Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Babylon

Charles Aranguiz

Just going to weigh in here...

Before today I never heard of the guy. If he doesn't want to sign, or if his only motivation is drawing 30% of his wages up front then I wouldn't want him here. We don't need mercenarys. The team is built on hard work and spirit.

In any event he might be totally out of his depth in the premier league. He could be the Leicester equivalent of Di Maria or Falcao. Little return for the investment.

We need proven quality at this level to consolidate and build. We don't need to blow our wad just to sign someone who sounds exotic. I won't be losing sleep over this guy. I'd take a Charlie Austin instead because I know what I'd be getting.

Wisely and slow. They stumble that run fast.

always knew we would regret letting wellens go on the cheap..

Before today I never heard of the guy. If he doesn't want to sign, or if his only motivation is drawing 30% of his wages up front then I wouldn't want him here. We don't need mercenarys. The team is built on hard work and spirit.

In any event he might be totally out of his depth in the premier league. He could be the Leicester equivalent of Di Maria or Falcao. Little return for the investment.

We need proven quality at this level to consolidate and build. We don't need to blow our wad just to sign someone who sounds exotic. I won't be losing sleep over this guy. I'd take a Charlie Austin instead because I know what I'd be getting.

Mate, I very much doubt this lad has been scouted 'because he sounds exotic'!

Charlie Austin would cost just as much as this guy and plays in a position that we're already stacked in. 

Out of interest, which "proven quality at this level" CM's would you sign?

Aranguiz is a brilliant player who's been watched by many of Europes top teams over the past few seasons, the fact we're competing with Marseille and Levekusen is testament to our ambition. If you want great players then you have to pay great prices, especially when competing to sign him against teams playing in Europe.  

I know of Leverkusen .. thank you ;) and they are overrated ... let's face it spurs, Everton or even Stoke would beat them, German league will fall on its face ... once the transition period of the premier league comes to fruition

Honestly. Some crap gets posted on this forum. On another thread we have Leicester being called a bigger club than Aston Villa on now we have you telling us Bayer Leverkusen aren't all that. Have a word with yourself. They're about the level of Spurs and if they had a match against each other my money would not be on Spurs.

Hang on, he if takes the 30% up front then surely we'll pay him 30% less per month. Works out better for him as if he get sold 2 years into a 3 year contract he still ends up with 30% of that final year wages.

That's what I was thinking. Otherwise, he's hardly going to turn down the 'option' for that extra 30% is he?

Mate, I very much doubt this lad has been scouted 'because he sounds exotic'!

Probably not but the feeling I get when I read a lot of these threads is that people just want us to spend money for the sake of spending it on players with no actual premier league experience. All a lot of these guys have going for them is hype.

Playing for Chile and playing in Brazil does not necessarily equate to success in the Premier League. It might, but it is not a given.

I remember putting my money in the bucket to try to save this club. It was not that long ago. We should be considered in the way we spend.

This money isn't a gift. It is secured lending from the owners to the club. It gets paid back one day.

Lets spend it properly and build on success with proven quality not reputation.

Probably not but the feeling I get when I read a lot of these threads is that people just want us to spend money for the sake of spending it on players with no actual premier league experience. All a lot of these guys have going for them is hype.

Playing for Chile and playing in Brazil does not necessarily equate to success in the Premier League. It might, but it is not a given.

I remember putting my money in the bucket to try to save this club. It was not that long ago. We should be considered in the way we spend.

This money isn't a gift. It is secured lending from the owners to the club. It gets paid back one day.

Let's spend it properly and build on success with proven quality not reputation.

I think we have no option but to trust Ranieri and the other staff at this point tbh.

Charlie Austin would cost just as much as this guy and plays in a position that we're already stacked in.

Out of interest, which "proven quality at this level" CM's would you sign?

Aranguiz is a brilliant player who's been watched by many of Europes top teams over the past few seasons, the fact we're competing with Marseille and Levekusen is testament to our ambition. If you want great players then you have to pay great prices, especially when competing to sign him against teams playing in Europe.

I'm sorry perhaps I wasn't clear. I did not say let's sign Charlie Austin. I meant that I would take a Charlie Austin over some of the names being floated. What I meant by that was proven quality in this league.

It's all speculation. Nobody will really know how much we bid and how much we will offer him as a contract. That goes for all the players that we are linked with so chill....

Can someone explain to me whats happend/happening so i dont have to read through the spam, from what i have read we've bid the most and the owners of him want him to come to leicester but he doesnt?

My summary of what has happened...

Nothing.

30% up front?!? Thats fvcking insane! of the contract.. So yeah here you go here's £3m cash. If this is the case - welcome Aranguiz

Is it your money?  Do you know what the other clauses in the contract are that may recoup the money if he leaves early etc.  What really is your problem.

Can someone explain to me whats happend/happening so i dont have to read through the spam, from what i have read we've bid the most and the owners of him want him to come to leicester but he doesnt?

Sorry I can do better.

We have seemingly made a bid for this guy in Euros even though his parent club is not in the EU, our owners are Thai, and LCFC is a UK registered Company. Not sure why...perhaps it is because Euros sound bigger. Perhaps we should make the offer again tomorrow in Rupees.

No one actually knows what has happened beyond that point. The rumour is that his club are happy but the player does not want to play for Leicester. Further speculation is that it is now up to the player and the final decision rests with him.

Even further speculation is that we are trying to appeal to his bank balance by offering "absurd" money to him. This could be:-

1. Lots of Euros every week (still think rupees will sound more impressive) in non sequential unmarked bills

2. 30% of this salary now

3. An island in the Pacific. It will be taken off him if he says "pacifically" when really meaning to say "specifically"

4. A helicopter

5. A nuclear submarine

6. A holiday in Thailand with James Pearson

He will turn us down for Villa or West Ham.

I won't care.

Okay tell me about levekusens great achievements ... other than being in a top heavy leegue and being one of the better sides in it for many years lol basically around the world no one gives a f but the premier league everyone cares that is where you will get fame and future from now on

Finished 4th in the Bundesliga last season? There's more money in the premier league but the top top players aren't here. Let's be honest here, we narrowly avoided relegation last season and 14th was flattering, were one of the favourites to go down again this season. How anyone would think joining premier league relegation candidates over genuine champions league qualification contenders in an arguably better league is beyond me.

There's a reason we're having to offer silly money for these players to consider us

I once called a girl a beautiful house because of my own interpretation of a Spanish phrase book.

I thought I was the only one but it seems the Spanish language is a minefield. I mixed up perro and pero and ended up calling a girl a bitch.

I thought I was the only one but it seems the Spanish language is a minefield. I mixed up perro and pero and ended up calling a girl a bitch.

When I worked as an outdoor pursuits instructor I asked a 15 year old Spanish girl to go down on me when I was actually suppose to warn her that I was about to begin lowering her on a climbing wall.

Archived