Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Babylon

Charles Aranguiz

Here is the text from that link:

Aránguiz heard the Delcir own probe , owner of 50% of the economic rights of the Chilean, the setting for a possible move to Europe. Although the desire of the player has been voiced as Bayer Leverkusen, Inter shirt 20 only make the Beira-Rio is the German deposit in the club accounts - owner of the other half of the economic rights Aránguiz - the amount of 15 million euros.

What is behind the 'no' Charles Aránguiz to Leicester

The definition on the case tends to occur in the late afternoon, when the businessman Jorge Machado and the representative of Leicester, which is in Porto Alegre, will meet with Vitorio Piffero at the Beira-Rio. The British, from the president colorado speech on the state of Aránguiz, withdraw the proposal and leave for hiring another wheel.

Colorado fan ZH: Aránguiz has football but lack character

The entrepreneur and partner colorado heard, in a meeting on the morning of Wednesday, the Chilean really want to leave Porto Alegre. Aránguiz pointed out that all proposals, Bayer is the most you like and not completely ruled out the transfer to England. However, he said he would be happier in Germany:

- If you bring me 15 million euros as proposed, you can be happy anywhere you want - have said probe to the player during the meeting.

It is known that the proposed Bayer is lower than Leicester. Although the entrepreneurs of the DIS Group deny the letterhead, the figure would be offered in the house of 10.2 millions of euro. The English club, the Thai millionaire Vichai Srivaddhanaprabh offered in Table Vitorio Piffero 15 million.

There are reports that Leicester was willing to invest heavily in the fourth meeting to entice the player permanently. It would be the final card for negotiation. The English will offer the payment of kickbacks to the player. It is speculated that the amount varies from 1 million euros (US $ 3.79 million) to 1.5 million euros (US $ 5.69 million). Aránguiz, signing with Leicester, receive the cash value. Not counting the salary of around R $ 800,000 monthly.

Is this legal? :)

I don't necessarily disagree with much of that. My main reason for remaining dubious over this is how complicated it seems to be with the third-party ownership etc.

That's mainly down to badly-translated quotes from tweets I suppose, but the whole situation has been communicated to us like that. I don't think it's as simple as some people are making out and I can't believe that this would go down to deadline day with no raised or new offer from anyone competing with us.

The biggest driver of getting other clubs involved would likely be agents and third parties trying to get extra money out of it. Yet they seem fairly content with our valuation.

I'm sure that most of Europe's interested clubs are aware there's a bidding war going on. Scouts don't just watch players, they'll keep an eye on the business surrounding them as well. 

Third party ownership is what saw Carlos Tevez (who went on to play for Juve, United and Man City) and Javier Mascherano (who found his level at Barcelona) rock up at West Ham United, out of the blue.

The biggest driver of getting other clubs involved would likely be agents and third parties trying to get extra money out of it. Yet they seem fairly content with our valuation.

I'm sure that most of Europe's interested clubs are aware there's a bidding war going on. Scouts don't just watch players, they'll keep an eye on the business surrounding them as well. 

Third party ownership is what saw Carlos Tevez (who went on to play for Juve, United and Man City) and Javier Mascherano (who found his level at Barcelona) rock up at West Ham United, out of the blue.

It's more to do with the two who seem to be pushing him towards Leverkusen even though I don't see how they'd make any more money out of it. If it wasn't for them, he'd probably have signed for us by now. What are their motivations and how important are their opinions?

It's worth remembering this is practically the only time in the club's history when we've been competing with top clubs for players. I think it's understandable to be sceptical until we've got a track record of dealing with this sort of transfer, which is completely different to almost anything we've done before, especially with all the quotes from agents etc.

Considering how BL have acted so far, I decided to look up and see if tapping up is actually illegal and if anything can be done about it.

