Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Dan LCFC

Football Manager 2016

I tweeted how my Football Manager career was going...and they responded.

attachicon.gifimage.png

I am literally managing in the German third tier lol

Dan, Wookie, sorry if that came across as "I'll help you plebs out", I'm sure you'd both much rather use your own. I meant more as a favour to me actually, to help me play test it.

I must admit that's how I read it lol yeah, one time, just let us know. I'm generally pretty sound with morale etc..

Does anyone here have experience of using a good diamond 4-4-2 formation?

Ive had some tentative early success with it at Juve, but it still doesnt utilise the players exactly how id like.

Im surprised there is no "shoot more" option for deep and advanced playmakers.

Within the game, is it possible to specifically use one of your players, to specifically man mark one of their players?

Im talking Kamaark and Juninho here.

Is "mark tightly" the only option you have?

Is this game fixed. I had a great start to the season at middlsbrough and found myself 2nd in november. I played top of the league wolves and got an away draw. but from then on in i only won 1 game it got to feb and i was 10th. The board said i needed to get 12 pts out of the next 5. i played forest and i found myself somehow 3-2 up into the 90th minute there were 2 mins added on and in the 93rd minute they broke through and scored meaning i had to win all 4 of my next games. I then played away at MK dons and found myself 2-1 up into the 90th minute with 2 mins added time. They got a corner in the 93rd minute and matt upson scored meaning i was sacked. Absolutely fumiing

I have won two succesive promotions with Tranmere leading them to League One. Was delighted when I saw a news headline saying the board will build a new stadium. Then I read they will be knocking down the 16,000 capacity Prenton Park and replacing it with a stadium named Tranmere Stadium which will have a capacity of 7,900. I don't understand it!

I have won two succesive promotions with Tranmere leading them to League One. Was delighted when I saw a news headline saying the board will build a new stadium. Then I read they will be knocking down the 16,000 capacity Prenton Park and replacing it with a stadium named Tranmere Stadium which will have a capacity of 7,900. I don't understand it!

lol

Ok. Ive reached the point of no return. I totally give up.

I thought the last saving grace would be man marking to stop crosses, and man mark the danger men.

Ive got two saves at the moment, but im focusing more on my Arsenal save.

Ive pushed Alexis into an inside forward role, told him to get further forward and to cut inside. Its had no effect at all.

Ive got my best tackler of the ball, Nainggolan, tackling hard and closing down. No effect at all.

Ive tightly marked the wide players and closed down. And yet Steve Bould says they still have too much space.

Away from home, strikers cant fvcking finish. EVER.

I just played a league game away at West Ham, theyve beat me 2-1 and i swear the game simply decides when you will lose, and makes sure you do. NOTHING you do makes any difference in those games. Nothing.

I think this is the straw that breaks the camels back, and the game wont come out ever again im afraid.

Obviously it's all the stupid game's fault.

:rolleyes:

Of course. If you can't do well with Arsenal, then how on Earth are you supposed to win the Prem and Champions League in your third season with Leicester, or win back to back titles in France with St Etienne in your third and fourth seasons? :whistle:

Ill post about a million pictures after work of the arsenal tactics im using, and for the life of me i have no idea why im not at least a genuine title contender.

In first season i finished 2nd in the league but Spurs ended up on something daft like 92 points, it pisses me off that the best i can manage is around 80.

I really, really dont get it.

Imagine not being able to do well with Arsenal. What the hell have you done?! lol

When you say "not doing well", they are predicted to finish 4th in the league, and first season i got them to 2nd, predicted to make champions league quarters and i did so fulfilled that, won capital one cup, but went out in FA Cup R5

So i suppose compared to what they SHOULD be doing, i have improved them a bit but for ****s sake i cant stand the random crap performances or the way changing tactics does nothing.

Example: Assistant manager says player x has too much space. close him down.

You mark him tightly, close him down, and tell an individual player to mark him. you set the player marking him to close down more, and mark tightly.

Assistant manager says 5 mins later: player x has too much space. close him down.

It cant just be me that has these issues surely?

I smashed everyone at real purely by buying top players, and playing an attacking formation with ronaldo as a striker. the rest of the team could all average 6, hed still bag a hattrick.

Example: Assistant manager says player x has too much space. close him down.

You mark him tightly, close him down, and tell an individual player to mark him. you set the player marking him to close down more, and mark tightly.

