Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Weller in Tights

Plaudits for our Atmosphere, let's keep it up

2 minutes ago, SystonFox said:

But then who will the chavs in L1 throw plaggy bockles at?

Is there a reason why SK1 and L1 don't really get on 

or do they get on and I'm misreading the situation ? 

The L1 types defo seem Burberry where as SK 1 is more Hugo boss 

lol 

6 minutes ago, GaelicFox said:

Is there a reason why SK1 and L1 don't really get on 

or do they get on and I'm misreading the situation ? 

The L1 types defo seem Burberry where as SK 1 is more Hugo boss 

lol 

Yeah I think your misreading the sitiuation

Not the 1st time is it lol 

Edited by The soup nazi
  • Like 1

On 27/08/2016 at 20:14, CityFan 06 said:

Good today. Whoever makes the

video montages has a real talent, the Bocelli one with highlights from last season, and the history one are both fantastic. Both build the atmosphere perfectly, coupled with that build up tune too. 

Was disappoined that the history one hadn't been updated to show highlights from last season (our most historic ever), the Bocelli one was great.

9 minutes ago, The soup nazi said:

Yeah I think your misreading the sitiuation

Not the 1st time is it lol 

Maybe 

but there seems to be an aweful lot of animosity between  certain sections and what they might be doing or not doing 

If all was well I can't understand why they wouldn't form one super grouping all together 

Guest CityFan 06

SK1 and L1 grouped together would have some real potential though. Because of the noise generated as one, we wouldn't have the mistimings from L Block to SK1 like at the moment. Just a thought. 

Joining SK1 and L1 would make us loud admittedly but you'd then see 3 quiet stands and think the overall atmosphere wouldn't be as good.

I think it's great that we have two sections where atmosphere is generated  and spreads across stands, L1 to family stand/east stand and SK1 to the top. It all gets on to the pitch 

• Like 3

Guest claude_leic

I think the reason it's so good at the moment is because L1 gets one side of the ground going and SK1 gets the other going. If they were both grouped together in the kop then the other end of the ground would be silent. 

Guest CityFan 06

Well, I get where you're coming from on that folks, in terms of the atmosphere being spread to all areas of the stadium. It was an idea that came to me where I just envisaged SK1 and L1 in one stand, the noise would be incredible especially as it's our 'Kop end.' There'd be no reason why the other three stands couldn't joined in, which is what I say with clappers to a degree. If we really wanted to have a proper end then grouping all the singers together would be the way forward IMO.

Now we know there's potential in one whole stand as opposed to blocks, this would be an opportunity for everyone who wants to sing to get together, which has never been done before at the stadium because there hasn't been a stand to do this in, I feel now there is. The thing is about it, some of the UFS songs are excellent & wish as a fanbase we sang them more, but if L1 came over those songs could be heard & they could gain popularity at away games too. As I said previously, we wouldn't then need two drums which would be better, and we could get some more wavers going in the Kop as well and make it a real atmosphere. 

This is all very unlikely though, but something which I'd be fully behind...

Edited by CityFan 06

17 hours ago, GaelicFox said:

Maybe 

but there seems to be an aweful lot of animosity between  certain sections and what they might be doing or not doing 

If all was well I can't understand why they wouldn't form one super grouping all together 

not all ....but they want to see themselves as the better fans and one way of doing that is to talk the other set down...

Guest CityFan 06
4 minutes ago, MPH said:

not all ....but they want to see themselves as the better fans and one way of doing that is to talk the other set down...

I personally haven't got a knowledge that L1 and SK1 aren't keen on each other, but one thing I know is that there wouldn't be this supposed 'we're better than them' if both blocks were grouped together in one stand.

On 22/08/2016 at 18:41, CityFan 06 said:

If we do want to aspire to be the same size as clubs such as Everton, West Ham, Newcastle etc, you don't see them doing the sort of stuff we do.

Like winning the Premier League.....I know it's all a bit of a gimmick, but so far it's worked and thankfully we have owners who are prepared to back whoever comes up with the idea of free beer, clappers, crisps, and a wonderful pre match presentation vs Everton it works for me.

Guest CityFan 06
6 minutes ago, norwichfox said:

Like winning the Premier League.....I know it's all a bit of a gimmick, but so far it's worked and thankfully we have owners who are prepared to back whoever comes up with the idea of free beer, clappers, crisps, and a wonderful pre match presentation vs Everton it works for me.

Yeah I get it, just think our home atmosphere is one of the better ones in the PL anyway without needing to produce atmosphere, other clubs fans have said this too. People use them so that's it really I suppose, they serve a purpose for some.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest CityFan 06
15 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

Claudio wants to make sure the players are mentally up for it tomorrow after playing in the UCL. Are we mentally up for it ??

Hopefully we've set our level now following Wednesday night, we're usually quite good at home these days. 

On ‎29‎/‎08‎/‎2016 at 15:23, CityFan 06 said:

Well, I get where you're coming from on that folks, in terms of the atmosphere being spread to all areas of the stadium. It was an idea that came to me where I just envisaged SK1 and L1 in one stand, the noise would be incredible especially as it's our 'Kop end.' There'd be no reason why the other three stands couldn't joined in, which is what I say with clappers to a degree. If we really wanted to have a proper end then grouping all the singers together would be the way forward IMO.

Now we know there's potential in one whole stand as opposed to blocks, this would be an opportunity for everyone who wants to sing to get together, which has never been done before at the stadium because there hasn't been a stand to do this in, I feel now there is. The thing is about it, some of the UFS songs are excellent & wish as a fanbase we sang them more, but if L1 came over those songs could be heard & they could gain popularity at away games too. As I said previously, we wouldn't then need two drums which would be better, and we could get some more wavers going in the Kop as well and make it a real atmosphere. 

This is all very unlikely though, but something which I'd be fully behind...

Not really sure you understand the people you are talking about.

Guest CityFan 06
25 minutes ago, sylofox said:

Not really sure you understand the people you are talking about.

As I said it's all very unlikely, would be good though.

1 hour ago, CityFan 06 said:

Hopefully we've set our level now following Wednesday night, we're usually quite good at home these days. 

I can't see the atmosphere at home ever being like Wednesday night was, you had to be there to understand it. Away games are totally different to home.

Yes we can be good at home but we don't sing like we do on a good away day.

I'd call Brugges biblical. :)

• Like 1

Slightly underwhelming atmosphere today I thought. Noticed the drummer in SK1 had changed...top marks for effort, must be annoying banging away on it for 90 mins, however the rythm and tune was awful! Broke up most of the chants just as they began.lol

Can we have our regular drummer back next week please?

Guest CityFan 06

I thought the goal music was particularly loud today for the 2nd and 3rd goals, not sure if it was just me? 

Edited by CityFan 06

7 minutes ago, BlueBoy1 said:

Slightly underwhelming atmosphere today I thought. Noticed the drummer in SK1 had changed...top marks for effort, must be annoying banging away on it for 90 mins, however the rythm and tune was awful! Broke up most of the chants just as they began.lol

Pissed me off how he was slowly drumming to ohhh islam slimani at some points which made everyone clap slowly.

1 minute ago, CityFan 06 said:

I thought the goal music was particularly loud today for the 2nd and 3rd goals, not sure if it was just me? Don't get me wrong, I do celebrate what you'd call 'proper' each game too if we score.

Didn't hear it, haven't done for a long while to be fair.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, BlueBoy1 said:

The regular drummer couldn't make it, I know what you mean though. It wasn't as good but then again someone needs to do it! 

• Like 1