Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Dan LCFC

Football Manager 2016

Im sorry but you cant tell me this game does anything other than suck dick

You can play the same opposition with 7 different tactics and lose in the same way every time.

The goals are unrealistic

The tactics themselves are unrealistic

The game is complete dross.

I havent had one save on this game thats actually been enjoyable. Whether im winning leagues or challenging for anything.

Tactics mean naff all if your chemistry sucks. The start of saves is always a slog cos your team can't play a basic 4-4-2 properly, once you get more accomplished at formations the game becomes a little easier and more about player scouting.

Heres an example of how unrealistic and stupid FM16 tactics are.

These are supposed to be highly successful tactics for Barcelona and Real Madrid.

Look at the positions the players are playing in, look at their duties the players have and what a player with that duty should do, and compare them to how the players would play in real life.

Messi as a deep lying foward for christ's sake? Look at what the deep lying forward supposedly does on the game. an enormous gaping hole down one side of your team? Neymar in midfield?

Barcelona play the most obvious tactics in the world with a fluid rotating front 3.

Look at the Real Madrid team and formation, its laughable. Yet on this idiot game, that shit would win you things.

FM16 is atrocious.

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/share-download-fm-16-tactics/351959-devastator.html

Yeah I guess one of the best defensive midfielders on the game would have no impact on that 'gaping hole.' Barcelona need not worry about such things when they will have 70% of the ball minimum and players who'll convert 9/10 chances.

Yeah I guess one of the best defensive midfielders on the game would have no impact on that 'gaping hole.' Barcelona need not worry about such things when they will have 70% of the ball minimum and players who'll convert 9/10 chances.

but the complete irony of what youre saying is, if they were set up in such a mishmash fashion in real life, do you think theyd have 70% of the ball?

do you think theyd win games if all their players were completely out of position?

But they're not. Barcelona if anyone have the least rigid formation in world football and are not set up in a basic 4-3-3 as you seem to think. The front three definitely don't just rotate, there's way more to it than that and I wouldn't suggest Messi being a deep lying forward being that far from the truth in all honesty. I think you're giving formations too much credit for success in this game. Players and morale play huge roles too.

Having a great game with Fulham in championship. Well on course to blag this league only lost twice and am in feb. Very similar to leicester this season. Fulham are strong on this but only predicted to finish 7th. I've offloaded a fair few lads and brought in some youth. Looking good.

It's all going downhill on my Leicester save. In my 2nd season and we're not doing as well as I'd have liked, we're in 11th place but we're on a terrible run of games and keep conceding 3 goals a game, and morale is starting to deplete. Hope I can turn it around... Injuries have it me hard again. 

But they're not. Barcelona if anyone have the least rigid formation in world football and are not set up in a basic 4-3-3 as you seem to think. The front three definitely don't just rotate, there's way more to it than that and I wouldn't suggest Messi being a deep lying forward being that far from the truth in all honesty. I think you're giving formations too much credit for success in this game. Players and morale play huge roles too.

I respectfully think youre talking absolute garbage.

The typical attributes for a "defensive forward" dont come anywhere close to what Messi's attributes bring in terms of his dribbling, passing, vision, finishing. Its a total waste of his skills to be putting him in that position, and yet its supposedly more effective.

Secondly, why have the developers programmed the game to display his best position more accurately, and yet he performs better in a position that is totally not what he does in real life and that his attributes fit? pointless. Or else why do they bother with that little wheel graphic that shows the ability a player  has in that position? its needless.

If "players and morale" have the biggest impact on the game, then the game is also rubbish for this reason. Because youre implying that the better players arent going to lose games. In real life, formations would have way more effect on results than individual talent than you are giving it credit, or else why would you hear comments like "well organised"..... "2 banks of four"....... "team shape" in real life football? Its because doing this can make a team into a highly effective unit. Not trying to trick the alogrithm of the game in having one player attacking the back post and scoring 40 goals a season in exactly the same way because the game has bugs.

Having a great game with Fulham in championship. Well on course to blag this league only lost twice and am in feb. Very similar to leicester this season. Fulham are strong on this but only predicted to finish 7th. I've offloaded a fair few lads and brought in some youth. Looking good.

Always love a Fulham game, quality youth set-up. Shame no Patrick Roberts this year!

I respectfully think youre talking absolute garbage.

The typical attributes for a "defensive forward" dont come anywhere close to what Messi's attributes bring in terms of his dribbling, passing, vision, finishing. Its a total waste of his skills to be putting him in that position, and yet its supposedly more effective.

Secondly, why have the developers programmed the game to display his best position more accurately, and yet he performs better in a position that is totally not what he does in real life and that his attributes fit? pointless. Or else why do they bother with that little wheel graphic that shows the ability a player has in that position? its needless.

If "players and morale" have the biggest impact on the game, then the game is also rubbish for this reason. Because youre implying that the better players arent going to lose games. In real life, formations would have way more effect on results than individual talent than you are giving it credit, or else why would you hear comments like "well organised"..... "2 banks of four"....... "team shape" in real life football? Its because doing this can make a team into a highly effective unit. Not trying to trick the alogrithm of the game in having one player attacking the back post and scoring 40 goals a season in exactly the same way because the game has bugs.

Basically, you're bobbins at Football Manager.

I'm brilliant at FM, always have been. Reason? I realised circa 2004 that "footballmanager" is it's own sport. I don't play Football Manager, I play Footballmanager Manager. If that statement doesn't make sense to you, you'll never be good at the game.

