Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Weller in Tights

Plaudits for our Atmosphere, let's keep it up

Missed my first home game in donkey's years yesterday so had to settle for watching on the tele. The sound came across incredibly well and the support for the team was clearly evident As said by others, our atmosphere is unparalleled right now - great to be a part of. 

Guest CityFan 06

Atmosphere superb again last night I thought, especially in the last 10mins where the whole ground were collectively supporting the team trying to help the team through to the final whistle. There was one particular chant in SK1, was it 'Ranieri's blue army' which seemed to go on for ages, and at the time people around me were standing up singing it, just great to see.

Edited by LeicsFox06

Guest CityFan 06

That's the one! That was great. Like I said in a previous post, people around me were standing up and singing it, I was bouncing to it, fantastic stuff.

Edited by LeicsFox06

The sound and emotion last night was unparalleled in my experience, (to be fair, my only other experience was Filbert once as a child way back in the 60s in the 90s and then Wlakers in 09-11).

So loud, so much support, lots of singers around SK1 and the noise was incredible.

Not only do we have the best team in the league, but also the best fans.

and lol, the 2 nil and your walking home was hilarious

obviously I love when we score and there is the deafening noise all around the ground. then there's the chanting between the 2 sets of fans (or just us like most of last night lol ) . but my favourite parts (on occasion) are when we concede but the crowd are right behind the players. Last night it must have given the players that extra boost to dig in a little bit more despite the lead being cut down. must give them a massive confidence boost too knowing that whatever happens the fans will still support. 

obviously I love when we score and there is the deafening noise all around the ground. then there's the chanting between the 2 sets of fans (or just us like most of last night lol ) . but my favourite parts (on occasion) are when we concede but the crowd are right behind the players. Last night it must have given the players that extra boost to dig in a little bit more despite the lead being cut down. must give them a massive confidence boost too knowing that whatever happens the fans will still support. 

Very true... when they scored and our fans stood and supported... it was a joy to be a part of.

In years gone by the crowd  wouldve been moaning and booing... not this year,not these fans, not this team :)

Very true... when they scored and our fans stood and supported... it was a joy to be a part of.

In years gone by the crowd wouldve been moaning and booing... not this year,not these fans, not this team :)

The penny has finally dropped about how much difference the crowd makes to the team. It's absolutely unreal. Completely blitzes Filbert Street for atmosphere.

Loving our ground after 10 years. Ufs have to take a huge amount of credit and the clappers love or hate them get all 4 sides of the ground involved.

But can we please all follow ufs lead and back them if things are going badly.

Spurs booed the team off after the 1st defeat since the opening day.

Loving our ground after 10 years. Ufs have to take a huge amount of credit and the clappers love or hate them get all 4 sides of the ground involved.

'If things go badly'? WTF Shaun, them days are long gone, its the land of milk and honey all the way now.

If only......

Agree with that. If we'd quietened down after their goal, nervousness could have transmitted to the pitch. If anything it was the opposite, the crowd recognised we were needed and responded by being even louder. And the players responded by digging in even deeper till the very last minute knowing everyone was behind them.

Agree with that. If we'd quietened down after their goal, nervousness could have transmitted to the pitch. If anything it was the opposite, the crowd recognised we were needed and responded by being even louder. And the players responded by digging in even deeper till the very last minute knowing everyone was behind them.

Holy Trinity. The manager, the players and the fans.

UFS lead???

Somewhat related, but whoever it is that starts whistling with 2 minutes left of stoppage time can you please refrain? Makes things so much more nervey. 

Edited by Foxymcoxy

There is really something special happening at City. Never before have I felt that Leicester have had complete unity from boardroom, back room, managers, players and supporters than we have now. We've had various elements in the past but never all falling into place like now and you have to credit the owners for a lot of this. A fantastic example of this togetherness was shown last night when the fourth official put up 5 minutes injury time, you could have expected nervous whistling and anxious noise from the City fans and a roar of encouragement from chelsea, but what we got instead was a huge roar of encouragement that seemed to come from the west stand and spread round the ground followed by 5 minutes of incredible noise. Imagine being a tired player feeling and hearing that, we are the twelfth man, we need to keep it up and back the team whatever happens and not resort to the groans and booing mentioned above about other teams fans. We are moving forward, we need to be partisan and stick together as I feel that great things are around the corner.

I'd just like to add that a few times last night from my spot in l1 I heard the west stand creating noise, good effort and keep it up.

Up the City. :)

Edited by Vlad the Fox
  • Like 2

UFS lead???

Yes. Having been camped in sk1 since we moved to the KP. I have had to put up with. Lack of atmosphere and plenty of booing. Yet since ufs set up in that corner that has changed. They back the team for 90 mins and if there is still any moaning or booing they must be drowning it out.

Now yes it's easy to do it when we are winning, but even during last seasons most season slump, they continued to sing and support the team, no booing, no moaning.

I have my issues with some members of ufs but I will accept they have changed our ground for the better. And I prefer the positive nature they have helped produce.

That ok with you?

• Like 2

There is really something special happening at City. Never before have I felt that Leicester have had complete unity from boardroom, back room, managers, players and supporters than we have now. We've had various elements in the past but never all falling into place like now and you have to credit the owners for a lot of this. A fantastic example of this togetherness was shown last night when the fourth official put up 5 minutes injury time, you could have expected nervous whistling and anxious noise from the City fans and a roar of encouragement from chelsea, but what we got instead was a huge roar of encouragement that seemed to come from the west stand and spread round the ground followed by 5 minutes of incredible noise. Imagine being a tired player feeling and hearing that, we are the twelfth man, we need to keep it up and back the team whatever happens and not resort to the groans and booing mentioned above about other teams fans. We are moving forward, we need to be partisan and stick together as I feel that great things are around the corner.

I'd just like to add that a few times last night from my spot in l1 I heard the west stand creating noise, good effort and keep it up.

Up the City. :)

The commentators on the NBCSN broadcast last night (I can't remember who, but they'd have to be a duo from Premier League Productions) spoke frequently about this, and what a lift it gives the team. Robbie Mustoe also praised the KP atmosphere at halftime and after the game, and said he would have loved to play in front of that kind of support and at a club with such good team spirit.
  • Like 1

Just re-watched the last few minutes of the NBC Sports Broadcast. They leave the camera on Vardy after most of the others have left the pitch and the fans shift from "We're top of the league" to "We are staying up." I swear for a second he's got tears in his eyes. 

Great stuff.

Just re-watched the last few minutes of the NBC Sports Broadcast. They leave the camera on Vardy after most of the others have left the pitch and the fans shift from "We're top of the league" to "We are staying up." I swear for a second he's got tears in his eyes. 

Great stuff.

I've watched the final bits of the match on NBC Live Extra at least five or so times today. The elation and seeing Claudio fist pump the sky makes my day so much better.