Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Year Of The Fox

Vardy and England

England squad to face San Marino and Switzerland:

Goalkeepers: Joe Hart (Manchester City), Jack Butland (Stoke City), Tom Heaton (Burnley).

Defenders: Nathaniel Clyne (Liverpool), Luke Shaw (Manchester United), Kieran Gibbs (Arsenal), Gary Cahill (Chelsea), Chris Smalling (Manchester United), John Stones, Phil Jagielka (Both Everton).

Midfielders: Michael Carrick (Manchester United), James Milner (Liverpool), Ross Barkley (Everton), Jonjo Shelvey (Swansea), Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain (Arsenal), Raheem Sterling, Fabian Delph (Both Manchester City), Ryan Mason (Tottenham).

Forwards: Wayne Rooney (Manchester United), Harry Kane (Tottenham), Jamie Vardy (Leicester), Theo Walcott (Arsenal).

He best start.

Rooney starts that goes without saying but with Harry Kane and Theo Walcott as Vardy's competition he is the 2nd best out of the 4 on current form.

I mean I like Walcott for England, but not as a striker! And Harry Kane, bloody hell, he's shit at the moment.

I wonder what it's like for Swansea fans when Shelvey gets called up, it's not like us and Vards.

Like us regards King I guess? :dunno:

Not that keen on Wales, but like to see Kingy do well for them, would like them to qualify and prefer them more than Scotland.

I wonder what it's like for Swansea fans when Shelvey gets called up, it's not like us and Vards.

Not sure but I'm really happy for our non-English players when they get called up for their countries. Obviously a lot happier for Vardy though

He really has worked hard to get himself here

Well done to Vardy. He's started the season strongly and having watched a lot of matches this season (albeit non Leicester on TV) no other English forward has really shown fantastic form. Hope he starts, particularly as Kane is playing relatively poorly.

• 4 weeks later...

Can't see him getting ahead of Kane and Rooney. Kane scored an open goal from an offside position after a brief goal drought of about half a year and Rooney was class 10 years ago. He also fumbled one in this weekend after a short barren spell.Can totally see why the media are nuts about these 2 absolute goal getters.

Archived