Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Dan LCFC

Football Manager 2016

I do miss the old days of "aim for near post" which guaranteed your centre half 15 goals a season. I think Sol Bamba got me about 25 once, it was absolutely ridiculous.

Yes, I remember Matt Mills being my top scorer one season with about 28 goals doing exactly this. FM12 I believe.

Anyone got any decent challenges for FM? Aside from the Pentagon which has been done to death already (although I may do it if there's no decent alternatives).

There used to be one where you took over RUOR Minsk in Bulgaria or something and they were like 4th tier but had one of the best youth setups in the game but apparently they've disbanded now and only play semi professionally. Something like that would be good.

OK, considering they are miles clear of La Liga, and they possess the trident, the holy trinity of Messi, Suarez and Neymar, im fully prepared to be shot down here. But Barca on fm16 isnt as easy as other big clubs like Real, Bayern and PSG.

It poses some unique challenges:

1) The makers of the game seem to have over-estimated the quality of Real Madrid on the game, and they are a potent force that are very difficult to overcome.

2) Competing on 6 different fronts this season means there are a seriously high number of games to get through, and the board demand success in all competitions naturally. But in keeping with point 3....

3) You start the game under embargo, and you have a tiny squad that you somehow need to keep fresh through a number of matches, yet you dont have the players that you can rotate with. The squad players are significantly weaker than the first choice players.

4) WIth the embargo being on the club, you cant strengthen the squad in the summer. And Arda Turan and Aleix Vidal cant kick a ball for you until January. There are also players like Matthieu who need to be improved on, no decent striker backup, and a few aeging players that need to be replaced soon.

5) The transfer budget is significantly smaller than that of Real Madrid.

6) Its not easy to replicate the style Barca have in real life on the game. Fitting the front 3 into a good system and getting them to interchange and rotate the way they would under Luis Enrique, its difficult to capture this in the game. The fluidity of the formation is difficult to achieve too, and doesnt really happen justby selecting the "very fluid" option.

Obviously you stand a great chance of winning lots of trophies, but there is still a challenge with Barca.

(prepares to be torn apart by the likes of Finnegan and called a complete goon).

I'd try it but I'd back myself to win the lot with Barcelona. I can't believe you can't get form from that attacking trio.

My 15 save is coming along quite nicely now. Managed to get Munster into midtable of the 2.Bundesliga, although dropped a huge bollock and have lost my top scorer on a free to Mainz at the end of the season, incredibly annoying as he was signed in the third tier aged 20 and is nailed on to make it at Bundesliga level. Also missed out on a quality young winger at the expense of pissing Brentford.

I had a chuckle to myself at the squad registration, I often sign a load of foreigners so I started swinging things a bit more in German players' favour as I read in this league you have to have 12 German registered players... only to find out that you actually can register a squad of 99 players which includes your youth squad - what the bloody hell is the point in a rule like that? It's harder to not meet it lol

I'd try it but I'd back myself to win the lot with Barcelona. I can't believe you can't get form from that attacking trio.

My 15 save is coming along quite nicely now. Managed to get Munster into midtable of the 2.Bundesliga, although dropped a huge bollock and have lost my top scorer on a free to Mainz at the end of the season, incredibly annoying as he was signed in the third tier aged 20 and is nailed on to make it at Bundesliga level. Also missed out on a quality young winger at the expense of pissing Brentford.

I had a chuckle to myself at the squad registration, I often sign a load of foreigners so I started swinging things a bit more in German players' favour as I read in this league you have to have 12 German registered players... only to find out that you actually can register a squad of 99 players which includes your youth squad - what the bloody hell is the point in a rule like that? It's harder to not meet it lol

Oh absolutely Dan, you still have the talent to mount a huge charge on all fronts with Barca, and the triad up front score a lot of goals and generally cause havoc as youd expect. Im mounting a challenge on all fronts and im a little disappointed that i didnt win the European Super Cup to be honest. I was undone by a late winner after leading 2-1.

Its just that you cant really replicate the way the front 3 interchange as they would in real life, and the squad definitely needs a big rebuilding job that initially, you cant do.

Im finding more and more on this version when i do win a league or a set of cups, i tend to move on more nowadays. The "long haul" game for whatever reason doesnt hold that appeal now. think the longest game ive had in game time was the Real game of 3 seasons.