I found this: http://www.inbrief.co.uk/football-law/football-player-under-contract-approach-clubs.htm

Here are some quotes from it:

Is this allowed to be done? (Tapping up)

Currently under both the transfer rules established by FIFA and the Football Association followed by the clubs playing in England if another club wants to procure the services of a player that is registered with another club they must speak directly with that club and not to the player or his agent. The individual player and the agent who represents him will only be brought in for discussions with the potential purchasing club once the two clubs have agreed on a fee.

Is it therefore illegal for agents to set up these kinds of meetings?

Article 14c of the FIFA Players’ Agents Regulations states that a licensed player’s agent must never approach a player who is under approach a player who is under contract with a club with the aim of persuading him to terminate his contract prematurely or to flout the rights and duties stipulated in that contract.

This clearly shows that an agent who sets up meetings in this manner will clearly be in breach of the regulations which he must adhere to in his role as a football agent.

If it is clearly in breach of the rules governing football to do this, does it still happen?

Unfortunately this is a common problem especially associated with clubs playing in England that players will have meetings with other clubs in this manner. Often this will happen when a player is away from his club on international duty or will happen in a clandestine fashion in restaurants or other such places.

What will happen if a player is caught meeting with another club in this fashion?

If this is found to have happened there are likely to be punishments put in place on the following people involved in the meeting:

• The club tapping up the player

• The manager of the club tapping up the player

• The player

• The agent of the player

What are the likely sanctions to be imposed on the respective parties?

Following a high profile case in 2005 the sanctions imposed were the following:

• A fine and a suspended three point sentence for the club

• A fine for the manager

•  A fine for the player

• A fine and a revocation of the licence for the agent

Surely if you was the player you would choose our packge, his wages will be alot higher than what BL are offering him, he has the chance to put himself in the best shop window in the world if he is a Champions League quality player then he will be snapped up 1/2 years down the line and will get his chance to play in Europe.

Lets face it Bayer are never going to win the Champions league anytime soon so he is choosing 6 or 7 European games over a lucrative contract that will set him up for the rest of his career?

Surely if you was the player you would choose our packge, his wages will be alot higher than what BL are offering him, he has the chance to put himself in the best shop window in the world if he is a Champions League quality player then he will be snapped up 1/2 years down the line and will get his chance to play in Europe.

Lets face it Bayer are never going to win the Champions league anytime soon so he is choosing 6 or 7 European games over a lucrative contract that will set him up for the rest of his career?

I don't see why people keep talking about winning the Champions League.

We aren't going to win the Premier League but people will still want to come here to play in the Premier League. People join clubs who are in the Champions League knowing full well that only a small handful are ever really going to win it. They want to play in the biggest competition in the world, with all the glitz, glamour, money and viewers.

So this is clearly another case of a player being tapped up?

If it is I'd report the b*stards for it.  Would serve them right to get a fine and possible point reduction.  Plus the agent fined or banned as well.

We could pay the players fine if he got one and agreed to sign for us.

If it is I'd report the b*stards for it.  Would serve them right to get a fine and possible point reduction.  Plus the agent fined or banned as well.

We could pay the players fine if he got one and agreed to sign for us.

Seriously?

You've got no idea at all of the circumstances here.

Don't you think Inter would report them if this is actually the case?

I'm sure they would. It's unethical by most standards what BL are doing. But we don't know the full story.

What is obvious is that BL are not interested in matching our bid or they would have. They're trying to get Aranguiz on the cheap and all sides can see that now.

Best thing for the club to do, in this present situation, is to inform the player of their big interest in him and make him a final offer - and say no more.

Think his head is not in the right place atm, with the numerous events/rumours happening over him.

It's now like a 'storm in a teacup' situation, and tensions are rising.

I'm sure they would. It's unethical by most standards what BL are doing. But we don't know the full story.

What is obvious is that BL are not interested in matching our bid or they would have. They're trying to get Aranguiz on the cheap and all sides can see that now.

They are intent on not spending a euro more than they need to. if aranguiz appears to be softening his public stance on where he may end up, they may feel pushed to up the ante. as Mozart mused earlier, suspect their CL qualifying round draw could affect their bargaining powers.

Archived