Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
leicesterfox11

can we win the league?

Yes, we can. Because we're in that league, so already have a better chance than say Forest or Derby. But we won't because, well let's be realistic even if we carry on this form for 10 games, we'll have a dip, Vardy will drop in form and so will Mahrez and the goals will dry up. We'll make errors at the back because Morgan and Huth won't be solid for 38 games.

Can and will are very different words.

I think in the only sensible thing he's ever said, John Barnes made a very good point when we played Man City in the FA cup a couple of years back. We had a chance to beat Man City that day because any team can match the top teams on a given day, the difference is those top teams will perform at that level consistently for most of the season, the likes of Leicesfer won't and that's what sets them apart.

Can't believe I've just answered that properly! lol

i know it is still early days but we sit at the top of the tree. out of all the sides that played today we looked head and shoulders above everyone else.

united were poor and van gaal will struggle to get the new signings to gel

chelsea likewise were poor and if costa gets injured its hard to see them getting goals. they have also not won a game in pre season.

manchester city have a tactically useless manager who seems to throw money at any problem ie 49m on sterling who may flop

arsenal have a great signing in cech but otherwise have more or less the same side as last year.

we seemed to have kicked on from our winning run and its looking like teams will struggle to stop us, if we continue playing this way i believe we are in for a real shout.

I hope for your sake this is suppose to be a joke right.... RIGHT!

How you feeling tonight Marc, better?

Slightly, yes. Obviously. Not with the owners, but I had no strong feelings about Ranieri prior to today, I thought he got the players playing as well as they were at the end of last season which is promising.

FFS!!!

the pessimism is worrying on this site. did anyone think we could escape relegation? NO but we did against all odds. no reason why we cannot win the league. we are one of the best run clubs in england.

FFS!!!

the pessimism is worrying on this site. did anyone think we could escape relegation? NO but we did against all odds. no reason why we cannot win the league. we are one of the best run clubs in england.

You're just making it worse for yourself mate. People are generally humouring you but to say it again beggars belief.

GR8 B8 M8

Wait

You are serious?

Yeah we can. As long as World War is declared before any other games are played and all professional football is cancelled indefinitely and the current league table stands as-is

So now we just need to come up with a way of instigating a World War? Any ideas?

So now we just need to come up with a way of instigating a World War? Any ideas?

And we need to sort it before midday tomorrow, just in case we get passed by one of the teams playing.

Slightly, yes. Obviously. Not with the owners, but I had no strong feelings about Ranieri prior to today, I thought he got the players playing as well as they were at the end of last season which is promising.

Good, I think Ranieri outclassed Advocaat tactically today, but just as importantly let's hope ranieri's signings buy in to the superb mentality we've got in the squad at present, mostly generated by Pearson players

If your expectations are to be challenging for the title, well you will be left seriously disappointed ...

Pessimism? Can I have what you're having? We've just played the first out of 38 games this season and our aim will be to come up with a better finish than last campaign and/or avoid relegation.

We're nowhere near a Top Four, let alone a Top Ten club. If our infrastructure and tech support in training will come to fruition, it won't be this or next season, as we're in a transition period with a new manager at the helm.

I think in the only sensible thing he's ever said, John Barnes made a very good point when we played Man City in the FA cup a couple of years back. We had a chance to beat Man City that day because any team can match the top teams on a given day, the difference is those top teams will perform at that level consistently for most of the season, the likes of Leicesfer won't and that's what sets them apart.

I think you'll find Barnes most sensible comment is that you've got to hold and give, but do it at the right time.

Archived