Normally id go for 6 or 7 seasons before wanting new scenery

Didn't get the game until late this year. Really struggled to get into a game, tried a few out but I seem to be pretty awful this year xD In my 2nd season with Newcastle at the moment, finished 14th first year and am currently 11th after 32 games. Got quite a nice squad on paper but not quite translating to results. 

2 Main issues ive noticed and I don't know if anyone else is having them.

1) Conceding from crosses, 49% of the goals i've conceded this season have been from crosses, noticed the same problem in the other saves I tried out.

2) The difference between home and away form, we have 27 points at home and only 10 away this season, we just seem to be a different side away.

Didn't get the game until late this year. Really struggled to get into a game, tried a few out but I seem to be pretty awful this year xD In my 2nd season with Newcastle at the moment, finished 14th first year and am currently 11th after 32 games. Got quite a nice squad on paper but not quite translating to results. 

2 Main issues ive noticed and I don't know if anyone else is having them.

1) Conceding from crosses, 49% of the goals i've conceded this season have been from crosses, noticed the same problem in the other saves I tried out.

2) The difference between home and away form, we have 27 points at home and only 10 away this season, we just seem to be a different side away.

Yup, sounds about right.

I usually go with a counter attack mentality away but also keep possession. Sounds like a total contradiction but usually sees me have 60% possession in games.

I think the goals from crosses thing is just a bug, ive tried man marking the wingers, marking opponents tightly in the box, nothing seems to stop the amount of goals from crosses.

First game beat Everton 4-0

Second game lose 6-2 to Spurs

Gonna be the most entertaining Yanited team ever

Spurs seem very good on the game.

Theyre very good in real life i suppose, but not many would have predicted that when the game was written

To be fair, the interplay between Neymar, Messi and Suarez is so ridiculously good at times that I'm not sure anyone would know where to begin scripting it in gaming terms.

The tactical side can be quite restrictive, though. I'd personally like to see a massive overhaul whereby you completely build offensive and defensive systems separately.

It's nigh impossible to fully recreate Leicester in the game, for example, because it somehow baffles FM that an attacking player with attacking duties might also do a hell of a lot of closing down and tackling.

I want to be able to have everyone pressing and closing down ridiculously and then springing to attack ridiculously.

That may very well result in my whole team being absolutely knackered by the twentieth minute but that's my choice to make.

Basically, bring back the ****ing sliders and stop making these newbie cookie cutter positions mandatory.

Started a journeyman save, sunday league footballer no qualifications started unemployed. Loaded up England down to conference north/south, Belgium second league and above, Holland Jupiler league and above, Russia First division and above, Scotland League 2 and above, Spain Liga adelante and above. Holidayed to September.    

I'm going to give up on Football Manager.

I was down 4-0 and had conceded a hat trick by the 15th minute. Playing as Margate, against Whitehawk (6th division).

It was 6-0 at half time, but my team played respectably in the second half, and drew that 2-2.

After conceding eight goals, I've decided to just go on a holiday until January 1, 2017. Let's see how Margate go the next three months.

Is the January update out yet? I'm gonna fire this baby up once it is. Does anyone know if any Leicester players are getting their attributes boosted?

I fancy trying again with Leicester now I've got a feel for things. I think I can actually do a Claudio in season one with the updated Vardy and with Amartey in there.

But I'm going to rage if Kante hasn't been buffed. In fact, I may edit him myself and upload him to the steam workshop if they haven't.

I fancy trying again with Leicester now I've got a feel for things. I think I can actually do a Claudio in season one with the updated Vardy and with Amartey in there.

But I'm going to rage if Kante hasn't been buffed. In fact, I may edit him myself and upload him to the steam workshop if they haven't.

I think almost all of the Leicester players need their attributes boosting to be honest. Morgan, Drinkwater, Kante and Mahrez definitely need be made significantly better. Simpson deserves a decent boost along with Fuchs and Albrighton. The rest just need minor tweeks for the better. I'd be disappointed if all of the above didn't happen.

I think almost all of the Leicester players need their attributes boosting to be honest. Morgan, Drinkwater, Kante and Mahrez definitely need be made significantly better. Simpson deserves a decent boost along with Fuchs and Albrighton. The rest just need minor tweeks for the better. I'd be disappointed if all of the above didn't happen.

Mahrez?!?!

Mahrez is ridiculous as it is.

Only two I think are inaccurate are Drinks and Kante tbh.

Everyone's determination, workrate and stamina could maybe get a boost but the skill levels are about right.

Archived