Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Year Of The Fox

Vardy and England

Rooney, Kane, Ings and Walcott - 4 goals, 1 assist.

Vardy - 6 goals, 1 assist.

Hope Vardy plays, hope the other players actually pass to him and hope he plays in his rightful position rather than out on the bleeding wing like last time.

Just been and got Vardy 9 on the England kit. Had to get the away kit as sports direct at fosse park had ran out of D's in the home kit lettering lol

At least the beer stains wont show

lol any idea if they do shirt personalisation online? Had a quick look but can't see anything about it?

I couldn't either.

Was working down the road from the one in Bristol so bought the home shirt from there today. Couldn't print it til tomorrow but I'm not down that way. Drove to Loughborough branch after they failed to answer the 6 calls whilst heading back home this afternoon.

Got there, and Loughborough only do club shirt printing so had to fight my way from there to Leicester to get told about the lack of D's lol lol

Been a right game

England strikers in Premier League this season:

Rooney, Walcott, Kane & Ings - 5 goals, 1 assist

Jamie Vardy - 6 goals, 1 assist

Rooney, Kane, Ings and Walcott - 4 goals, 1 assist.

Vardy - 6 goals, 1 assist.

Hope Vardy plays, hope the other players actually pass to him and hope he plays in his rightful position rather than out on the bleeding wing like last time.

SNAP! (ish)  :thumbup:

I honestly cannot see the argument to not start him. We've got more to gain than lose. Play him, play to his strengths and learn a bit about what he could offer to England's side. We aren't going to not beat Estonia at home because of it.

Harry Kane will offer more to England in the long-term, I don't doubt that, but we cannot use Euro 2016 as a platform to build for the future, playing younger players as a cop-out when Italy beat us on penalties. At this rate I can see Vardy being a bigger asset for that particular tournament than Kane. Like I said before, Kane doesn't score - what does he offer? Vardy doesn't score - you've still got his pressing from the front.

I've no doubt though that if we see him it'll be out wide whilst talisman Rooney slows our attack down as usual, maybe scores a penalty to paper over the cracks etc... seen it all before. Play Vardy up front and to his strengths and he will deliver in this game. I'm sure of it.

I honestly cannot see the argument to not start him. We've got more to gain than lose. Play him, play to his strengths and learn a bit about what he could offer to England's side. We aren't going to not beat Estonia at home because of it.

Harry Kane will offer more to England in the long-term, I don't doubt that, but we cannot use Euro 2016 as a platform to build for the future, playing younger players as a cop-out when Italy beat us on penalties. At this rate I can see Vardy being a bigger asset for that particular tournament than Kane. Like I said before, Kane doesn't score - what does he offer? Vardy doesn't score - you've still got his pressing from the front.

I've no doubt though that if we see him it'll be out wide whilst talisman Rooney slows our attack down as usual, maybe scores a penalty to paper over the cracks etc... seen it all before. Play Vardy up front and to his strengths and he will deliver in this game. I'm sure of it.

I'm beginning to think Vardy will now be picked as we all keep saying ...   but I'm not sure from an entirely selfish Leicester point of view I want that now.  We all know he's one extremely tough little cookie and has played with pain killing injections and with broken bones, but yesterday he took another knock and looked battered ....    he could do with a rest. 

Probably just over worrying  .....   He deserves the glory    :)  :ph34r:

The lad is just quality this season he wears his heart on his sleeve and runs around the pitch like a little terrier with so much energy it's unreal !

Well done Jamie Vardy for all your hard work that's earned you a shot at a place for next years Euros and I'm sure he'll take every opportunity and play his heart out for his country as well as he does for his club!

And I bet that hasn't gone unnoticed by the Thais in an advertising plan Leicester city riding high in the premier league and an England regular in Vardy along with our other internationals !

Fair play Jamie let's hope you grab a few England goals that will add to your confidence which can only benefit us more!

The lad is just quality this season he wears his heart on his sleeve and runs around the pitch like a little terrier with so much energy it's unreal !

Well done Jamie Vardy for all your hard work that's earned you a shot at a place for next years Euros and I'm sure he'll take every opportunity and play his heart out for his country as well as he does for his club!

And I bet that hasn't gone unnoticed by the Thais in an advertising plan Leicester city riding high in the premier league and an England regular in Vardy along with our other internationals !

Fair play Jamie let's hope you grab a few England goals that will add to your confidence which can only benefit us more!

Thats calmed me down a bit ....  quite right too ..  Good post !

Vardy offers England a Plan B. Unlike any other striker we have. Also, I think he'll be better versus the bigger teams in the Euros which is what Eng need. In fact, England should set up like Leicester versus the bigger teams and play counter attacking, after all with Walcott, the Ox and Vardy Eng have loads of pace

Vardy offers England a Plan B. Unlike any other striker we have. Also, I think he'll be better versus the bigger teams in the Euros which is what Eng need. In fact, England should set up like Leicester versus the bigger teams and play counter attacking, after all with Walcott, the Ox and Vardy Eng have loads of pace

I agree but unfortunately ut won't happen as that would be admitting we're not as food as the elite countries. We'd much rather knock the ball around our defence for most of the game and watch Rooney stroll around and hope we get a penalty for him

He will make every squad as long as he keeps playing to the standard he is. The problem is he will never be utilised the way he is for Leicester which as mentioned, is a detriment to the national team.

We are all obviously biased and contrary to the uneducated Norwich supporters views, the PL goalscorers table is all the proof you need to support this.

Archived