Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Weller in Tights

Plaudits for our Atmosphere, let's keep it up

Guest CityFan 06

Can anyone in the industry put a price on the cost to supply clappers for a home game ?? £5k ????? If someone said we could have the best home atmosphere in the league for that amount, would you take it ??? I'd snap

your hand off if I was an owner.

Not in the industry but according to two articles I found, the clap banners cost 10-12k to fill our whole ground per game if that's any use?

Edited by @LeicesterFox1884

Not in the industry but according to two articles I found, the clap banners cost 10-12k to fill our whole ground per game if that's any use?

Thanks. Still an absolute bargain in my eyes. To buy an atmosphere for that little is great value. Can't believe they haven't taken off with more regularity elsewhere.

Thanks. Still an absolute bargain in my eyes. To buy an atmosphere for that little is great value. Can't believe they haven't taken off with more regularity elsewhere.

Or a very expensive gimmick when people could clap for £0 Edited by The soup nazi

Creating more noise is nothing new, said it before but you see those old movie reels in black and white and they use rattles, clappers are just the modern day replacement and other grounds have used them but not created the noise or atmosphere that has been created at the KP.

I do not use them but I do not mind them being used, the group of peeps I sit in with in A1 tend not to use them but clap and sing instead.

I have noticed that when peeps sing that I love you song they no longer swing their scarves anymore, well, not so much as they did :scarf:

Still think the best atmosphere was from the latter half of last seasons game against Man United and no clappers were present, when we equalised the noise was amazing, so the potential was there already.

Edited by ithuriel

Guest CityFan 06

I do not use the clap banners, but I have to admit they do seem to get more fans involved with the atmosphere. Not gonna lie I'd prefer it if we didn't have them and we created our own atmosphere but that's just my personal opinion.

Guest CityFan 06

Creating more noise is nothing new, said it before but you see those old movie reels in black and white and they use rattles, clappers are just the modern day replacement and other grounds have used them but not created the noise or atmosphere that has been created at the KP.

I do not use them but I do not mind them being used, the group of peeps I sit in with in A1 tend not to use them but clap and sing instead.

I have noticed that when peeps sing that I love you song they no longer swing their scarves anymore, well, not so much as they did :scarf:

Still think the best atmosphere was from the latter half of last seasons game against Man United

and no clappers were present, when we equalised the noise was amazing, so the potential was there already.

Yeah I have to say the Man Utd game last season was up there with one of the best games I've witnessed at the King Power. We can make noise without clappers as this proved but to be fair the clap banners seem to be working at this present time. I remember the ground bouncing.

Still think the best atmosphere was from the latter half of last seasons game against Man United and no clappers were present, when we equalised the noise was amazing, so the potential was there already.

Yeah I have to say the Man Utd game last season was up there with one of the best games I've witnessed at the King Power. We can make noise without clappers as this proved but to be fair the clap banners seem to be working at this present time. I remember the ground bouncing.

The Man Utd noise was intermittent very load at times but also fairly long periods of silence what the clappers achieve is almost constant noise, plus the chances of every game having the same action on the picture is virtually zero.

The clappers make the difference. I don't use them but I understand why they are successful.

It's the old saying, motion leads to emotion. By getting the fans moving, (their hands) this inevitably gets the personal excitement and involvement levels raised, which is infectious and before long the while crowd is joining in.

Without them, the silent majority would very likely return.

Keep them I say.

Or a very expensive gimmick when people could clap for £0

But the point is that they don't! For god knows what reason, people who won't contribute with their hands will when they are given a piece of cardboard. So give them cardboard. Give them twigs. Give them a pair of old socks. Whatever it takes to keep the atmosphere bubbling and the players playing.

One of the things that the clappers do is make a noise level ( it averages 114 decibels at the back of SK1) equivalent to a HGV lorry driving past. This means that it is very hard for players to communicate verbally with each other as well as managers. Psychology is also important in sport, when you have 30,000 people shouting for you the chances of winning are better than if 30,000 are shouting against you. Leicester players are used to the noise and adapt better than players who are used to playing in silence. It doesn't matter if the opposition hate the clappers, the fact is they work , the players and management like them. If it gains us one point extra a season it is worth it. Personally, I think they were the reason we stayed up last year.

• Like 1

One of the things that the clappers do is make a noise level ( it averages 114 decibels at the back of SK1) equivalent to a HGV lorry driving past. This means that it is very hard for players to communicate verbally with each other as well as managers. Psychology is also important in sport, when you have 30,000 people shouting for you the chances of winning are better than if 30,000 are shouting against you. Leicester players are used to the noise and adapt better than players who are used to playing in silence. It doesn't matter if the opposition hate the clappers, the fact is they work , the players and management like them. If it gains us one point extra a season it is worth it. Personally, I think they were the reason we stayed up last year.

Can guarantee you the clappers aren't used at the back of SK1. That's voices more than anything

the only people "on a high horse" are those like yourself who for some reason don't want to admit that our atmosphere, arguably the best in the country and definitely our best for at least 15 years, is down in the large part to the clappers. 

While I acknowledge that it is partly down to the clappers, it's the logic of it that confuses me. It's literally just as easy to clap you hands, bizarre. That said, with the atmosphere generally improving in the ground through the efforts of Union FS to spread it back into the rest of the ground and not just L,K,J3, you can't say it's all down to the clappers, people still have to open their mouths to get them going.

I'll take our current atmosphere over the morgue of seasons past any day.

Or if you look at it another way, there are only around 3,000 non-corporate seats available for every home game to non-STHs.... That's £4 off for each of those people.

That isn't the right way to look at it at all, mathematically speaking. Why should only those 3000 people benefit from the clappers being removed in favour of reducing ticket prices? 

There are approximately 29,000 clappers (for home fans) in the ground on match day at a cost of £12k. That works out to about £0.41 per person, per seat. 

Over the course of a season (19 home games) that works out to about £7.86 per person, to have a clapper on your seat for every game.

I don't know about anyone else, but £7.86 spread over 19 games really isn't breaking the bank. 

I don't particularly either love/hate the clappers - sometimes I pick mine up and use it, other times I use my hands. I am quite happy to be £7.86 a season worse off, however, to experience the kind of atmosphere that we've had since they've been introduced as opposed to the sometimes nervous, quiet, deathly atmosphere prior to their introduction. 

Season Ticket - £400.00 - no clappers, shit atmosphere.

Season Ticket - £407.86 - clappers, good atmosphere. 

Individual Match Ticket - £30.00 - clappers, good atmosphere.

Individual Match Ticket - £30.41 - clappers, good atmosphere.

Obviously those figures above are not exact, but when you look at it like that, if you had the choice when buying tickets - who's going to choose saving £7.86 over a season or £0.41 a match to suffer a worse atmosphere?