Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Weller in Tights

Plaudits for our Atmosphere, let's keep it up

If you didn't even hear it, why are you bothered by it? Some like it, some don't.

Yes but equally...if goal music isn't even being noticed, why keep it? Depends how you look at it I suppose.

Personally I think it will go at some stage this season. It just doesn't seem commensurate with our current status to be honest.

It was introduced without the fans being consulted about it first. If the club did ever put the question, I'd doubt there would be that many people who would vote to keep it.

Guest CityFan 06

Yes but equally...if goal music isn't even being noticed, why keep it? Depends how you look at it I suppose.

Personally I think it will go at some stage this season. It just doesn't seem commensurate with our current status to be honest.

It was introduced without the fans being consulted about it first. If the club did ever put the question, I'd doubt there would be that many people who would vote to keep it.

Yeah there's two sides to it as there is with the other stuff we have. I would actually like to know the amount of people who do want it, and those who don't in percentage terms.

Edited by @LeicesterFox1884

My ears were ringing coming out of the ground! The 'You're sh1t chant' directed at Gomes after his howler was the loudest I've ever heard it.

It was almost as if the whole ground were shouting it. Poor bloke must've felt so humiliated.... lol

Vardy was absolute p***ing himself at that

Guest CityFan 06

Pleased to read it's thought of as the best atmosphere in the BPL from that article. I wouldn't disagree. I reckon we've got one of the best home atmospheres in the BPL or even England at the moment.

Guest CityFan 06

What's great about our atmosphere at the moment, is everyone seems to be involved (with the help of the clappers to be fair) and the place is just buzzing at the moment. :scarf:

Guest CityFan 06

Not gonna lie I'd prefer it if we made our own atmosphere which I still think we're capable of, but understand what you mean and ultimately the clappers have involved more fans

Edited by @LeicesterFox1884

Bloody hell, I'm in that photo, just left and below of centre, gazing into the distance like an old fart!

Oops, apparently thats not me after all, wife and her mate say I'm more handsome than that. If I dont post agajn tonight......

Should have gone to Specsavers

Edited by steveherbe
  • Like 1

Not sure if it was my imagination or more people were binning them off in the Kop, standing up and using their hands and mouths instead. Good to see.

They're definitely not being used as frequently as when we first got them but the noise has remained just as loud. It helps with UFS and the fact we are doing well though.

End of the day it helps the less confident get involved and the extra noise helps lift the players.

Any opposition fan who moans about it is either jealous or a snob. Probably both.

The thing is the lot of the put downs about the clappers come from fans of clubs whose home games have the aptmosphere of a library.

They have created a level of involvement, albeit to varying degrees, amongst the majority of our support, Men, Women, Kids, Pensioners, boys in SK1, the family stand, even the directors box. At the end of the day it's about gaining an advantage for the team and being the 12th man.

As long as it's gaining us an advantage they've got to be a good thing thing?

so mad that the only people on here who slag the "clappers" off would be the ones id usually relate to improving the atmosphere. yet the clappers improve the atmosphere. thought they'd be delighted with them.

Same sort of people who stand round watching everyone else enjoying themselves on the dance floor and looking mean

I'm no clapper fan but I'd take our atmosphere over the dour morgue that most grounds in this league are.

Home support has been bad again this season. We've been away to three of the others in that top five and I wasn't remotely impressed with Norwich and WBA. West Ham were the best we've been to this season. Bournemouth were a bit Blackpool-ish but not actually that bad, Stoke & Southampton both shite.