have helped.

Apparently attributes for players who have started the season well have been tweaked? Anyone able to start a quick Leicester save today and check? Kante, Drinkwater, Vardy all possible bumps? Might be a shit rumour.

Vardy has been slightly changed but Kante, Drinkwater and Mahrez have all stayed the same. 

4-2-3-1

2 attacking midfielders as wingers, one st as a complete forward and another st as a poacher. 1 dm and 1 mc.

I might try Finnegan's formation lol

To put it bluntly, it's awful.

Zero balance there, the players are passing it back to the defenders because you're strikers are static and being marked out the game which isn't helped by the huge gaps between midfielders and forwards. The wings lack variation too.

Try something a little bit more balanced with roles and duties

----------dlf s-----p a--

--w s----cm-d----dlp s----wm a

--Fb a---cd d-----cd d-----wb s

----------------gk d

That's if you want to play 442

Caved hard last night and bought this.

When last I left it I'd successfully blown my budget to bring in Vrsalijko and an AM/AL whose name I forget right now, accidentally hired 2 coaches with high defence ratings meaning there's no room left to improve coaching in other areas of the training ground, and had half my CMs and CBs arbitrarily injured during a pre-season which included such highlights as losing 1-0 to Accrington Stanley.  

2 matches into the season now and I've lost 2-0 at home to Chelsea with the bog-standard 4-2-3-1 having spent the game chasing shadows and managing about 7 shots to their 30-odd.  Decided on mixing it up and trying a 3-4-2-1 away against Stoke and secured a comfy 2-0 of my own courtesy of an unbreachable back line and some certifiable terrorism on the wings between Riyadh on one side and that new guy whose name I forget on t'other. I have found my away setup.

Finished my first season in 9th. Got there in the last week of December and didn't move up or down a place for the rest of the season. 

Alright off-season but nothing special. Sold Morgan, King and Drinkwater for around £7million between them and got Wanyama, Van Dijk (Southampton went down), Rafinha and Lincoln for about £16million. Hoping to at least improve in the cups this year. 

Am I having a poor season?

We are 10th in the league after 17 games. Won 7, drew 3 and lost 7. Scored 31 and conceded 28. Got eliminated on penalties by Stoke in the league cup 3rd round. Signed Robinson, Peruzzi, Balanta, Vlaar, Ajer, Chavez and I've got Calleri joining on January 1st. What do you think?

Anybody give me advice on how to get forward more in matches without being (much) less solid at the back? Formations but mainly instructions. Am a lot more solid at the back this season and started the season off very well because I was able to go forward but for some reason without changing anything my team seems hesitant to go forward.. or when I say go forward I just mean have shots on goal (I only watch commentary).

Getting pretty tired of being the best team in the world and comfortably beating the likes of Utd (4-1), Liverpool (4-0), and Spurs (3-1)  but not being able to cope with such legendary clubs as Watford (1-2), Palace (1-4), and Norwich (0-1)...

Archived