Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Weller in Tights

Plaudits for our Atmosphere, let's keep it up

18 hours ago, Red Squirrel said:

Having supported the club for 50 years I can say that the atmosphere the fans have created over the last 18 months has been utterly fantastic WELL DONE US! and we have been recognised universally as one of the best sets of supporters in the land to complement the amazing success we have had on the pitch - that is not coincidental. The clappers have encouraged fans in all parts of he ground to be a part of the collective. Carry on East Stand with the Poznan - do what you like when we score,  Personally I'd like to hear the goal music at least 5 times every match!!

In terms of size of club - we had the highest attendance in the league on Saturday (quirk of fixtures where lesser clubs at home and Spuds lower capacity) Notwithstanding, some commentators have us as the 7th largest club in England and 13th overall. With £100M TV money, up to £40M Champions league if we progress and a growing worldwide fan base to buy merchandise and don't forget the owners have a cool £2billion - a lot of people will have to adjust their expectations about the size of the club. Oh and by the way there was an article in the London Evening Standard tonight commenting how dire the West Ham atmosphere is at "The London Stadium" as it is now called where  noise evaporates into thin air. The theme was how cr*p it was compared to Upton Park.

The Olympic Stadium is never going to be like Upton Park, but in fairness they've played one match there and by general consent it was a bit of a turd of a game. 

I was there for the Athletics last year and the noise was phenomenal, so it is definatley capable of producing a good atmosphere.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, StanSP said:

I know they're playing Dortmund but Eintracht Trier's fans/ultras are creating a great noise in their match on now.

They're a 4th division side and it puts to shame a lot of 'atmospheres' in this country!

German football just seems to be different though - from the top downwards. I'm no expert but it seems they value fans more than money. Over here it's just all about money.... Klopp dragged his players to salute the Liverpool fans last season but he got ridiculed for it. The attitude towards football in Germany seems a lot better than over here.

8 minutes ago, stripeyfox said:

It is of course true that the atmosphere has been brilliant over this period, but that is mostly due to the rather exceptional "journey" the team has been on.

It will be interesting to see how much the atmosphere is diminished if and when we hit a bad patch.

I see it from a different point of view. I think that the atmosphere seemed to improve when we almost had nothing to lose, during the "Great Escape." I think that the atmosphere was a contributing factor into our success that season and certainly helped during the run in last season. We may not have hit a bad patch last season but there were some very nervy moments towards the end of the season but the atmosphere didn't diminish.

I'm positive that we have turned a corner now regarding the atmosphere and it will continue to improve.  

• Like 1

Guest CityFan 06

How many fans in L1/Family Stand do the Poznan these days? Hard to tell from my angle as it just looks like bouncing. Not sure why we don't just face forwards! Man City do not do it anymore, from what I gather.

Intrigued to know the situation with goal music too for this season...

Edited by LeiFosse 06

2 hours ago, stripeyfox said:

It is of course true that the atmosphere has been brilliant over this period, but that is mostly due to the rather exceptional "journey" the team has been on.

It will be interesting to see how much the atmosphere is diminished if and when we hit a bad patch.

id argue the atmosphere came before the results. not to the level it is now but i remember being pretty pleased with the noise and atmospheres we were getting when we were all but relegated. 

Obviously since the the great escape turned into the unbelievables it's gone to a whole new level of fantastic. 

Guest CityFan 06

Good today. Whoever makes the

video montages has a real talent, the Bocelli one with highlights from last season, and the history one are both fantastic. Both build the atmosphere perfectly, coupled with that build up tune too. 

22 minutes ago, Blue and white said:

Please can someone tell Birch to stop yelling "Are you ready?" repeatedly pre match, it's really not needed.

Rather that then the bloody stupid foxy dancers any day .......bocelli clip still brings me close to tears .....we are enjoying the most unbelievable time in our clubs history

The home atmosphere seems to get better and better with all credit to the Union corner again as they were great too today again!!

Very good at times today, but very flat at times.

Swansea didn't help, poor fans with poor following, the max they pay is £20 every away game, so I'm led to believe.

They should sell out every away end at them prices, and make a lot of noise, considering the hatred for the English 

Edited by Monsell1976

11 hours ago, Monsell1976 said:

Very good at times today, but very flat at times.

Swansea didn't help, poor fans with poor following, the max they pay is £20 every away game, so I'm led to believe.

They should sell out every away end at them prices, and make a lot of noise, considering the hatred for the English 

Funny that. The only people I ever hear giving grief about the oppo support's nationality when we play Cardiff/Swansea are our fans...

Pretty appalling end from them yesterday though, considering they used to sell out at our place every year a few seasons back.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Voll Blau said:

Funny that. The only people I ever hear giving grief about the oppo support's nationality when we play Cardiff/Swansea are our fans...

Pretty appalling end from them yesterday though, considering they used to sell out at our place every year a few seasons back.

There are parts of Wales that hate the English, and I believe Swansea is one of them.

Never understood why Welsh sides got into our league, with it being the English premier league, championship etc, but the Scottish have a poor league standard, but their top clubs remain in Scottish leagues.

33 minutes ago, Monsell1976 said:

There are parts of Wales that hate the English, and I believe Swansea is one of them.

Never understood why Welsh sides got into our league, with it being the English premier league, championship etc, but the Scottish have a poor league standard, but their top clubs remain in Scottish leagues.

Pretty sure it stems back to around 1920's where there was no Welsh football leagues as all they was interested in was playing rugby 

On 23/08/2016 at 16:06, AKCJ said:

Couldn't hear the UFS corner which is a testament to the atmosphere. Looked over and they were clapping and what not.

Everywhere seemed extra loud.

You can rarely hear L1 from the kop either. Then when we get to watch the game on the tv later, it seems to be the L1 guys that are heard the loudest.

10 minutes ago, Bayfox said:

I reckon motd had the mics turned down last night though. 

Sounded crap on the highlights.

Common thing with tv, that's why you can never judge a grounds atmosphere by watching it on the box. Mic positions are another point as well.

Plus the clappers sound tinny on tv.

1 hour ago, promised land said:

Common thing with tv, that's why you can never judge a grounds atmosphere by watching it on the box. Mic positions are another point as well.

Plus the clappers sound tinny on tv.

I understand all that. Just for the 1st time it seemed really obvious they had turned the sound down to save the commentator having to shout over it so to speak. So the commentator sounded normal but background noise was minimal.

17 hours ago, Old Fox said:

Rather that then the bloody stupid foxy dancers any day .......bocelli clip still brings me close to tears .....we are enjoying the most unbelievable time in our clubs history

The home atmosphere seems to get better and better with all credit to the Union corner again as they were great too today again!!

Sorry but of all the things about modern football to dislike the cheerleaders are not one of them.

Need them for every game.

5 minutes ago, Bayfox said:

I understand all that. Just for the 1st time it seemed really obvious they had turned the sound down to save the commentator having to shout over it so to speak. So the commentator sounded normal but background noise was minimal.

I don't understand that, football on the telly is so much better when the commentator has to shout over the crowd. A good commentator works with the noise.

Guest CityFan 06

If UFS and L1 congregated together behind one stand say the Kop end with just one drum, then we'd really have an atmosphere to be heard. Just disappointing to me the reputation we've got nowadays in terms of what we do though. 

Edited by CityFan 06

6 hours ago, CityFan 06 said:

If UFS and L1 congregated together behind one stand say the Kop end with just one drum, then we'd really have an atmosphere to be heard. Just disappointing to me the reputation we've got nowadays in terms of what we do though. 

But then who will the chavs in L1 throw plaggy bockles at?

• Like 1