Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Babylon

Charles Aranguiz

I've seen so many posts saying that they don't want players who don't want to play for Leicester! How many of the current squad really wanted to play for Leicester? They signed for the team that had a bid accepted and agreed terms with. If a champions League team came in for them and offered 1st team football, they wouldn't be playing for Leicester

Getting a little annoyed with Aranguiz tbh! Inter are standing firm and are more than willing to allow the player to leave but on their terms, if Aranguiz isn't gonna play ball then he will have to face consequences, at the end of the day, they pay his wages, they have the control. BL clearly wont match or beat what we have bid, does Aranguiz want to stay in Brazil? No! the player himself has made it quite clear. He needs to grow a set, man-up and if Leicester is where he is going, then stop being a baby and come here, don't get me wrong I admire him for basically saying it isnt about money, but for me this is just dragging and dragging and potentially we could be missing out on other signings focusing on him! 

ps Sorry for the rant....Im new! :P 

To ARM1968.

I know you're only using King as an example but I'd let him speak for himself on the subject.

King was an Academy player at Chelsea, eventually joined Leicester and, as far as I'm aware, has never been happier.

He's a grounded kind of person who seems to have valued every opportunity he's been given at Leicester whether he's been first choice on the pitch or waiting his next chance on the bench.

In my view he's a manager's dream - a guy who's totally devoted to the club and to making the most of his abilities.

I'd not be at all sure he'd move to a so-called "big club".

I think he likes it here where he's appreciated.  

Another part of the game... essentially the club are trying to say "You're only going to Bayer for 15m and your only other option is now slipping away son.... tick tock".

As is stands right now, do you have a prediction as to how this will go or is it still too close to call?

My prediction would be that Aranguiz goes to Bayer Leverkusen either for the full amount or13m+

It would be interesting to know if BL would pay 15m if Aranguiz gave them an ultimatum of bid 15m now or I'll sign for Leicester tomorrow

Getting a little annoyed with Aranguiz tbh! Inter are standing firm and are more than willing to allow the player to leave but on their terms, if Aranguiz isn't gonna play ball then he will have to face consequences, at the end of the day, they pay his wages, they have the control. BL clearly wont match or beat what we have bid, does Aranguiz want to stay in Brazil? No! the player himself has made it quite clear. He needs to grow a set, man-up and if Leicester is where he is going, then stop being a baby and come here, don't get me wrong I admire him for basically saying it isnt about money, but for me this is just dragging and dragging and potentially we could be missing out on other signings focusing on him! 

ps Sorry for the rant....Im new! :P 

He has a contract, if he wants to stay where he is then fair enough. Don't know why people are getting annoyed.

As is stands right now, do you have a prediction as to how this will go or is it still too close to call?

Would be a complete guess.  All along I've thought Bayer would eventually up their offer a bit, but the way they are talking they might not.

He has a contract, if he wants to stay where he is then fair enough. Don't know why people are getting annoyed.

I agree on the contract, but if we have other options as discussed on here such as Inler/Inan, etc then should be just draw a line under it?

To ARM1968.

I know you're only using King as an example but I'd let him speak for himself on the subject.

King was an Academy player at Chelsea, eventually joined Leicester and, as far as I'm aware, has never been happier.

He's a grounded kind of person who seems to have valued every opportunity he's been given at Leicester whether he's been first choice on the pitch or waiting his next chance on the bench.

In my view he's a manager's dream - a guy who's totally devoted to the club and to making the most of his abilities.

I'd not be at all sure he'd move to a so-called "big club".

I think he likes it here where he's appreciated.  

At home with his Mum?

Al-aLondon-Foxile, on 06 Aug 2015 - 08:52 AM, said:snapback.png

If he doesn't wanna play for us then feck him, i don't want him here. How many more pages of this do we need to spew up?

Nobody in the squad (Moore aside), not even Kingy, grew up wanting to play for Leicester. They all dreamed of bigger things. 
  • rep_up.png
  •  

Miquel The Work Geordie, on 21 Mar 2015 - 9:09 PM, said:snapback.png

Score all the deflected goals you like Harry but you'll still look like a Maddame Tussauds waxwork of Tom Cruise that somebody has left near an open fire.

I'm not saying he needs to have blue blood and a back history of LCFC shirts, all i'm saying is that what is on the table has blown all the other offers out of the ball park and he still doesn't wanna come (so it would seem) so lets leave it at that and move on. He has shown some integrity to stick to his guns to go to BL, and for less wages, but it's still a massive uplift from what he's on so i'm not gonna applaud him for it. If he does come here he will have some work to do to become a fans favorite that's for sure.

Thracian - each to their own. I think you're wrong. We may never know.

Anyway I expect some movement on Aranguiz today. We shall see.

We may never know because there might be very few bigger clubs than Leicester the way things are progressing. King's been at Chelsea who finally released him and Kingy to the likes of Manchester United, Barcelona or Real Madrid?

Yes, I quite rate the lad but not as highly as that. His only pathway from Leicester will be down rather than up. Not as a reflection of any eventual deterioration in his abilities but as the biggest compliment to his achievements - and those of the club - while he's been here. 

i'm saying is that what is on the table has blown all the other offers out of the ball park and he still doesn't wanna come (so it would seem) so lets leave it at that and move on.

Again, too much focus on this. There is a big difference in REALLY not wanting to go somewhere, and having a preferred option. We all knew his preferred option was Bayer from the start, but if his club doesn't accept their offer then he has to make a decision.  Do we really think he'd turn us down if we were the only offer on the table? I think it's unlikely, the latest news from his meeting seemed to suggest a change on his position somewhat.

Al-aLondon-Foxile, on 06 Aug 2015 - 08:52 AM, said:snapback.png

Nobody in the squad (Moore aside), not even Kingy, grew up wanting to play for Leicester. They all dreamed of bigger things

Not true, Wes dreamed of playing for Forest.

Wasn't Liam a Man Untied fan growing up? 

Well he doesn't come from Manchester, he wasn't born there, has never lived there and his family have no affiliation whatsoever with the city, so yeah...he''s perfectly qualified to be a Man U fan.

Well he doesn't come from Manchester, he wasn't born there, has never lived there and his family have no affiliation whatsoever with the city, so yeah...he''s perfectly qualified to be a Man U fan.

It's nothing concrete, just something I think I read on here after the 5-3 game last season. 

Archived