Assistant manager says 5 mins later: player x has too much space. close him down.

It cant just be me that has these issues surely?

I smashed everyone at real purely by buying top players, and playing an attacking formation with ronaldo as a striker. the rest of the team could all average 6, hed still bag a hattrick.

Touche, I guess I missed a previous post about your la liga exploits, and only saw the ones where you were complaining etc. I was assuming you were sitting mid table with Arsenal and couldn't hit a barn door too lol

When changing tactics from a starting line up point of view, it won't always work immediately and will take a short while for them to get used to it. sometimes just replacing one player and keeping the same formation can work a treat too, just adding that little bit of freshness to a stagnant side.

Trust me, I'm far from being a god at this, and I've had my failed sides too (Brugge was horrific), but for me, having a good balance in the team is the key factor. For instance, I hate the idea of having two defenders at the back who can't pass a ball to save their life. I'll have one ball player and another decent all rounder. Same in midfield, balance with someone who is happy to sit as a deep playmaker, and an advanced playmaker in front, with either a straight up, tough tackling ball winner behind, or luxury flair player in front who can be substituted if it's not the right sort of game.

Sweeper keepers can fvck off though!

EDIT: Ignore the assistant too, just read the game and apply your own changes.

Have to admit this game made me throw the proverbial toys out a while back myself:

Can't remember exactly but I think I won the PL in season 1 with Leicester, or at least finished high enough for the CL because the next season I was top 4 again and won the CL with a Vardy hat-trick against Bayern.  Thought it was the best game ever.  Then the next season happened.  

It's been a while since I've been in the game but I'm pretty sure my save is stuck sometime post Jan after a run of defeats which saw us plummet down the table.  I can definitely tell you what match triggered it though - A home defeat against a 20th placed Villa was the final straw for me where I decided to game the game and replay the match with different tactics, the idea being to use the worst team in the league as a petri dish to see where my approach was going wrong.  I tried all 3 of my different trained formations (which had all contributed massively in their own ways to our success previously) each with varying line ups and different degrees of opposition instructions and positional fine tuning but it always ended in defeat, there may have been a couple of jammy draws too.  We're talking at least 15 attempts here given the amount of variations I implemented to no avail.

The only thing I can think of that changed our success so drastically was signing Wilshere on big money and apparently fvcking with the dressing room so hard the game literally wouldn't let us get any results, which if so is absolute bullshit because he'd not been used for a few weeks due to his own shit form.  For lack of any better ideas I've left the game to rot until the inevitable cravings kick in a few months from now, I still get angry thinking about it now though so there's no danger of a relapse just yet.

1. Stop listening to your assistant manager, I never listen to the tactical advice in the game, it's always rubbish.

2. You don't need a different formation for England and Spain, there's no real difference, you're over thinking things.

3. Go to the sigames community forum, tactics section, start reading. Read anything posted by Cleon and take it as gospel.

4. Download some other tactics, you don't have to use them but look at how they set up and learn from them.

5. Less is more, don't bog your players down with millions of instructions.

6. Breed consistency, stop changing things after every game if you lose.

7. Have an organised midfield, make sure at least one of your central midfielders is a sitting player that isn't roaming, a DLP in def or sup is a good start. Ball winning midfielders are brilliant this year, have one.

8. Don't use wing backs. Full backs on attack and support get forward plenty but sit deeper in defensive phases which tend to stop you getting murdered by crosses. Have one on attack and one on support or defence, actually set to the full back role not the wing back. My LB set to Full Back (A) is still the top assist provider in my team and gives me my width.

9. Stop applying your own pre-conceptions to terminology and over relying on the tool tips. The fact you think Messi would be wasted at DLF when it's probably the best way to involve him in the game shows you don't understand the match engine, not that the game is crap.

10. Make sure you are watching the extended highlights and at a slow enough speed that you can analyse what's going on. LOOK at where the space is, LOOK at where your players are, LOOK at where the opposition are creating CCCs from and LOOK at what happens when you change players between different roles.

With regards to the above points about full backs and holding midfielders... I can't agree more. I just finished the season with St Etienne on 91 points, 20 clear of third, and that was playing half of the season with 4-5-1 lol  That shouldn't be possible, especially with the money and players that PSG have available to them, so surely that goes to show the the game isn't conspiring against you?

Archived