FM tries to be as close to reality as it can but it'll never be perfect and trying to play it like it is will always end in tears. Yes, you need to understand how football works to have a head start with the game but more than anything you need to know how the match engine works.

If this means building a system that's good at dealing with crosses and breaking down an AI that isn't then you do it or you lose. Don't like that? Then don't play it. Maybe Claudio Ranieri doesn't actually like playing high pressing football, he's still going to keep doing it at Leicester because it's successful.

It's always disappointed me that you can't fully replicate our (or Dortmund's old) style in the game but I just get on with it and build a formation that works.

TLDR: the game is neither broken nor perfect, it just IS. If you can't adapt to that and be successful it's because you're not very clever and the game is outwitting you. The end.

Sorry to be a dick about it but it's a pet hate of men when people blame the game (which has plenty of flaws, sure) for the fact they're crap at it.

I'm rubbish at FIFA, not because FIFA is a stupid game but because I'm rubbish at it.

This FM is a lot more unforgiving, in previous years you could create a "normal", balanced tactic with which you could expect reasonable success but now I'm getting frustrated with all of my saves. I'm constantly on the SI forums as well trying to further understand the game and I'm at a point where I know it and the match engine very well but I can't get it to click.

This FM is a lot more unforgiving, in previous years you could create a "normal", balanced tactic with which you could expect reasonable success but now I'm getting frustrated with all of my saves. I'm constantly on the SI forums as well trying to further understand the game and I'm at a point where I know it and the match engine very well but I can't get it to click.

Your frustration is part of the problem. The game isn't any more rocket science than it used to be. Use your common sense, put a tactic together and grin and bear it while your team adjusts to it.

Consistency is definitely significant this year.

If you or Dan are willing, though, I might see if I can be arsed to upload my latest tactic later. I'm curious to see how good it is with someone else plug and playing.

To be fair Finnegan I'm generally patient with my tactics and have on a number of occasions produced my own good ones (although nothing quite like any of yours). I am struggling on this year's like I have no other. I generally mess my first game up but no matter who I manage I feel like I'm running into the same issues no matter what I do. I'm convinced it's harder than previous years.

Basically, you're bobbins at Football Manager.

I'm brilliant at FM, always have been. Reason? I realised circa 2004 that "footballmanager" is it's own sport. I don't play Football Manager, I play Footballmanager Manager. If that statement doesn't make sense to you, you'll never be good at the game.

FM tries to be as close to reality as it can but it'll never be perfect and trying to play it like it is will always end in tears. Yes, you need to understand how football works to have a head start with the game but more than anything you need to know how the match engine works.

If this means building a system that's good at dealing with crosses and breaking down an AI that isn't then you do it or you lose. Don't like that? Then don't play it. Maybe Claudio Ranieri doesn't actually like playing high pressing football, he's still going to keep doing it at Leicester because it's successful.

It's always disappointed me that you can't fully replicate our (or Dortmund's old) style in the game but I just get on with it and build a formation that works.

TLDR: the game is neither broken nor perfect, it just IS. If you can't adapt to that and be successful it's because you're not very clever and the game is outwitting you. The end.

Sorry to be a dick about it but it's a pet hate of men when people blame the game (which has plenty of flaws, sure) for the fact they're crap at it.

I'm rubbish at FIFA, not because FIFA is a stupid game but because I'm rubbish at it.

So whats the point of playing a game thats supposed to mirror real life

Take a team and make them play as close to they do in real life as possible

And then fail because youre trying to beat AI?

Its garbage whether im "bobbins" at it or not.

Managing a real football team would be 1000% easier than playing this game (assuming just the tactical input) where youre not trying to defeat some inbuilt AI.

There's not a single game on the market that's realistic.

Do you think real war is like battlefield? Real football is like FIFA? Real town planning is like Sim City?

It's entertainment. If it's not entertaining you, don't play it. If real life interests you more, do your coaching badges.

There's not a single game on the market that's realistic.

Do you think real war is like battlefield? Real football is like FIFA? Real town planning is like Sim City?

It's entertainment. If it's not entertaining you, don't play it. If real life interests you more, do your coaching badges.

The only way of settling whether this game is gash or not, which sadly will never happen, is to hook up the worlds best managers; Guardiola, Ferguson, Mourinho, Allegri, Klopp, Ancelotti, Simeone......anyone of stature. See how they get on.

If they cant achieve results and "beat the game" then you know the game is complete gash and needs totally re-designing.

If they can achieve some half reasonable results, then the game has some small degree of credibility.

it would be like Gary Kasparov's chess duels with Deep Blue.

But chess has clearly defined rules. There's a limit to the variables that can take place regards moves, there's no emotional or personal issues involves. A computer can simulate chess.

A computer will never perfectly realistically simulate football, ESPECIALLY the psychological / mental side.

Your frustration is part of the problem. The game isn't any more rocket science than it used to be. Use your common sense, put a tactic together and grin and bear it while your team adjusts to it.

Consistency is definitely significant this year.

If you or Dan are willing, though, I might see if I can be arsed to upload my latest tactic later. I'm curious to see how good it is with someone else plug and playing.

I'm playing one save on classic so fluidity isn't an issue. I'm absolutely not downloading a tactic though, what works for you isn't necessarily going to work for me. My tactics are decent enough it's just that I get frustrated because results aren't good enough but that's probably down to player quality and my tendency to rip everything up and start again.

There's a lot of known issues with this current ME that SI know about, like the F9 not dropping deep enough, crosses and defending in the box as well as a few other things.

Archived