Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Weller in Tights

Plaudits for our Atmosphere, let's keep it up

On 8/9/2015 at 08:58, Weller in Tights said:

We received plenty of plaudits for our atmosphere yesterday.

The commentator on Sky said the leicester fans at one point were "increasing the noise levels if that was possible as they're always noisy". The BBC commentators mentioned the noise level and how it was like this last season and Ranieri complimented the crowd on the noise level.

We are getting a reputation as a noisy intimidating stadium.

Yes we will have some opposition fans doing the usual of trying to belittle the atmosphere by saying the 'clappers' are tinpot or saying the chants are unoriginal.

Sod 'em. They really are just jealous. They really wish their home atmosphere was as good.

Yes in an ideal world I wish our 'songbook' was more varied but generally the more fans that get involved the more 'basic' and straight forward the chants become, as they are easier for everyone to follow.

The players have said they like the crowd being noisy and so to be honest I'm sure they're not bothered about 'variety' they just want to hear a loud crowd backing them.

Let's keep it up folks, especially if/when we go behind in a game.

Oh and well done again to UnionFS, the brilliant TIFO, started it all off well.

I only joined the site this week. Apologies that I have a very similar username, it wasn't intentional.

1 minute ago, Spudulike said:

I couldn't hear anything from SK2 sung by the Porto fans last night but could see loads of arm waving. What was the back and forth about ??

I was thinking the same! It was either that brilliantly loud from our end or they just wasn't making any noise!    

The noise levels were that load that they confused my sense of hearing.

I thought we were being quiet at one moment yet I looked over at the Kop and I could see that they were giving it the beans in SK4 but I couldn't hear them lol

Magic night, proper atmosphere.

Fantastic atmosphere! Truly a special night and well done to all that were there and part of it. Even where I was sitting (East stand, near fairly quiet folk) people were in awe of it. 

I'd love us to be regulars in the Champions League, despite all of the corporate rules behind it, UEFA do a great job of making it feel really special. 

Really looking forward to Copenhagen and Porto and I would *love* a long run in this competition. I'd love for us to have a crack at Real Madrid in 2017!

I was quite disappointed with Porto, from SK1 I heard nothing, did see them doing a little bit of call and response style stuff which looked quite cool, but I couldn’t really see much more. I did however like the way they were in at 18:15, basically unreserved seating from the front backwards. I heard they have a massive waving flag outside, assume that got taken off them when they tried to take it in. Copenhagen should be much better.

We were great I thought, as mentioned Boys in Blue before kick-off was the best I’ve ever heard. Got a bit nervy towards the end (not a reason to stop imo but can see why it affects people), celebrations for the goal were top draw. Real shame that we couldn’t do the PHG, but it seems that the mafia really did a number on us.

Guest CityFan 06

Yep, memorable and magical atmosphere at the stadium yesterday night. The roar after the CL music was superb & that's what football is all about, the roar from the stands feeding to the pitch.

Took my missus' brother last night and it was his 2nd Leicester game after West Ham at home during our great escape season. Talk about setting the bar high. He's loved it both times though and he couldn't believe the noise.

I agree the 5mins before and after kick off were insane. So loud!

Can't wait for Copenhagen home and away now. They should be next level.

3 hours ago, sk3since03 said:

I was thinking the same! It was either that brilliantly loud from our end or they just wasn't making any noise!    

It was definitely that you were louder. I was in the family stand and they were loud, but my mate in the West stand also said he didn't hear them. They were great, I wish we could get our singing as co ordinated as they did. 

was in SK2 last night - heard nothing from porto but could see their fans were going for it just from their movement - and now i have to own up that i have forgotten what a quiet stadium sounds like. I dont get the luxury of being able to get into an away game these days to sample the oppos atmosphere but i am sure i will be disappointed when i do. Take the piss all you like about the clackers but they REALLY do affect the atmosphere in a positive sense if there is a will from the "silent" majority to use them. I am sure that without the clackers i would have heard porto last night as there were spells during the game that the only way to relieve the tension was to bang that piece of cardboard on my thigh. This may be wishful thinking but i reckon that the atmosphere for newcastle swansea and southampton during the great escape was better than last night - maybe it just felt more important to me then as i couldnt speak after those games for a couple of days but last night was able to talk to the wife when i got in!

15 hours ago, ScouseFox said:

nuts pre match. didn't hear any team announcements (unless there's a f ucking uefa rule banning them too lol). just bare noise. even kasper looked a bit shocked at how loud it was when he got down the kop end goal. 

Not sure on a ban but they had to announce them before the teams came out, could just about make it out on the screens.

Sat near where the announcer is and even he looked surprised at the noise, I remember an announcement just after half time and I couldn't hear a word, something about coach drivers.

Great atmosphere!